Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection Palette

4.4

I have so much love for this palette, it's unreal. Sweet Peach has been a cult favourite for a few years now but I only got my hands on it a couple of months ago - and find myself reaching for it constantly. This palette is great for everday natural looks, everyday smokey looks, more dramatic smokey looks and of course peachy looks. Some of the standout shades include Summer Yum, Bellini, Just Peachy, Caramalized, Cobbler, Georgia and Luscious. I love how this palette smells. It has a very strong peach scent, and is noticeable when first applied to the lid. It does fade over time on the lid however. If you have sensitivity to fragrance then this palette is not the one for you. Otherwise, I believe this palette's shades can cater to a lot of different skin tones and create quite a few different looks. I would highly recommend this palette!

Let me start by saying that I was so excited for this palette to release.

The Pros:

The color scheme is fresh and there is a lot of depth here. They managed to pull off a peach vibe without going to orange or too brown. Hands down, Summer Yum and Puree are my favorites in this palette. The consistency, pigment, and ease of use are on par with what I expect from Too Faced matte shadows. I also love the smell of the palette. I didn't personally find it overwhelming but then again, I appreciate when a shadow or product has a light and pleasant scent to it.

The Cons:

The pigmentation for many of the peach shades left much to be desired. I had to dip into the pans of the lighter shades multiple times to get a good color payoff. Additionally, for the lighter shades and the shimmer shades - I found the wear time to be much less than that of the mattes. So, by the end of the day, the perfect peach look I started with was perfectly imbalanced. The green shade looks lovely in the pan but goes on muddy. It is also not a great shadow to blend as it blends out into a gray shade. The purples are okay but they are muddy and look like a dark gray color when applied to the eyes. The beauty in the pan does not transfer to the eyes for the green olive color and the purples, unfortunately.

The Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes are so much better in quality than this palette.

Gorgeous, highly pigmented warm colors. Beautiful on my NC35 complexion with brown eyes. Much warmer, with creamier texture than UD Naked, which has been my go-to until now. One lippie off for price and also lack of brush or carrying place for my own brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful colors, smells amazing and my first eyeshadow palette I have bought that was over $50. My favorite colors are luscious, bellini, peaches n cream and candied peach. Those are my everyday colors i use but for special occasion, i use the darker colours and i am in love. Definitely worth the money!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This a very unique palette as far as color selection goes, but in my opinion the formula of these shadows are just okay. This palette did not wow me like the chocolate bar palette did, but it is not horrible. I find that I have to wet my eye shadow brush when applying the shimmers to my lid or they are not very pigmented. Some colors look odd together, so you really have to think looks through when playing with this palette.Also I found it interesting that the way the color looks in the pan often does not show up the same color on the eyes. Overall I do enjoy this palette and I can make it work and create some beautiful looks but I would not purchase this item again, especially for $49.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am enamored by this palette. I have wanted it for the longest time, and I finally got it. I'm in LOVE. I could play with this palette everyday - leaving in the dust my extensive eyeshadow collection.

Hi, my name is Gina -- and I have an eyeshadow addiction. LOL. I live, eat, sleep, breathe, dream, and salivate over eyeshadows. I can buy one, but I promise you, there's another one in my head that's ripe and ready in line for the next available opportunity I have to buy it, and make it mine. My friends think I am nuts, but I keep telling them that I am quite subdued compared to those who have entire rooms full of make-up. Now, that is not to say if I were to become someone of those kind of means, I wouldn't hesitate to follow suit, I adore all things beauty. I am a self-confessed obsessed junkie. However, I have slowed down quite a bit. I curtail myself to only those things I need (most of the time) with an occasional treat now and then. I mean, life is short right? LOL.

This palette is one of those that is actually more beautiful in person than online. Seriously. I have had it in my hands with the intent to purchase on three seperate occasions - but for monitary reasons, put it back on the shelf. But this time, I made it home with this beautiful creation. I adore everything about it from the coordination of colors, the smathering of shimmers to mattes, the quality of the shadows themselves, blendability, all of it. It just ROCKS!!! I just keep opening it up to admire it. I'm that silly crazy about it. I haven't been this wacked out over a pallete since actually being one of the first ones to snatch (in the first release) of the Jacklyn Hill palette!!! I stayed up and waited for that release...as soon as that baby went live I hit "BUY". That seems like forever ago...

If you somehow have not seen the Sweet Peach Palette, man are you missing out. I would really encourage anyone to go to Ulta or Sephora and look at it verses online. Many times what we see online is not the best representation of the product. This is especially the case with this product. But if this be the only way one has access - please know the images do not do it justice. It's that beautiful. The rest of my collection is going to be sad and lonely for quite some time!!

Don't walk, run to get this one!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love love LOVE the colour selection, the pigmentation was decent but I had a bad allergic reaction to this and can't use mine anymore. So if you have sensitive eyes, you might wanna approach this palette carefully. It's such a pity, since the colours are so beautiful and work for day and night looks.

such an amazing eyeshadow palette! I genuinely love each and every one of the colors! When I'm in a hurry I just use luscious all over my lid which looks great aswell 🍑

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The Sweet Peach palette contains 18 powder eyeshadows; White Peach (matte vanilla cream), Luscious (pearl peach champagne), Just Peachy (shimmering peachy pink), Bless Her Heart (golden moss), Tempting (bronzed black), Charmed, I'm Sure (matte medium cool brown), Nectar (pearly peachy cream), Cobbler (peachy pinked bronze), Candied Peach (matte coral with violet shimmer), Bellini (gilded peach), Peach Pit (satin perfect raisin), Delectable (matte smoky amethyst), Peaches 'n Cream (matte milky peach), Georgia (matte peachy pink), Carmelized (dark gilded bronze), Puree (metallic dark bronze), Summer Yum (matte gingerbread), Talk Derby To Me (shimmering black violet) .

This is tricky to review as it's not bad, just something I think is unnecessary. On one hand the shadow quality is excellent on all but one of the shades (Delectable is a bit patchy & needs building up), the shades are very wearable and the packaging is awesome. But on the other hand, there isn't anything here that hasn't been done before many other times, so if you have a few palettes already then you already have very similar shades to what's on offer here. If you are looking for a attractive gift for someone who like more neutral tones then I think that Sweet Peach is worth the splurge as the formula quality is great and the palette itself is cute, but I don't think this is a must-own palette for those of us who already own, ahem, a 'few' eyeshadow palettes, as there is nothing unique on offer.

So yeah; all in all this palette falls onto the ho-hum side for me, especially as the shades look different in real life compared to how they appeared on screen = it turns out that there are only two straight forward peach toned shades in the peach themed palette [Candied Peach & Bellini], as the pink or cream undertones on the other 'peach' shades dilutes them too much for the peach tones to show up on my skintone. I've gone to four lippies as I'll continue to use the palette, as it's easy to apply the shadows and they wear well, but next time I purge my eyeshadow collection this palette will be going as I think that the colour picks are pretty "blah" as they're all overdone. Too Faced's site/sephora exclusive peach themed palettes are awesome quality and uniqueness-wise, so I'd recommend trying them and leaving this one.

I love this thing. Simple, easy shadows and colours and I have to say it’s a win. I love the smell, and it’s something you can easily wear everyday! Purples are its only downfall (not as blendable or pigmented as I expect from a $60 shadow palette)!