Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/15/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: I originally said that the coverage was too light for me to use as a foundation alone. Being summertime, I now have a little bit of a tan and this product works really nicely for a quick, light look. I can put it on along with just mascara and it's enough for something quick like a trip to the supermarket.

I should start by saying that I did not like this as a foundation alone - the coverage wasn't enough for me - but please please read on if you've got large pores or wrinkles. I promise it's worth it.

I had watched a YouTube video where the lady used it essentially as a primer. Just one pump and concentrated on the areas with large pores and wrinkles - MAGIC - and I have tried countless pore minimizing products, tricks, spells, rain dances ....

I got a sample at Sephora and gave it a try.

I put it on the areas with large pores, wrinkles, and any acne scars or little indentations; wait a couple of minutes and follow up with my Estee Lauder Double Wear light, applying that with more of a dabbing motion like with a beauty blender or nice brush and voila! Even topped over that with concealer on the undereye area and that sort of V below the eye alongside the nose, again working it in with a sort of dabbing/stippling motion - still no pores. Very light dusting of translucent powder to set before moving on to contouring, blush, etc. and it still looks amazing.

Absolutely amazing. Even hours later, even when you look at it in the car mirror (which can be downright terrifying - who hasn't done that and bolted back inside to start from scratch?), under different lighting, you name it. And it is not so heavy that you look like some caked-on, over-made, speckled Barbie wannabes. I find I'm ending up with a medium, flawless, smooth, and actually effortless look.

I'm just going to get a trial or travel size because you really don't use much and I don't want a big tube starting to dry or spoil, but I am seriously talking Holy Grail Pore Management here. I don't really care what it costs.

on 7/23/2016 8:54:00 AM

I adore this product. I have oily skin and I work long hours, so I need something that lasts, but I like a sheer base. Most tinted moisturizers and BBs have too much moisture to last on me. This has more pigment and something in it really adheres to my skin; I can go a full 12-16 hour day with my makeup still looking good, if not perfectly fresh, and with minimal touchups. The light color has been a great match for me, even as I got a little color going into summer. If I want more coverage, I top with powder - but as I said, I really like very sheer coverage and I think this makes my skin look more even without looking covered up. I don't have much that requires additional concealer. I haven't broken out using this; if anything, my skin looks better, although I'm going to credit better skincare to that vs. this product. But it hasn't hurt any.

This has a light, silicone-y texture. It goes on very smoothly, blends out well with a Beauty Blender and then goes demi-matte once it sets. No obvious smell. I don't find that it builds up particularly well, but that's what concealer is for.

I'll buy this as long as they make it. A truly excellent product for anyone who wants the feel of a tinted moisturizer or BB but that has better pigmentation and staying power.

on 7/21/2018 9:57:00 AM

You know how you buy something sometimes but you don't actually expect to like it? Or not, maybe I'm just weird, but I kind of thought I would be returning this instead of loving it.

What I wanted: something I could literally slap on with my fingers before running out the door in the morning because I am Forever Late To Work.
What I got: exactly that. I did not see that coming.

Cushion foundations don't last the day for me & require some finesse on my part due to enlarged pores and dry patches. Tinted moisturizers either offer no coverage, or are foundations that are poorly named. When I said I needed fast, I meant it. No liquids, and even my favorite stick foundation requires some proper application, generally with a brush. This stuff I literally pump onto my fingertips, blend in and that is it. No setting with powder or spraying with setting spray, and I don't even use concealer. So weird. The first time I put it on I was like "well that did nothing". Literally a minute later it looked like I had concealed and set my face. "One and done" sounds like the gimmicky-est name ever, but they actually did it. I'm shocked/impressed/thrilled.

For reference I am dry/dehydrated (so, dry patches, oily patches, a general party up in here) w/rosacea, yay, and nose pores you can back a truck into.
I. Don't. Need. Pore filler. With this. *confetti emoji*

My best match is Vapour foundation stick 090, I wear Ivory in Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB cream, Fair in IT Cosmetics CC cream, and Laneige BB cushion in Porcelain is also a good match. In this I wear Light, of course, which I thought was going to be too dark and is not, possibly because it's somehow...sheer but with coverage and I....know how stupid that sounds. I hope this doesn't do me wrong in the winter, but I do use SPF like a boss so I don't think my skin-tone varies much if at all. (side note, I slapped SPF over this the other day & it looked great)

This product isn't getting any love on YouTube so it will probably get discontinued and I will cry. But if you're perpetually late/lazy you should try this before it's gone!

on 2/15/2017 11:38:00 AM

I have a lot of the same feelings on this product as previous reviewers do - it is great if you want a light, blurring tinted moisturizer but it is expensive. I have dry, aging skin and this is a lightweight product that does not settle into any of my lines or dry patches and it dries down to a not too matte finish. It really just kind of slightly perfects skin and any darker spots on my skin still show thought but they look a little less sharp. This did not break me out (IT Cosmetics CC cream did) and feels very light on my skin. I don't like heavy foundations and they usually just make my pores/lines looks worse no matter what but this is a great product that allows me to get some coverage and it still looks like my skin but just better. Others have stated there are drugstore products that work just as well as this so the cost is not justified and I would love to know what those products are as this does seem over priced at $34 a tube. Also, the shade range is too limited at six tints. I will keep buying until I can find something else cheaper.

on 5/25/2016 6:51:00 PM

This foundation/BB Cream was a huge disappointment for me. First of all the color was a shock. Usually I am a 0.5 in their HD Foundation which is a bit too light for me. I ordered shade "light" according to the recommendation on the website. But unfortunately the cream came out quite yellowish/apricot and suprisingly dark (approx. MAC NC 15, which is too dark for us fair girls). With a lot of blending you can still make it work for fair skin but the strong yellowish/apricot undertone makes it look weird on neutral to reddish undertones even though the coverage is rather light. The consistency is pretty much like Bobbi Brown's BB Cream. It's a bit difficult to spread as it's quite thick. It instantly clings to dry patches and therefore ends up looking uneven. Additionally my face looked super dry. I found this formula quite drying and after a while of wearing it my face felt really tight (even though I was using moisturiser underneath). I have combination oily skin with super oily T-Zone and very dry cheeks as I am in a constant battle against dermatitis/eczema which leaves my skin super dry with a lots of small spots in that area. If I use drying products the breakouts will get worse. Unfortunately this happend after wearing this Cream for a day. So I had to stop using it. Basically the formula is not irritating but it dried out my skin and thus worsened my dermatitis. I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin. Considering its matte finish and rather drying feel one would probably assume that it is awesome for Oily skin. But on my very oily T-Zone it didn't keep the shine at bay for long and after a while this BB Cream felt heavy on my skin.

I think people with normal to slightly oily skin might be happy with this as their summer foundation as it provides a light coverage and a bit of sunscreen. I think for me it mainly didnt work because it emphasized any dry part (thus looking patchy) and dried my skin out even more. Also the color range for pale skin is quite bad but that doesnt necessarily make it a bad product.

on 4/19/2016 12:16:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately it didn't work out between us. It had blur, which is definitely a good thing, and it had tint to it, also a good thing, but not enough blur to wear by itself, and not enough tint to actual conceal anything. After I put it on, I still needed concealer and powder, and that defeats the whole purpose-I already have great foundation to go through all that with. I think I was looking for something a little more naked looking than foundation while still doing foundation's job. Crazy, I suppose, but that what this claims to do. No oil control, and overall a kind of slippery feeling to it. This might be great for someone who has fewer "imperfections", but that is not me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As I'm getting older (hit the 50 mark this year!) I prefer less make up. Have been using high spf BB's or sometimes just my sunscreen and finishing powder, so I was quite excited about trying this. I prefer a product that can be applied with fingers just for speed and convenience but unfortunately this product didn't work for me applying this way as it sets quite quickly. However with a Real Techniques stippling brush it buffed up really nicely. Was a little worried about the colour because light was a little light and a bit orangey, and light medium looked too dark for me. I went with light and it blends perfectly with my skin tone. I finish with a dusting of E.L.F. Finishing powder or a light brush over of physicians formula pressed powder. Now this product has been marketed as a one step, all you need product for summer make up but I would have thought that the spf would have been at least 30, not 20. I have been wearing just over a serum with no added sunscreen but as a fair person who uses Retin A and lives in the tropics I feel I would need a sunscreen underneath. Would I buy again? Yes probably because it does give a nice 'no make up' made up look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I thought I would love this because of the weightless feel and sheer look but it was too sheer. However it would emphasize any and all dry flakes and seemed to dry my skin out. It also congregated along my jawline and oxidized there to a peachy hue. I bought in light and in the majority of my face that was my color. It's a weird product. It's not a foundation or a BB cream or even enough coverage to be a TM. It's not great as a primer. And it doesn't have enough SPF with it's paltry SPF20 to be good for sunscreen. So I couldn't justify the price for something that was well....nothing.

Love this. It's sort of half way between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation. I feel I still need a touch of concealer under my eyes and finish with a powder so the term 'one and done' isn't true for me but I still love the product. I stopped wearing foundation for a while recently as I got fed up of feeling cakey and my I'm lucky to have quite clear skin, but by the end of the day I looked so washed out. This product is great for me because it does exactly what I need it to without feeling too heavy. I'm a NC15 and the light shade is just light enough for me.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of the best BB creams that I have ever tried! It goes on evenly and smoothly, and does a great job of leveling out my flaws without masking everything. Coverage is light and not really buildable, but if I wanted more than light coverage, I wouldn't be turning to a BB cream. The finish is very natural: satiny, not greasy. It doesn't require any powder afterwards, and it last for a good 8 hours at least. It does tend to be a bit drying, so I have to make sure I'm well-moisturized before I apply it. The SPF is nice, but I never rely on any BB cream or foundation as my sole sun protection. Fortunately, this plays well with real sunscreens without pilling or patching. It's pricey but worth it...it's a repeat purchase for me, in fact.

As far as the shade range goes, I'm currently between UD Naked Skin 2.0 and 3.0, so Light is a great fit for me. The shade's undertone is little more neutral than my undertone actually is, but it blends out pretty well. Light is supposed to cover the shade range 0.5-3, but I think users of the foundation shades lower than 2.0 are going to find Light a little too dark for them.