Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/3/2016 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this foundation now for quite sometime, and even though I try out a lot of different foundations, I gravitate back to this one over and over. And over time, I have to admit somewhat reluctantly that this really is a very good foundation for my particular skin situation. I never thought this product would be the one for me, since marketiwise I supposed it is trying to target more of a younger audience. But if your skin type is somewhat like mine, chances are you would like it too...:)

My skin for reference is mature, approaching the fifty's and my skintype is dry, which means it is easily dehydrated and cannot keep the skins surface moisturised by itself. Pores are slightly enlarged due to age and genetics and my skin is also sensitive and prone to redness/mild rosacea.

Finding a good foundation for skin like mine is a bit tricky, Full coverage highly pigmented foundations tend to emphasise imperfections and pores, and too little coverage tinted moisturisers don't even out the skin tone enough.

This product is somewhat of a hybrid. It is not a full coverage or even buildable foundation. Rather it has a light to light medium coverage. It is not too sheer like most tinted moisturisers, but not comparable to regular foundations either. Instead this rather works by cleverly chosen pigments combined with blurring agents that manages to even out skin tone and diffuse imperfections without masking the skin. I have never come across a formulations like this before, so it is not easy to compare to other products. This is quite unique and I think therefore an unexpected target audience for this might just be ladies like myself with dry or dry/mature skin that needs a bit of evening out but not by covering/masking but through blurring making the result very skin like. It will not however be able to even out very uneven skin tone or completely mask out heavy pigmentation discolouration. But it will even out rosieness and mild uneven pigmentation by blurring and diffusing. It smooths over pores and does not settle into them and does not despite its shorter texture emphasise texture on me, which I find to be a small miracle...:)
Due to this a wide shade range is not needed since this morphes with your skin tone rather than covering it. Undertones don't matter as much then either. Most of the colours in the range pull towards the warm spectrum, but still works well with my skin tone that pulls more towards the cool/neutral side. Some reviewers have felt this oxidises. I have not experienced oxidisation on me and tested it also while writing this review on my hand with no noticeable change in colour. Oxidisation can occur in combo with skincare products but some foundations oxidise always. I don't find this to do so.

The finish is not dewy, rather a matte slightely satiny finish that is very flattering on my skin, and also helps with longevity and lessens the need for powder. I have loved it during the summer months and have ordered a lighter colour now for winter. That hardly happens for me. It allows well for mixing with other products too. I sometimes mix it with a luminous product when my skin feels particularly dull. And it works great too. It wears really well throughout the day and does not break up in areas rather melts slowly away leaving the skin looking more like my skin but better throughout the day. The result is natural or naturally perfected but not flawless.

Application is a breeze it is not too slippy in texture, rather a "shorter consistency" and personally I apply this with my fingers that helps the product melt into place with ease. With surface dry mature skin that is my preferred method of application, since brushes tend to exaggerate my redness and dry patches/texture and damp beautyblenders tend to draw moisture off my skin since water can be quite drying on my skintype and with this particular product it also sheeres out the coverage and lessens the blurring/diffusing effect imo.

The package is great, the tube keeps the product sanitary and prolongs the antioxidants. You have to squeeze it a bit in the beginning to help the pump to work by getting any air out that might block the pump action. But once that is done the pump works very well and you can adjust the amount that comes out quite well for a pump product.

It comes with an SPF of 20 that is a mixture of mineral and chemical sunscreen. Personally I could do without SPF in this product. (I don't believe much in layering SPF and I think those compounds usually make foundations less perfectly working). I am not however bothered by this particular SPF content. But those of you who dislike chemical sunscreens or those of you who find mineral sunscreens irritating should be aware that there is quite a bit of sunscreen in this product.

Who do I think will not like this product?
-Those of you who have very fair skin. The lightest shade is not porcelain enough, I assume.
-Those of you who have quite a bit of uneven skin tone and/or major texture issues.
-Unsure, but very oily skintypes may find this more sheer than I do with my dry and dehydrated skin.
-Those of you who really dislike applying foundation with your fingers
-Those of you who want full coverage and feel more comfortable with covering imperfections rather than evening them out and want a completely flawless finish.

Who might like this product:
-Those of you who have a similar skin type like me. Mature, dry, dehydrated with some unevenness, some sensitivity/redness, some textural issues and pores that blurs more effectively by plumping them out rather than masking them or covering them with silicone primers and heavier pigmented products.
- Those who look for a light to light medium coverage, one step up from tinted moisturiser but not full on foundation or bb cream and want a more natural skin like result where some imperfections may show through.
-Those who spend most of their time in daylight outdoor li

on 6/15/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: I originally said that the coverage was too light for me to use as a foundation alone. Being summertime, I now have a little bit of a tan and this product works really nicely for a quick, light look. I can put it on along with just mascara and it's enough for something quick like a trip to the supermarket.

I should start by saying that I did not like this as a foundation alone - the coverage wasn't enough for me - but please please read on if you've got large pores or wrinkles. I promise it's worth it.

I had watched a YouTube video where the lady used it essentially as a primer. Just one pump and concentrated on the areas with large pores and wrinkles - MAGIC - and I have tried countless pore minimizing products, tricks, spells, rain dances ....

I got a sample at Sephora and gave it a try.

I put it on the areas with large pores, wrinkles, and any acne scars or little indentations; wait a couple of minutes and follow up with my Estee Lauder Double Wear light, applying that with more of a dabbing motion like with a beauty blender or nice brush and voila! Even topped over that with concealer on the undereye area and that sort of V below the eye alongside the nose, again working it in with a sort of dabbing/stippling motion - still no pores. Very light dusting of translucent powder to set before moving on to contouring, blush, etc. and it still looks amazing.

Absolutely amazing. Even hours later, even when you look at it in the car mirror (which can be downright terrifying - who hasn't done that and bolted back inside to start from scratch?), under different lighting, you name it. And it is not so heavy that you look like some caked-on, over-made, speckled Barbie wannabes. I find I'm ending up with a medium, flawless, smooth, and actually effortless look.

I'm just going to get a trial or travel size because you really don't use much and I don't want a big tube starting to dry or spoil, but I am seriously talking Holy Grail Pore Management here. I don't really care what it costs.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. However, I don't see this as anything beyond a tinted moisturizer. The claim One and Done? I don't agree with that claim. Here is why. First of all, it does have SPF20 which is a good thing. But, most base products now on the market already have an SPF in it. This is not a brand new concept. Secondly, if you are someone with very oily skin like me, you will still need to apply a primer before this product as well as setting this with powder. Lastly, if you are someone with moderate to severe dark circles, active acne and/or acne scars like me, you will also need a to still apply your corrector and concealer. At this point, this isn't a "one and done" look. If you are someone with normal to dry skin and pretty much already have nice skin, this will be a great product and the claim of this being "one and done" will be accurate.
The coverage is sheer. It will even out the skin and it will slightly cover red areas but I had to layer three times to completely cover the red in my cheeks. Even with three layers, I still needed concealer on top of it to cover my imperfections. To give an idea of the coverage if this, it is less coverage than the following tinted moisturizers: Dior, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Nars, Buxom and Stila.
As for the shades, they all seem to run warm. Six shades are offered in this product. Light, Medium-Light, Medium, Medium-Dark, Dark and Deep. If you already use Naked Skin, you will be able to easily find your shade. On the display, each shade has the complimentary Naked Skin shade numbers listed under the shade name. I swatched both Medium and Medium-Dark and Medium was a much better match. Medium's Naked Skin color range is 4.5-6.0. I'm 6.0 in Naked Skin. Medium-Dark was too orange and dark and the Naked skin range is 6.5-8.0.
I typically stay away from tinted moisturizers because they tend to be too hydrating for my skin type. What I love about One and Done is that it will stay a satin/matte finish. It does have the exact finish as their Naked Skin foundation which I love. This is ideal for anyone that wants a light and fresh summer base product. Once my skin clears up, I will look forward in using this more often.

Ingredients:
Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 3.4%.

Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aspergillus Ferment, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Isoceteth-10, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Carbonate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, BHT, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 9/14/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I don't understand people's confusion about this product. Urban Decay, to my knowledge, has never said that this is a *foundation*, yet many people claim that it doesn't cover enough, etc. If you have generally good skin that maybe needs a little evening out or has very slight imperfections, and you like a natural makeup look, this product is perfect. It makes the skin look like your skin but better. I am NW35 in the summer and NC44 in cooler months and the Dark color in this product is perfect for me. The only thing I'm not digging about this is the price. Other than that, I think it's wonderful.

on 4/19/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have clear skin with uneven skin tone, with dry cheeks and under eye but oily forehead. This product works well for me, it evens out my skin tone and gives me a glowing complexion. However it doesn't cover much, it's very sheer, so I still use concealer under my eyes. It sets demi mat and I don't need to use powder. It was sold to me to use as a primer. I think it's good if you're not a foundation fan, like sheer coverage or for an everyday natural look.

on 7/23/2016 8:54:00 AM

I adore this product. I have oily skin and I work long hours, so I need something that lasts, but I like a sheer base. Most tinted moisturizers and BBs have too much moisture to last on me. This has more pigment and something in it really adheres to my skin; I can go a full 12-16 hour day with my makeup still looking good, if not perfectly fresh, and with minimal touchups. The light color has been a great match for me, even as I got a little color going into summer. If I want more coverage, I top with powder - but as I said, I really like very sheer coverage and I think this makes my skin look more even without looking covered up. I don't have much that requires additional concealer. I haven't broken out using this; if anything, my skin looks better, although I'm going to credit better skincare to that vs. this product. But it hasn't hurt any.

This has a light, silicone-y texture. It goes on very smoothly, blends out well with a Beauty Blender and then goes demi-matte once it sets. No obvious smell. I don't find that it builds up particularly well, but that's what concealer is for.

I'll buy this as long as they make it. A truly excellent product for anyone who wants the feel of a tinted moisturizer or BB but that has better pigmentation and staying power.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is ideal if you're looking for something very sheer and to even out skintone only - it looks very natural. This is definitely "no-makeup" makeup. This doesn't provide enough coverage for blemishes or undereye circles. I have combination skin that is easily dehydrated, and on me it has a satin/almost matte finish. However, I have only worn this so far in warmer months - I suspect in the winter it may be too drying. It hasn't clung to dry patches and I haven't noticed much separation in my oily areas. I've also found that with my skin at least, it cooperates better with a creamier primer vs a drier, silicone primer. It wears on me for about 8 hours.

UD makes many extravagant claims about this product that of course are hard to swallow - first and foremost, this is makeup, not skincare.

I'm NC25-NC30; Punjab in NARS Sheer Glow; 4.0 in UD Naked Skin; 21 in Diorskin Star; Light-Medium in Tarte Amazonian Clay TM. I bought this in Light-Medium as well, and it's a hair too light, but definitely workable.

on 6/20/2016 1:40:00 PM

This was a good buy for me. I decided to get it after reading the below review about its pore-minimizing properties, so thank you! First of all, the packaging is brilliant. It's a tube with a pump and attractive to boot. This is basically a tinted primer, but I find the light tint combined with the blurring and whatnot is amazing - it reminds me of my Paula's Choice sunscreen but available in a store. So yeah, it's extremely sheer but with the extra stuff in it I can get away with wearing just this for a suuuuuper natural look, but under heavier makeup it provides an extra boost for a flawless base. It does a good job smoothing out pores and provides light oil control and SPF 20. Plus it has 6 shades and you can fudge it a little since it's so sheer. They were OOS of Medium so I got Light Medium and it still looks great.

If you're wondering why get this instead of a tinted moisturizer, for me the reason is that this actually stays on my face and it blurs.

It hasn't broken me out, hasn't oxidized on me, it's $34, and I love it.

on 4/12/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only worn this for about a week, so I'm still formulating my thoughts on this. Here's what I think so far:

- packaging is attractive and the pump is nice. It did take awhile to get the pump working (I kept pressing and pressing) but it's working fine now!

- formula is between creamy and liquidy. It applies nicely with fingers or a dense synthetic brush. Application can seem kind of patchy at first, but that goes away pretty quickly.

- coverage is light and somewhat buildable. If you're looking for coverage you should look elsewhere (or perhaps just treat this as a tinted primer), but if you're good with a light coverage that may still require a concealer, you might like this.

- finish is matte. On my combo skin this stays matte all day. I think if you're at either extreme for skin type (very dry or very oily) you may not care for this. It can feel a little bit tight on my dry areas, but it only clings to dry spots minimally. The best part of this is how well it reduces the appearance of pores--this gives me baby skin! Even though I said the finish is matte, it's almost luminous in that it gives that "soft focus" effect.

- longevity is good. I haven't had issues with this breaking up after a long day (8-10 hrs). I appreciate that this stuff lasts well!

- the shade range is kind of terrible. I got the lightest shade, but it's not a great match. Even though it is sheer coverage, it would be nice to be able to chose between different undertones..

- misc.: it's kind of challenging to remove completely. I haven't noticed that it's reduced the appearance of my pores in general. I like that it has spf but I will still wear sunscreen underneath when I'm outside.

on 2/15/2017 11:38:00 AM

I have a lot of the same feelings on this product as previous reviewers do - it is great if you want a light, blurring tinted moisturizer but it is expensive. I have dry, aging skin and this is a lightweight product that does not settle into any of my lines or dry patches and it dries down to a not too matte finish. It really just kind of slightly perfects skin and any darker spots on my skin still show thought but they look a little less sharp. This did not break me out (IT Cosmetics CC cream did) and feels very light on my skin. I don't like heavy foundations and they usually just make my pores/lines looks worse no matter what but this is a great product that allows me to get some coverage and it still looks like my skin but just better. Others have stated there are drugstore products that work just as well as this so the cost is not justified and I would love to know what those products are as this does seem over priced at $34 a tube. Also, the shade range is too limited at six tints. I will keep buying until I can find something else cheaper.