Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Love this tinted moisturizer. Finished one and repurchased already. Do not expect it to cover blemishes or pigmentation issues, there is concealer for those. This stuff is there for you to even out the skin tone. The one and done has a natural, skin-like finish. It is not dewy, but also definitely not matt. I feel the skincare ingredients in it did make a difference over the time. I also find it performs best when applied with fingers in one, max two, thin layers. And well, that's the only foundation that I don't sweat off at high temperatures in summer.

on 8/16/2017 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I actually never bought this. I went makeup free to Ulta to try it out. Tried it on. Loved the texture and ease of application but before I even hit the checkout it was dark orange. Horrible. This didn't seem to be oxidation, the Light color was orange and dark straight out of the tube. Too bad. Seemed like a product I would have liked. Wish they would come out with a fair shade that was neutral. If they did I would definitely try again!

on 6/5/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm the kind of person who loves sheer/light coverage because its humid where I live and because I don't need to much coverage to being with. So this baby fits the bill perfectly. It's lightweight and does a great job to even out my complexion and blurring minor imperfections. I think it works best if you're going for an every day all natural look. I love that it comes with SPF because it means I can skip a step, I just wish it was higher (it's only SPF 20). I mostly apply using a Beauty Blender but using your fingers works well too (great when you're in a hurry or packing light like for beach holiday). Just remember to blend in fast because it sets rather quickly . The shade Medium is a good match (for ref, I'm UD Naked 5.0/Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli/St Moritz TM). I have dry skin and I find that this is not moisturizing enough to use on its own. However, it lasts throughout the day and I get minimal or hardly any shine (though I do top up with a dusting of loose powder around the T-zone).

It's loaded with peptides and vitamins which is a bonus but can't say I've noticed significant radiance or firmer feeling skin (as it claims on the box). That aside it's still a great product and one I'd definitely revisit.

on 12/3/2016 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this foundation now for quite sometime, and even though I try out a lot of different foundations, I gravitate back to this one over and over. And over time, I have to admit somewhat reluctantly that this really is a very good foundation for my particular skin situation. I never thought this product would be the one for me, since marketiwise I supposed it is trying to target more of a younger audience. But if your skin type is somewhat like mine, chances are you would like it too...:)

My skin for reference is mature, approaching the fifty's and my skintype is dry, which means it is easily dehydrated and cannot keep the skins surface moisturised by itself. Pores are slightly enlarged due to age and genetics and my skin is also sensitive and prone to redness/mild rosacea.

Finding a good foundation for skin like mine is a bit tricky, Full coverage highly pigmented foundations tend to emphasise imperfections and pores, and too little coverage tinted moisturisers don't even out the skin tone enough.

This product is somewhat of a hybrid. It is not a full coverage or even buildable foundation. Rather it has a light to light medium coverage. It is not too sheer like most tinted moisturisers, but not comparable to regular foundations either. Instead this rather works by cleverly chosen pigments combined with blurring agents that manages to even out skin tone and diffuse imperfections without masking the skin. I have never come across a formulations like this before, so it is not easy to compare to other products. This is quite unique and I think therefore an unexpected target audience for this might just be ladies like myself with dry or dry/mature skin that needs a bit of evening out but not by covering/masking but through blurring making the result very skin like. It will not however be able to even out very uneven skin tone or completely mask out heavy pigmentation discolouration. But it will even out rosieness and mild uneven pigmentation by blurring and diffusing. It smooths over pores and does not settle into them and does not despite its shorter texture emphasise texture on me, which I find to be a small miracle...:)
Due to this a wide shade range is not needed since this morphes with your skin tone rather than covering it. Undertones don't matter as much then either. Most of the colours in the range pull towards the warm spectrum, but still works well with my skin tone that pulls more towards the cool/neutral side. Some reviewers have felt this oxidises. I have not experienced oxidisation on me and tested it also while writing this review on my hand with no noticeable change in colour. Oxidisation can occur in combo with skincare products but some foundations oxidise always. I don't find this to do so.

The finish is not dewy, rather a matte slightely satiny finish that is very flattering on my skin, and also helps with longevity and lessens the need for powder. I have loved it during the summer months and have ordered a lighter colour now for winter. That hardly happens for me. It allows well for mixing with other products too. I sometimes mix it with a luminous product when my skin feels particularly dull. And it works great too. It wears really well throughout the day and does not break up in areas rather melts slowly away leaving the skin looking more like my skin but better throughout the day. The result is natural or naturally perfected but not flawless.

Application is a breeze it is not too slippy in texture, rather a "shorter consistency" and personally I apply this with my fingers that helps the product melt into place with ease. With surface dry mature skin that is my preferred method of application, since brushes tend to exaggerate my redness and dry patches/texture and damp beautyblenders tend to draw moisture off my skin since water can be quite drying on my skintype and with this particular product it also sheeres out the coverage and lessens the blurring/diffusing effect imo.

The package is great, the tube keeps the product sanitary and prolongs the antioxidants. You have to squeeze it a bit in the beginning to help the pump to work by getting any air out that might block the pump action. But once that is done the pump works very well and you can adjust the amount that comes out quite well for a pump product.

It comes with an SPF of 20 that is a mixture of mineral and chemical sunscreen. Personally I could do without SPF in this product. (I don't believe much in layering SPF and I think those compounds usually make foundations less perfectly working). I am not however bothered by this particular SPF content. But those of you who dislike chemical sunscreens or those of you who find mineral sunscreens irritating should be aware that there is quite a bit of sunscreen in this product.

Who do I think will not like this product?
-Those of you who have very fair skin. The lightest shade is not porcelain enough, I assume.
-Those of you who have quite a bit of uneven skin tone and/or major texture issues.
-Unsure, but very oily skintypes may find this more sheer than I do with my dry and dehydrated skin.
-Those of you who really dislike applying foundation with your fingers
-Those of you who want full coverage and feel more comfortable with covering imperfections rather than evening them out and want a completely flawless finish.

Who might like this product:
-Those of you who have a similar skin type like me. Mature, dry, dehydrated with some unevenness, some sensitivity/redness, some textural issues and pores that blurs more effectively by plumping them out rather than masking them or covering them with silicone primers and heavier pigmented products.
- Those who look for a light to light medium coverage, one step up from tinted moisturiser but not full on foundation or bb cream and want a more natural skin like result where some imperfections may show through.
-Those who spend most of their time in daylight outdoor li

on 10/5/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This review is for a sample I received with my UD order. I got the shade medium light which is supposed to be good for those with UD shades from 3.5-4.0. I usually wear 4.0 in the Naked Skin foundation. I found the One and Done to be a little too light for me but nothing a little bronzer couldn't fix.

Coverage was pretty good considering this is considered a CC cream with sheer coverage. I did have to follow up with concealer on some dark sunspots. I do wish it had more coverage like the IT Cosmetics CC cream. However UD is cheaper at $34 for 1.3 oz.

Performance of this foundation was top notch. I used the UD Optical Blurring Brush to blend it in and it did so effortlessly. Makes me look like I'm not wearing foundation and I love that it already ahs SPF 20 built in. I applied this foundation at 5:30 am and took it off at about 6 pm after I spent an hour at the gym. My skin still looked flawless without touch ups. I would definitely purchase the full size!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I was so glad when I got a sample of the product to try when I visited the UD booth. She gave me LIGHT. I wasnt so sure as to whether that colour would be good for me as I am not fair/light, yes a bit light medium in the winter & tan in the summer. But when I mix it with the UD foundation, it gives a good texture, colour and staying power. I have to admit that I dont like the UD foundation, it oxides on me! It has like 5-6 staying powers! When it oxides in a real light, my face looks darker than my neck! But when I go into the store, the lightning is different so one cannot see the different colour! urghhhh.... it irritates me. I wanted to get 1 - 2 colour lighter but I rather use my money on getting a new foundation than getting the same brand until I discovered the BB cream.
Its not buidable but a good base. It blends well with other foundation too. The BB cream lighten my UD foundation, so its perfect.
I loved wearing BB cream in the summer, something light, some coverage ( I still wear a concealer on top) and not heavy on th face :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros:
-It isn't oily at all
-the colour range is really good
-I have medium light and it blends beautifully, it is easy to work with this "bb" cream

Cos:
-the coverage isn't that great I mean it's not bad but it could be improved.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been trying very hard to love this but I really think it's not meant to be. For the record, my skin is pretty weird; dehydrated, with a dry t-zone from acne medication that gets oily/sweaty pretty easily in the crazy-humid and hot climate here. My skin is also sensitive. I'm a light-medium warm leaning neutral, and Medium-Light was a great shade match. Medium was very orange on me.

Pros:
- Didn't break me out for the 2 days I used it.
- Pore-blurring was effective, especially on my enlarged pores along my nose and the side of it near my cheeks.
- The concept of the packaging was nice, and looked the price.
- Coverage was ok, with a little oil control.

Cons:
- Did not play well with dryness on my nose. Emphasised flakes, even after exfoliation.
- Poor dispenser took many pumps to dispense the product, just wasn't consistent
- For a tinted moisturiser aimed at getting you summer-ready, the low SPF20 doesn't really make it a one and done deal. You probably need a real sunscreen to augment it.
- Unusual smell, very paint-like. Smells exactly like Snazaroo's Clown White face paint. Goes away after a while though.

My opinion: I've tried better tinted moisturisers (DayWear Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit BB Creme SPF 35, Ettusais Mineral BB Cream) and would have returned it if I could.

on 5/14/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is perfection! I have warm-toned fair skin with freckles and some minor redness around the nose and chin. Last winter EL's EE cream was my go-to tinted moisturiser, but for spring/summer I wanted something warmer and less shiny. This is it. I have it in medium-light and it is perfect. Glides on, makes my skin look like my skin but better and has a nice matte glow to it. Coverage is light but sufficient when you have minor redness. The packaging is great, very hygienic and easy to take with you everywhere.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has an extremely light coverage. It does even things out a bit, but not enough to be called light-moderate coverage. Packaging is amazing, will keep the product sanitary. But this is going to be relegated to gym use because the coverage is close to non existent. In terms of coverage, let me create a continuum: one & done > too faced beauty balm > Missha perfect cover = MUFE F&B > Teint idole 24 = Nars Sheer Glow (I'm sure there are a thousand between MUFE FB and TI 24, these are just the products I use).