Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by age: 36-43
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/6/2017 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went into Ulta with the intention of buying Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I needed a TM for the cooler months with sunscreen and like that formula. Urban Decay was having a sale event at the front of the store and one of their reps offered to color match me for this instead. The gel like formula is similar in that it gives a radiant finish and light coverage. This dries down a bit more satin than the dewy CR and is less emollient so it's easier to build up and set for medium coverage. I have some melasma from a recent pregnancy and some redness and it evened things out pretty well and feels great on the skin. It's not gonna cover completely but I'm not trying to look like a mannequin just polished and evened out. So far this doesn't cake, settle or move around. I did set with powder in my oily t-zone and its lasted 10 hours until I washed it off. The Spf is a 20 with both a physical and chemical sunscreen for broad spectrum protection. I react pretty quickly to some chemical sunscreens like avobenzene usually within 20 minutes my face starts to burn and itch but so far so good with this one.

The con for me is the extremely limited color range with no neutrals. I was matched to light-medium and if the coverage was any heavier I wouldn't be able to wear this when I havent had any sun. I'm usually a medium neutral in other brands but this shade has a lot of yellow. It works but a more neutral shade would have been better. Because it's not an opaque formula it's pretty forgiving but there is nothing here for those with very fair, olive or neutral skin tones. I was surprised by that since UD has a decent range of colors in their foundation. A few more would be great here. Great finish and formula but crappy color selection.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looked ashy upon application (think Zombie Apocolypse) on my strong yellow toned NC42 skin...but within half an hour had melded beautifully with my skin to create a flawless, yet skin like finish which matched me perfectly.

I purchased this in medium dark...and relegated it to my Halloween makeup pile....only to pull it back out once I got a glimpse of how beautifully it had settled on my skin.

Pleasantly surprised by its silky texture and surprisingly superior coverage. Works well with my HG Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.

on 6/5/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm the kind of person who loves sheer/light coverage because its humid where I live and because I don't need to much coverage to being with. So this baby fits the bill perfectly. It's lightweight and does a great job to even out my complexion and blurring minor imperfections. I think it works best if you're going for an every day all natural look. I love that it comes with SPF because it means I can skip a step, I just wish it was higher (it's only SPF 20). I mostly apply using a Beauty Blender but using your fingers works well too (great when you're in a hurry or packing light like for beach holiday). Just remember to blend in fast because it sets rather quickly . The shade Medium is a good match (for ref, I'm UD Naked 5.0/Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli/St Moritz TM). I have dry skin and I find that this is not moisturizing enough to use on its own. However, it lasts throughout the day and I get minimal or hardly any shine (though I do top up with a dusting of loose powder around the T-zone).

It's loaded with peptides and vitamins which is a bonus but can't say I've noticed significant radiance or firmer feeling skin (as it claims on the box). That aside it's still a great product and one I'd definitely revisit.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you are someone who likes tinted moisturizers and that airy, breathable type foundation, then this is for you. Do not expect much coverage as this is quite sheer. Many people claim it's "your skin but better" and I agree. It is lovely on the skin and there is a subtle glow. I tried the Medium shade and for reference I am typically a NC35. The shade was a good match albeit a tad on the orange side but nothing too noticeable. Texture-wise, it's very fluid but it glides on the skin beautifully. I would recommend some type of moisturizer underneath though. I do not find the One and Done moisturizing on its own. OK, seriously, the person who came up with this packaging needs to be replaced. Here's a tip, upon opening item at home for the first time, shake and squeeze the bottom as you dispense the pump. And hold the product downwards. It works better than just pumping it like 30 times before anything comes out. Ok, so moving on, I find that after a few hours, my skin does look a bit shiny on t-zone and cheeks. It's not a pretty look. I also feel that some of the makeup has come off. This is definitely not non-transfer. It comes off very easily, which would be a PRO when it comes to washing it off at nights. But I really did not enjoy overly sheen look. Also, after a few uses, I did find some minor breakouts. All in all, not a bad product. It's nice for those seeking something light and already have good skin. This did not help with hiding my acne scars. It is good for evening out skin tone and giving it a nice glow.

on 12/30/2016 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is nice for light, natural looking coverage (like your skin but better). Holds up well even with my oily skin. EDIT: While I still like this, it breaks me out.

on 10/5/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This review is for a sample I received with my UD order. I got the shade medium light which is supposed to be good for those with UD shades from 3.5-4.0. I usually wear 4.0 in the Naked Skin foundation. I found the One and Done to be a little too light for me but nothing a little bronzer couldn't fix.

Coverage was pretty good considering this is considered a CC cream with sheer coverage. I did have to follow up with concealer on some dark sunspots. I do wish it had more coverage like the IT Cosmetics CC cream. However UD is cheaper at $34 for 1.3 oz.

Performance of this foundation was top notch. I used the UD Optical Blurring Brush to blend it in and it did so effortlessly. Makes me look like I'm not wearing foundation and I love that it already ahs SPF 20 built in. I applied this foundation at 5:30 am and took it off at about 6 pm after I spent an hour at the gym. My skin still looked flawless without touch ups. I would definitely purchase the full size!

I'm a fan of UD naked line so i wanted to give this a try since I don't like heavy foundations. I really like it, I love the fact that they offer a wider range of shades then most bb creams. I'm a medium but find most companies are either too light or too dark, i like that they offer medium light, medium and medium dark. Medium is perfect on my skin, it blend right in and it has a luminous finish which makes your skin glows. It lasts all day on my skin. i have a somewhat of a combo skin type. I just put a some powder on my oily spots and I'm good all day. The coverage is good, it's light to medium and if you have good skin I think it will be adequate. It's pricey but it was worth it.

on 7/23/2016 8:54:00 AM

I adore this product. I have oily skin and I work long hours, so I need something that lasts, but I like a sheer base. Most tinted moisturizers and BBs have too much moisture to last on me. This has more pigment and something in it really adheres to my skin; I can go a full 12-16 hour day with my makeup still looking good, if not perfectly fresh, and with minimal touchups. The light color has been a great match for me, even as I got a little color going into summer. If I want more coverage, I top with powder - but as I said, I really like very sheer coverage and I think this makes my skin look more even without looking covered up. I don't have much that requires additional concealer. I haven't broken out using this; if anything, my skin looks better, although I'm going to credit better skincare to that vs. this product. But it hasn't hurt any.

This has a light, silicone-y texture. It goes on very smoothly, blends out well with a Beauty Blender and then goes demi-matte once it sets. No obvious smell. I don't find that it builds up particularly well, but that's what concealer is for.

I'll buy this as long as they make it. A truly excellent product for anyone who wants the feel of a tinted moisturizer or BB but that has better pigmentation and staying power.

on 5/14/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is perfection! I have warm-toned fair skin with freckles and some minor redness around the nose and chin. Last winter EL's EE cream was my go-to tinted moisturiser, but for spring/summer I wanted something warmer and less shiny. This is it. I have it in medium-light and it is perfect. Glides on, makes my skin look like my skin but better and has a nice matte glow to it. Coverage is light but sufficient when you have minor redness. The packaging is great, very hygienic and easy to take with you everywhere.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has an extremely light coverage. It does even things out a bit, but not enough to be called light-moderate coverage. Packaging is amazing, will keep the product sanitary. But this is going to be relegated to gym use because the coverage is close to non existent. In terms of coverage, let me create a continuum: one & done > too faced beauty balm > Missha perfect cover = MUFE F&B > Teint idole 24 = Nars Sheer Glow (I'm sure there are a thousand between MUFE FB and TI 24, these are just the products I use).