Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection Palette

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love love LOVE the colour selection, the pigmentation was decent but I had a bad allergic reaction to this and can't use mine anymore. So if you have sensitive eyes, you might wanna approach this palette carefully. It's such a pity, since the colours are so beautiful and work for day and night looks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think that I am now having some kind of issue with most of Too Faced products, especially their overhyped eyeshadow palettes. I got this Sweet Peach palette as a gift, but honestly I would never buy it with my own money and here is why.

Eyeshadow quality here is rather pants. If you compare Too Faced shadows to KVD, Tarte or even MUG - these do feel like coloured chalk. They even stain my eyelids, which never happens with any other popular brands. I find that the prettiest shades here have a very bad pigmentation. You can always check out all of the swatches on my blog ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/03/31/Is-It-Worth-The-Hype-Sweet-Peach-Palette-Review ).

The scent of this palette is so overpowering, it gives me proper headaches. Funnily, it doesn't go away and sticks to my eyelids (chemical peach) for hours. I honestly don't get why this palette is so hyped up, but in my book - pass!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I spent $50 AUD on this palette, and I wish that I hadn't.
Aside from Bellini (which I absolutely love), the colours were quite chalky, and very lacking in pigment.
I would say that this might be okay for a beginner or somebody who prefers a light wash of colour, if it weren't for the fact that it's totally overpriced for the quality that you receive.
The packaging is absolutely adorable, but I can't in good conscience recommend this, and I definitely wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For the price I'm Disappointed in the pigmentation! The colors are very pretty but it's lacking in the pigmentation department. Not good enough for me.

I love the colors in this palette, am neutral on the scent, hate the quality. There is no rhyme or reason as to which shadows are pigmented, smooth, have no fallout, are long-lasting, etc etc etc. In my experience the majority fail on most fronts. I will say that the colors (or at least the IDEA of the colors) are beautiful and well curated. But when they're on the eye that beauty is mostly lost.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Let me start off by saying, I DESPERATELY wanted this palette. Even though I'm very broke this month, I decided to treat myself and purchase this as a holiday present to myself. My hopes were high, but I don't believe unreasonably so. The Chocolate Bon Bons palette is one of my favorite (if not my #1 favorite) palettes in my collection and I've heard great things about the chocolate bar palettes, so I thought this palette would be amazing quality as well. I was wrong.

My first impressions were that MANY of these colors appeared lackluster in pigment even when swatched, and that they aren't as smooth and buttery as other TF shadows. When I attempted to use them, I saw that despite how hard these shadows are, there is a LOT of kickup when you use your brushes on them and plenty of fallout as well. They also crease and become muddied after only a couple of hours of wear. I don't expect, when buying an 18 pan eyeshadow palette, to be a fan of absolutely every shade. However, it's not just a couple of duds. The overwhelming majority of these shades are major disappointments.

The main appeal of this palette is obviously the peach shades, of which there are four. Candied Peach is a bit chalky and its pigment blends away pretty easily, but overall it applies smoothly and looks BEAUTIFUL without extreme effort so I don't really mind. Georgia is okay, not something I see myself reaching for often, due to my skin tone. The shade I was most excited for though, Just Peachy, is quite sheer and takes a looong time to build up on the eyes to achieve an opaque, vibrant look. It also fades quite quickly throughout the day, much faster than I would expect a high end eyeshadow to fade. The last peachy type shade, Bellini, is a similar story, although it's somewhat more pigmented than Just Peachy. Also, Bellini and Just Peachy look very different in the pan but look VERY similar when swatched (Bellini is a bit more orange and Just Peachy has a slightly stronger gold reflect) and are virtually indistinguishable when applied to the eye. I applied them next to each other on my lid and the effect was as if I only had one lid color. I don't see the point in putting two peach shades in this palette that are almost duplicates of each other, when so many people will purchase this palette specifically for the peach shades.

Which brings me to the next highly disappointing shade, Talk Derby to Me. In the pan, Talk Derby to Me comes off as a gorgeous black, chock full of multidimensional violet glitter. When swatched or applied to the eye, it is in fact a chalky charcoal-y color, with no visible glitter whatsoever. I don't mind that the black needs to be built up (I actually prefer a soft black), my issue is how deceiving this shade is. There is a major discrepancy between the way this eyeshadow appears in the pan and the way it looks when applied. It appears to be a unique and daring shadow, when in fact it's just a standard black of non impressive quality. Even worse, there is already another black eyeshadow in the palette, Tempting. Tempting has more prominent black pigment in it and has a small amount of silver glitter when viewed in the pan. However, when applied, Talk Derby to Me and Tempting look EXACTLY the same. The only difference is that Talk Derby to Me takes longer to build up.

A lot of the browns are also quite similar, which I don't mind in itself, but when taken into account with the other shades that are (basically) duplicates of each other, it's a little irritating. There definitely could have been more shade variety, or at least more true to pan application with this formula.

In addition to that, the olive toned shade (Bless Her Heart) is dull and needs to be built up a lot, as well. The color kind of blends away once you try to work with it. The highlighting shade, White Peach is in the same vein. It's a bit more pigmented, though. I can live with it. Just takes a little more work than I'm used to. Other than that, the transition shade I was most excited about (Summer Yum), although highly pigmented, applies quite patchy to the eye and is difficult to blend. The two matte browns in the palette (Charmed I'm Sure and Puree), although nowhere near as bad as Summer Yum, are also a bit difficult. You can still achieve a nice look with these three shadows but you have to work with them much more than with, say, my Lorac, UD, or other TF eyeshadows. For the price of these eyeshadows, this isn't acceptable to me. I don't understand what went wrong with these shades.

Except for a few shades, there is simply not great pigment in this palette, nor ease of use. It takes a lot of time, patience, and building to work with them. The peach shades are unique but the quality is lacking. Even though some of the more standard toned shades aren't bad at all, I already own replicas for most of them that are of equal or higher quality (and from far more inexpensive brands!). I don't know if with this rerelease, Too Faced changed the formula. If they haven't, I have NOOO clue why this palette has as much hype as it does. I regret spending my money on this! It was expensive and I feel ripped off. Unfortunately, due to TF's return policy, I am unable to get my money back. So upsetting.

EDIT: I've also realized that something is wrong with my magnetic clasp, it won't close all the way no matter how hard I try to make it.

Let me start by saying that I was so excited for this palette to release.

The Pros:

The color scheme is fresh and there is a lot of depth here. They managed to pull off a peach vibe without going to orange or too brown. Hands down, Summer Yum and Puree are my favorites in this palette. The consistency, pigment, and ease of use are on par with what I expect from Too Faced matte shadows. I also love the smell of the palette. I didn't personally find it overwhelming but then again, I appreciate when a shadow or product has a light and pleasant scent to it.

The Cons:

The pigmentation for many of the peach shades left much to be desired. I had to dip into the pans of the lighter shades multiple times to get a good color payoff. Additionally, for the lighter shades and the shimmer shades - I found the wear time to be much less than that of the mattes. So, by the end of the day, the perfect peach look I started with was perfectly imbalanced. The green shade looks lovely in the pan but goes on muddy. It is also not a great shadow to blend as it blends out into a gray shade. The purples are okay but they are muddy and look like a dark gray color when applied to the eyes. The beauty in the pan does not transfer to the eyes for the green olive color and the purples, unfortunately.

The Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes are so much better in quality than this palette.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have returned this product since purchasing as I was not capable of making this work. It's a beautiful palette, the colors are exactly what I want, and the pigment is a dream. They are soft and buttery for a powder. My quarrel is with blending. No matter how little I blend, it just turns to mud. Perhaps it's not compatible with my primers, but it just always ends up looking dirty and unkept, no matter how much or little product I use. I hope the formula improves in the future because I would absolutely repurchase this if it does.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The colors are really pretty, smells great, and Ilooked forward a lot to getting this palette when they permantly released it. I just feel like the colors could be a lot more pigmented. Even with a white base the colors don’t show up on my lids as much as I’d like them to.

Nice colors and pigmention, cute packaging, I just couldn't get this to work. Every look I put together didn't look right. It always ended up muddy and dirty looking, even when I used a gentle hand. I tried multiple times to try getting this to work, different primers, techniques, brushes, but every time it just looked like a mess. I wanted to like this, but ended up returning it in frustration.