Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/6/2017 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went into Ulta with the intention of buying Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I needed a TM for the cooler months with sunscreen and like that formula. Urban Decay was having a sale event at the front of the store and one of their reps offered to color match me for this instead. The gel like formula is similar in that it gives a radiant finish and light coverage. This dries down a bit more satin than the dewy CR and is less emollient so it's easier to build up and set for medium coverage. I have some melasma from a recent pregnancy and some redness and it evened things out pretty well and feels great on the skin. It's not gonna cover completely but I'm not trying to look like a mannequin just polished and evened out. So far this doesn't cake, settle or move around. I did set with powder in my oily t-zone and its lasted 10 hours until I washed it off. The Spf is a 20 with both a physical and chemical sunscreen for broad spectrum protection. I react pretty quickly to some chemical sunscreens like avobenzene usually within 20 minutes my face starts to burn and itch but so far so good with this one.

The con for me is the extremely limited color range with no neutrals. I was matched to light-medium and if the coverage was any heavier I wouldn't be able to wear this when I havent had any sun. I'm usually a medium neutral in other brands but this shade has a lot of yellow. It works but a more neutral shade would have been better. Because it's not an opaque formula it's pretty forgiving but there is nothing here for those with very fair, olive or neutral skin tones. I was surprised by that since UD has a decent range of colors in their foundation. A few more would be great here. Great finish and formula but crappy color selection.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this for awhile and have kept trying it out every once in awhile to see if I have any different results with it, but I've come to the conclusion that this just does not work for me whatsoever. I'm not one that likes full coverage to begin with so I thought this would be perfect me, especially on days that I don't feel like doing a whole foundation/concealer/powder routine. The reality is the coverage and formula of One And Done is just so bizarre that it's just not good at all.
The coverage is incredibly minimal and it doesn't cover redness at all. If you suffer from acne or redness around your nostrils etc. this isn't going to do a thing. The weird part is that even though it's extremely light coverage, it somehow still manages to look heavy on my skin. It patches, pools, and separates and makes my drier areas look like the freakin desert. It creases under my eyes, in my forehead, and between my brows and completely separates on my chin and nose. It patches so badly under my eyes on either side of my nose you'd think I've never exfoliated or used moisturizer in my life.
This definitely is NOT a "one and done" product for me. I realize that it works for some and maybe it's better suited for teen and early 20's skin, but for my 34 yr old skin it draws so much attention to flaws and texture that it's just not workable.
I have the shade Light and it does oxidize to shade with a really heavy yellow undertone on my skin. I have more neutral undertones that do lean more yellow than pink so the fact that this makes me look obviously more yellow is kind of a big deal.
I'm definitely not buying this again. It's way too expensive for how it performs.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looked ashy upon application (think Zombie Apocolypse) on my strong yellow toned NC42 skin...but within half an hour had melded beautifully with my skin to create a flawless, yet skin like finish which matched me perfectly.

I purchased this in medium dark...and relegated it to my Halloween makeup pile....only to pull it back out once I got a glimpse of how beautifully it had settled on my skin.

Pleasantly surprised by its silky texture and surprisingly superior coverage. Works well with my HG Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.

on 7/6/2017 2:25:00 PM

The colour Light is not really light. It looks very orange when you pump it out onto your hand. It only fits me when I have a little bit of a tan. It does blend out fairly well, and i would like it much better if i could use it all year round. I'm only tan for three months, so it's not really worth it.

I'm so disappointed! I found my color match, this applies beautifully and blurs imperfections, looks really nice on etc. but it broke me out so bad, real bad. To be fair, most things do. The only foundation I can wear is UD's Naked Skin.

Sadly I will have to return this but if you're not breakout prone and want a high quality tinted moisturizer that wears beautifully, get this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark (NC37/40 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combination
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- demi matte finish
- easy to apply
- blurs imperfections
- lightweight

CONS

- longevity (although its not stated to be long wearing)
- packaging (pump doesn't work too well)

COMMENTS: Great foundation for summer use IF you mix this with a little bit of powder. On its own, I found my blush/bronzer fading and it made me very oily after a few hours. However, if I mix some translucent loose powder I don't have these issues (still get oily, but nowhere near as bad - totally normal). Do keep it mind it will thicken the consistency to the point where it can be harder to blend, but use less if that's an issue. I also get some legit coverage from doing this. No, you don't have to use their Velvetizer for this method. Try it with a powder you have now. I can probably get away with wearing this alone during the winter months, but this minor adjustment has this working so well for me in this heat.

Will repurchase.

Just tried this and absolutely Love it. It goes on like a moisturizer and smoothes out my complexion. I have tried many other bb and cc creams and tinted moisturizers. This is what I have been looking for. Just the right amount of coverage. Looks natural. Skin looks smooth and healthy. Will definitely buy again.

on 2/26/2017 3:51:00 AM

I was at Ulta checking out the Nars TM and the UD rep asked to show me this product. And while the color she chose, medium light, was perfect, that's about the only good thing about this product. It slides off my face about 2 hours after applying it, both with & without using a primer. It provides some coverage but fades in about an hour, & as stated above, gone in 2 hours. My face got shiny too quickly and when I removed it at the end of the day there was practically no product to remove.
I wasn't expecting full coverage as it is advertised as a BB cream, and I wanted to use it on the days I didn't want to deal with foundation, but it just doesn't work for me. I have combo oily skin and told the salesperson this before trying it but she said it would work on my skin type.
This product is going back to the store. I have used it a total of 3 times and won't attempt a fourth. I'll take my refund and go to Sephora and try Nars Velvet Matte TM instead as the Nars Radiant TM looks like the same coverage- too glowy and greasy.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you are someone who likes tinted moisturizers and that airy, breathable type foundation, then this is for you. Do not expect much coverage as this is quite sheer. Many people claim it's "your skin but better" and I agree. It is lovely on the skin and there is a subtle glow. I tried the Medium shade and for reference I am typically a NC35. The shade was a good match albeit a tad on the orange side but nothing too noticeable. Texture-wise, it's very fluid but it glides on the skin beautifully. I would recommend some type of moisturizer underneath though. I do not find the One and Done moisturizing on its own. OK, seriously, the person who came up with this packaging needs to be replaced. Here's a tip, upon opening item at home for the first time, shake and squeeze the bottom as you dispense the pump. And hold the product downwards. It works better than just pumping it like 30 times before anything comes out. Ok, so moving on, I find that after a few hours, my skin does look a bit shiny on t-zone and cheeks. It's not a pretty look. I also feel that some of the makeup has come off. This is definitely not non-transfer. It comes off very easily, which would be a PRO when it comes to washing it off at nights. But I really did not enjoy overly sheen look. Also, after a few uses, I did find some minor breakouts. All in all, not a bad product. It's nice for those seeking something light and already have good skin. This did not help with hiding my acne scars. It is good for evening out skin tone and giving it a nice glow.

on 2/15/2017 11:38:00 AM

I have a lot of the same feelings on this product as previous reviewers do - it is great if you want a light, blurring tinted moisturizer but it is expensive. I have dry, aging skin and this is a lightweight product that does not settle into any of my lines or dry patches and it dries down to a not too matte finish. It really just kind of slightly perfects skin and any darker spots on my skin still show thought but they look a little less sharp. This did not break me out (IT Cosmetics CC cream did) and feels very light on my skin. I don't like heavy foundations and they usually just make my pores/lines looks worse no matter what but this is a great product that allows me to get some coverage and it still looks like my skin but just better. Others have stated there are drugstore products that work just as well as this so the cost is not justified and I would love to know what those products are as this does seem over priced at $34 a tube. Also, the shade range is too limited at six tints. I will keep buying until I can find something else cheaper.