Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/15/2018 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a makeup junkie and always itching to try new stuff, so I don't remember the time I've actually finished something. So when I say this is my go-to foundation, that means a lot (considering I've probably tried more than 100 different ones in my lifetime and currently have 7 opened ones on my dresser). Qualifier: I may not have liked this as much in my younger days, as the coverage is sheer and it's not matte. But for my nearing 50 skin that is getting drier and generally blemish free, this is a dream. It goes on very smoothly, never cakes up and gives me that natural glow like I'm bursting with health and didn't slap on a lot of makeup to cover up. People have constantly said how good my complexion looks when I'm wearing this (not how good my makeup looks). That's a huge difference. It plays well under sunscreen and wears well too, still looks great after 6 hours, considering how lightweight this is.

For all those complaining about the price, I hope you realise that this gives you 40ml instead of the usual 30ml of most foundations. I'm Mac NC25 and Light-Medium is perfect for me.

on 7/21/2018 9:57:00 AM

You know how you buy something sometimes but you don't actually expect to like it? Or not, maybe I'm just weird, but I kind of thought I would be returning this instead of loving it.

What I wanted: something I could literally slap on with my fingers before running out the door in the morning because I am Forever Late To Work.
What I got: exactly that. I did not see that coming.

Cushion foundations don't last the day for me & require some finesse on my part due to enlarged pores and dry patches. Tinted moisturizers either offer no coverage, or are foundations that are poorly named. When I said I needed fast, I meant it. No liquids, and even my favorite stick foundation requires some proper application, generally with a brush. This stuff I literally pump onto my fingertips, blend in and that is it. No setting with powder or spraying with setting spray, and I don't even use concealer. So weird. The first time I put it on I was like "well that did nothing". Literally a minute later it looked like I had concealed and set my face. "One and done" sounds like the gimmicky-est name ever, but they actually did it. I'm shocked/impressed/thrilled.

For reference I am dry/dehydrated (so, dry patches, oily patches, a general party up in here) w/rosacea, yay, and nose pores you can back a truck into.
I. Don't. Need. Pore filler. With this. *confetti emoji*

My best match is Vapour foundation stick 090, I wear Ivory in Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB cream, Fair in IT Cosmetics CC cream, and Laneige BB cushion in Porcelain is also a good match. In this I wear Light, of course, which I thought was going to be too dark and is not, possibly because it's somehow...sheer but with coverage and I....know how stupid that sounds. I hope this doesn't do me wrong in the winter, but I do use SPF like a boss so I don't think my skin-tone varies much if at all. (side note, I slapped SPF over this the other day & it looked great)

This product isn't getting any love on YouTube so it will probably get discontinued and I will cry. But if you're perpetually late/lazy you should try this before it's gone!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of the best BB creams that I have ever tried! It goes on evenly and smoothly, and does a great job of leveling out my flaws without masking everything. Coverage is light and not really buildable, but if I wanted more than light coverage, I wouldn't be turning to a BB cream. The finish is very natural: satiny, not greasy. It doesn't require any powder afterwards, and it last for a good 8 hours at least. It does tend to be a bit drying, so I have to make sure I'm well-moisturized before I apply it. The SPF is nice, but I never rely on any BB cream or foundation as my sole sun protection. Fortunately, this plays well with real sunscreens without pilling or patching. It's pricey but worth it...it's a repeat purchase for me, in fact.

As far as the shade range goes, I'm currently between UD Naked Skin 2.0 and 3.0, so Light is a great fit for me. The shade's undertone is little more neutral than my undertone actually is, but it blends out pretty well. Light is supposed to cover the shade range 0.5-3, but I think users of the foundation shades lower than 2.0 are going to find Light a little too dark for them.

on 11/7/2017 12:48:00 PM

Oh WOW!!! This is a wonderful foundation for someone who doesn't need a lot of coverage. Evens out skin tone, dries quickly to a soft, satin finish, and for me, no powder over it is necessary. I usually buy Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue TM, which I like, but the dewy finish means I have to use a finishing powder. Also, this product has better coverage than Complexion Rescue. A little goes a long way, though you can add more for extra coverage. It lasts all day, it doesn't settle into fine lines or look cakey. I bought the "light" shade, and it's perfect for my light to medium skin tone. I love that I can skin powder, especially as I am getting older and less is more. It might not be ideal for someone looking for a large range of colors, but for me, it is just PERFECT!! The only negative is that the SPF is only 20... but I can live with that.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looked ashy upon application (think Zombie Apocolypse) on my strong yellow toned NC42 skin...but within half an hour had melded beautifully with my skin to create a flawless, yet skin like finish which matched me perfectly.

I purchased this in medium dark...and relegated it to my Halloween makeup pile....only to pull it back out once I got a glimpse of how beautifully it had settled on my skin.

Pleasantly surprised by its silky texture and surprisingly superior coverage. Works well with my HG Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.

on 6/5/2017 11:19:00 AM

This stuff is really awesome for full coverage! I bought it on a whim at Sephora and will not use anything else!! Normally I'm afraid of creasing but this one is 'naked' enough. In all it's effective at removing my dark circles and providing enough of a smooth base for my next application.

on 5/20/2017 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am on my second tube of this product. It's a very lightweight almost runny fluid bb cream/foundation. I love that it doesn't feel mask like. The tube has a pump dispenser which keeps it sanitary. It blends easily and blurs pores without heavy coverage. I buy the light-medium for my fair, pink undertoned skin. I love this product. It's pricey but worth it.

Just tried this and absolutely Love it. It goes on like a moisturizer and smoothes out my complexion. I have tried many other bb and cc creams and tinted moisturizers. This is what I have been looking for. Just the right amount of coverage. Looks natural. Skin looks smooth and healthy. Will definitely buy again.

on 2/15/2017 11:38:00 AM

I have a lot of the same feelings on this product as previous reviewers do - it is great if you want a light, blurring tinted moisturizer but it is expensive. I have dry, aging skin and this is a lightweight product that does not settle into any of my lines or dry patches and it dries down to a not too matte finish. It really just kind of slightly perfects skin and any darker spots on my skin still show thought but they look a little less sharp. This did not break me out (IT Cosmetics CC cream did) and feels very light on my skin. I don't like heavy foundations and they usually just make my pores/lines looks worse no matter what but this is a great product that allows me to get some coverage and it still looks like my skin but just better. Others have stated there are drugstore products that work just as well as this so the cost is not justified and I would love to know what those products are as this does seem over priced at $34 a tube. Also, the shade range is too limited at six tints. I will keep buying until I can find something else cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like the packaging very much on this product. However I don't think it is worth the money. It gives the skin a nice, healty glow. I use this when I don't have time to put a full face of foundation. Don't get me wrong, I really like it but I don't think you need to spend that much on a product that has nothing new or unique comparing it to other BB Cream (even the cheaper ones)