Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.4

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Background Story: I was avoiding this palette for a long time especially since I bought naked heat palette not that long ago and I still love it so much. Even with that being the case I still couldn't shake this sweet peach out of my mind. I went to Sephora telling the sales assistant how I keep considering this palette but keep hearing bad reviews on youtube.. she then steered me to the new ABH Soft Glam. I ended up getting the soft glam but then returned it a couple of weeks later because I wasn't falling in love with the looks that I was getting, and I found myself wanting to use my Naked Heat more. So I did an exchange and finally just gave in and bought the Sweet Peach Palette.

Review: Boy am I happy I bought it. Honestly as a WOC, right now this is my new fave palette next to the Naked Heat. The quality of the shadows is not that great in terms of pigmentation on a single swipe and texture, but there is just something about the colours and how they look sooo good together. The combos that I have come up with were all super super pretty on the eyes and very flattering overall!! The shimmers are so gorgeous!!! The matte crease colours take effort but they look so amazing after you work them with the blending brush and top the lid with a shimmer shade. That candied peach colour is the perfect colour that looks somewhat natural on my skin tone, like a flushed eye look. I like to blend it in with Summer Yum for some depth. I also was surprised that the light colour, Georgia was really nice all over the lid as a base and didn't look ashy... the look in the pan was deceiving to me at first because it looked so light and cool toned but I use it a lot. I also find because the colours aren't super pigmented on the first swipe, you can really build them up to the intensity that you like.... soft and subtle to dramatic. I have to mention that my favourite shimmer shade is Luscious, It's RIDICULOUSly striking and beautiful. Oh, and I have to mention that swiping candied peach and Just peachy at the same time with a blush brush gives you a really nice cheek colour that compliments the eye look. So that's another bonus. Overall I felt that I was more excited to use this palette each day for the variety of looks that I could get compared to the ABH soft glam so I'm happy with my decision. I can see myself buying the palette again if I ever run out. I'm also taking this with me for travel as well over all my other palettes. Anyways I hope this review helps someone if they are on the fence about buying it.

The good
The smell of the box and product in the tin...nice! as the name suggest peaches and all
I love the trending peachy smokey eye look now
lovely packaging, nice summer colors, pleasant to look at and nice for travels
This is great for fiery -orangey smouldering eyes

The bad
A bit pricey
Not as pigmented like tarte pro amazonian pallette
The tiny mirror isnt helpful
Wait out for the peachy mattes newly launched... its got better pigmentation/color payoffs based on reviews and MUA/ gurus. Feels like the Too faced knew the backlash on Sweet peach and came up with Peach mattes! Too Faced Sweet Peach seemed like a rush attempt against Kylie`s peach pallettee.

The ugly
now i understand why the reviewers complain that upon blending all the colors look muddy. Blend and then they all turn out similar! The trick is to go easy on blending or very lightly but even then ... hmmm
The shimmer on shade Candied Peach hardly shows up, Puree and Summer Yum look so similar. Just Peachy is just like Candied Peach even without the shimmer!

Recommend
Well, there are other better pallettes like UD Naked Heat, Zoeva Opulence cos of better pigmentation. Or get Too Faced Peachy matte instead

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Too Faced has been knocked down for being gimmicky, with this palette being no exception (peach-scented, hello). But, if you can stop listening to beauty gurus constantly bitching about Too Faced's marketing and aesthetic, you'll find that they do have good quality makeup. This palette's colour payoff is great (brown girl friendly, surprisingly!) and both buildable and blendable. This palette has a lot of depth for a deceptively simple colour wheel. After using it for a while, I find that it's more than just a neutral palette with a few pops of colours. Don't sleep on it.

I love how this palette smells like peaches! Typically not a big fan of the pink shades, the pink shades in this palette are very nice and simple. Don't see myself using the pops of colors too much just because I'm a warm shade gal. Nice palette in general and able to create different looks with it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The colors are really pretty, smells great, and Ilooked forward a lot to getting this palette when they permantly released it. I just feel like the colors could be a lot more pigmented. Even with a white base the colors don’t show up on my lids as much as I’d like them to.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I wasn't planning on buying this when I went into Ulta but a different palette that I wanted to try was out of stock. I figured this would be a good choice because the Chocolate Bar was my first high end purchase ever and I’ve had that for a couple years now so I had the expectation for the quality of the Peach to be great too.

I don’t find the scent to be too strong, it just smells like those gummy peach ring candies lol. Basically if you know that meme/video where the little girl is doing a makeup tutorial and she stops completely just to smell the lipgloss really hard, thats how I am with this palette.

I always use primer on my lids because I have oily skin and even when I swatched this in the store it was very pigmented. Bless Her Heart and Nectar were two shades in this palette that stood out to me when it first came out and I really wanted it. Peach Pit and Delectable were the actual first two colors I used along with Nectar for an inner corner and they all went on smoothly and blended well.

Even when using a fluffy brush for the crease I did not get much kick-up from the shadow. The shimmers are very smooth in application. For the lighter matte colors I do find myself needing to dip back into the pan maybe twice to build them up so they are more vibrant on my skin tone. For better payoff I can use the NYX Milk pencil and then use a flat small brush to pack the color on, with the shade Georgia (shows up as a pastel pink on me) that method works well.

In reviews that I’ve watched on YT people were not too thrilled with Talk Derby To Me but to me it is like a blackened smoky version of Black Forest Truffle from the Chocolate bar. There can be fallout with the glitter getting underneath my eyes but I do my eyes before my face so it can be swept away.

I am very happy with this palette! I love the gradient on the packaging and the raised peach detail.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The pigmentation on these shadows are crazy amazing, literally just a couple dips into any color will give you SUCH good color payoff. At this rate these shadows should last a really long time before having to repurchase. The scent is amazing, I've had it for maybe 6 months and it still smells great whenever I open it. I would say this is definitely a palette that's worth getting as it's so versatile.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was a bit late to the party with purchasing this pallette. I held off initially due to the fact it was limited edition and extremely hard/near on impossible to purchase in the U.K. YouTube reviews at that time were very mixed. I'd also got a little tired of the novelty aspect of Too faced palettes and items and I like grown up makeup. Then an on line Department store in the Uk started selling this pallette when it was no longer 'limited'. I gave in. I don't know if it's just the pallette I have but the smell of peaches is very chemical. I have the chocolate bar and chocolate Bon bons from last year (yes, gave in to those) and the smell is just sweet and of vanilla/cocoa, but not this and I don't find it very nice. I do like the colours though and find them all consistent regarding pigmentation and blendability. There was talk on YouTube of there not being enough peach shades. I have to disagree because they have at least 4 and all varying tones and brightness. In fact, it can look a little too peachy on the eye if you use too many and depending on your skin tone and eye colour ( mine are brown) can look a bit odd. I use the palest peach as a transition colour mainly and use the green, purples and other browns mainly. It's not a pallette I go to every day. I imagine if you have green or blue eyes, this would be fab pallette for you.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Smells amazing. That's why I bought it. I'm not impressed with the formula. It creased for me even though I had a primer on and set it with powder. Cute colors. Appear a lot darker on the skin than expected

I absolutely love this palette. I find myself reaching for this everyday even though I love other palettes and reluctantly bring those out when I know I've used this one a bit too much.

When I was first introduced to eye-shadow I wanted something that would compliment my brown eyes and olive tan skin. Alot of the eye-shadows out there lean too cool and alot of the shadows are too pale for my skin tone. When this came out it was a no brainer. There are deep tones for transitions and the peachy/pinks give my complexion life.

I love the satin shades in this especially the dark ones and always love the looks I come up with.

The only things that I don't really like in this palette are the scent and the fact that it doesn't have a larger pan for the light matte shade I use for my brow bone. I've already hit pan and find I need this shade for blending and clean up. Other than that I love this palette and would recommend this to everyone.