Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection Palette

4.4

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Let me start off by saying, I DESPERATELY wanted this palette. Even though I'm very broke this month, I decided to treat myself and purchase this as a holiday present to myself. My hopes were high, but I don't believe unreasonably so. The Chocolate Bon Bons palette is one of my favorite (if not my #1 favorite) palettes in my collection and I've heard great things about the chocolate bar palettes, so I thought this palette would be amazing quality as well. I was wrong.

My first impressions were that MANY of these colors appeared lackluster in pigment even when swatched, and that they aren't as smooth and buttery as other TF shadows. When I attempted to use them, I saw that despite how hard these shadows are, there is a LOT of kickup when you use your brushes on them and plenty of fallout as well. They also crease and become muddied after only a couple of hours of wear. I don't expect, when buying an 18 pan eyeshadow palette, to be a fan of absolutely every shade. However, it's not just a couple of duds. The overwhelming majority of these shades are major disappointments.

The main appeal of this palette is obviously the peach shades, of which there are four. Candied Peach is a bit chalky and its pigment blends away pretty easily, but overall it applies smoothly and looks BEAUTIFUL without extreme effort so I don't really mind. Georgia is okay, not something I see myself reaching for often, due to my skin tone. The shade I was most excited for though, Just Peachy, is quite sheer and takes a looong time to build up on the eyes to achieve an opaque, vibrant look. It also fades quite quickly throughout the day, much faster than I would expect a high end eyeshadow to fade. The last peachy type shade, Bellini, is a similar story, although it's somewhat more pigmented than Just Peachy. Also, Bellini and Just Peachy look very different in the pan but look VERY similar when swatched (Bellini is a bit more orange and Just Peachy has a slightly stronger gold reflect) and are virtually indistinguishable when applied to the eye. I applied them next to each other on my lid and the effect was as if I only had one lid color. I don't see the point in putting two peach shades in this palette that are almost duplicates of each other, when so many people will purchase this palette specifically for the peach shades.

Which brings me to the next highly disappointing shade, Talk Derby to Me. In the pan, Talk Derby to Me comes off as a gorgeous black, chock full of multidimensional violet glitter. When swatched or applied to the eye, it is in fact a chalky charcoal-y color, with no visible glitter whatsoever. I don't mind that the black needs to be built up (I actually prefer a soft black), my issue is how deceiving this shade is. There is a major discrepancy between the way this eyeshadow appears in the pan and the way it looks when applied. It appears to be a unique and daring shadow, when in fact it's just a standard black of non impressive quality. Even worse, there is already another black eyeshadow in the palette, Tempting. Tempting has more prominent black pigment in it and has a small amount of silver glitter when viewed in the pan. However, when applied, Talk Derby to Me and Tempting look EXACTLY the same. The only difference is that Talk Derby to Me takes longer to build up.

A lot of the browns are also quite similar, which I don't mind in itself, but when taken into account with the other shades that are (basically) duplicates of each other, it's a little irritating. There definitely could have been more shade variety, or at least more true to pan application with this formula.

In addition to that, the olive toned shade (Bless Her Heart) is dull and needs to be built up a lot, as well. The color kind of blends away once you try to work with it. The highlighting shade, White Peach is in the same vein. It's a bit more pigmented, though. I can live with it. Just takes a little more work than I'm used to. Other than that, the transition shade I was most excited about (Summer Yum), although highly pigmented, applies quite patchy to the eye and is difficult to blend. The two matte browns in the palette (Charmed I'm Sure and Puree), although nowhere near as bad as Summer Yum, are also a bit difficult. You can still achieve a nice look with these three shadows but you have to work with them much more than with, say, my Lorac, UD, or other TF eyeshadows. For the price of these eyeshadows, this isn't acceptable to me. I don't understand what went wrong with these shades.

Except for a few shades, there is simply not great pigment in this palette, nor ease of use. It takes a lot of time, patience, and building to work with them. The peach shades are unique but the quality is lacking. Even though some of the more standard toned shades aren't bad at all, I already own replicas for most of them that are of equal or higher quality (and from far more inexpensive brands!). I don't know if with this rerelease, Too Faced changed the formula. If they haven't, I have NOOO clue why this palette has as much hype as it does. I regret spending my money on this! It was expensive and I feel ripped off. Unfortunately, due to TF's return policy, I am unable to get my money back. So upsetting.

EDIT: I've also realized that something is wrong with my magnetic clasp, it won't close all the way no matter how hard I try to make it.

I gave this 4 stars because of the shade collection. Let's be honest this is really just another neutral palette. For a "Peach" palette I wish they would have added more peach shades with more light pinks, apricots, oranges, etc. The fact that there's only 3 "peach" shades is very disappointing. It's very brown toned with pops of purple and a random green shade which I don't really understand. If you have a quite a few neutral palettes I can guarantee you already have dupes for 98% of these shades. So that's really something to consider before buying into the hype. I will say though that the packaging is tops it's extremely cute and colorful but I wish that colorfulness would have been reflected in the shades. As for the quality it is the same great too faced quality. Excellent pigmentation, blend ability, and long wearing. The smell of peaches is also heavenly. I've got to say though, if you want a true peach palette you would be much better off picking up single shades from Anastasia or Makeup Geek and creating your own. Makeup Geek is a great option for peach colors if you get shades like "Poppy", "Mango Tango", and "Chickadee". This is a good quality palette but not true to its "Peach" theme

I don't know how I feel about this palette. On one hand, I've actually hit pan on three shadows (and I mean, one is completely GONE), but there are so many things about this palette that make me unsure about whether or not it enhances my overall collection.
Let's start with the positive: there are great, standout neutral shades. I've hit pan completely on Peaches and Cream (my absolute favorite everyday eyeshadow), and Nectar and White Peach are trailing close behind. Summer Yum, Charmed I'm Sure, and Purée are outstanding crease or deepening shades. But, unfortunately, the neutrals are the shining stars in this palette, as most of the pops of color are weak, in my opinion. The three peachy shades (you know, the namesake of the palette) aren't the greatest. Georgia really disappoints -- it's such a chalky and unpigmented color, and the other two peaches are just okay. I wish they didn't lean so pink. As far as the other colors: Bless Her Heart, the silvery olive green, becomes a muddy mess once applied to the eye; Talk Derby to Me, the blurple shade, does the same. Peach Pit, Delectable, Luscious and Bellini are nice shades, but I hardly gravitate toward them, and Cobbler and Carmelized are boring, lookalike shades that I hardly use. And one shade I haven't even touched is Tempting. It's a sparkly black shade that I just don't see myself using. I wish they'd taken out Tempting and Talk Derby to Me and replaced them with maybe a really pastel peach (like a really iridescent true peach), or maybe a cool-toned light brown for a transition. I'm not sad about the lack of peach choices -- I think a palette of 10+ peach shades would've been repetitive and hard to use. But, when it comes down to it, the colored, smoky side of the palette is very weak, leaving me with nothing but neutrals to play with. And, don't get me wrong -- those neutrals are great. What I don't like about the TF eyeshadow formula is that color really needs to be built up, and that can get annoying on a day you're crunched for time. But those who enjoy softer looks will love that. So, when it comes down to it, this palette is just okay. I like the overall theme, and the packaging and scent is absolutely divine. I guess it just falls short in a lot of ways. It's definitely not the best palette out there, but I will use mine as long as I have it.

I love the colors in this palette, am neutral on the scent, hate the quality. There is no rhyme or reason as to which shadows are pigmented, smooth, have no fallout, are long-lasting, etc etc etc. In my experience the majority fail on most fronts. I will say that the colors (or at least the IDEA of the colors) are beautiful and well curated. But when they're on the eye that beauty is mostly lost.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a collector of these Too Faced palettes in metal boxes--and several of them are my go-to shadows. One of the cardboard palettes, Vegas Nay's Stardust is so useful, I use it as my travel palette and bring nothing else. So when the Peach Palette was re-issued, I decided to spend the nearly fifty bucks.

It's a mixed bag (box.) The peach colors are lovely and a nice riff from the browns in the chocolate palettes. How many of us have too many neutral nude palettes? I get tired of brown, so the pinks, peaches and related violet and green look good. There are frosts and shimmers and mattes. It comes with a folder of three eye looks, none of which blew me away. I miss the cards that Vegas Nay did. Those were spectacular. I can't believe the eye looks I get that make my (over sixty) eyes look dramatic and lifted. There are three looks--a plain day look, and two smoky looks. However, through the miracle of Youtube tutorial divas, you can find better ones. Dulce Candy has one I like with violets, very beautiful for you brown-eyed lassies. (I have dark green eyes.) Purples are made for brown eyes, so go view it if you have brown or cinnamon eyes. The other vids I found are annoying in various ways so I won't recommend, but they do show enough looks that work for blue eyes (Caramelized gives that goldish look) and green eyes (the "Charmed, I'm sure" and violets also work well, as does the sienna "Puree.")

I've gotten several really great eye looks from this palette that last all day if you use Shadow Insurance and/or Ochre Paint Pot from Mac. I did a base of Peaches & Cream (champagne peach shimmer), Summer Yum in the crease (sienna mid brown) transitioning to Candied Peach (bubble gum peach pink) and Bellini (pink champagne) packed on the lid. Lined with black liquid liner and black pencil on the water line. Really great look for day.

Most of the colors, especially the light matte, have great coverage. As USUAL, Too Faced seems to have issues with color payoff of the dark shades. I have never found a dark Too Faced glittery color that goes on without being blotchy. "Talk Derby" is such a color--a sparkly blackberry that doesn't go on dark and deep unless you use your finger or wet it for a liner. Tempting (black) peach pit (violet) and Delectable (violet) similarly are not deeply pigmented.

My three favorite colors are Nectar (frosty cream), Puree (sun tan) and Summer Yum (a medium sienna brown.) You can get a good day eye with these and line with any of the dark colors. Peaches and Cream, bisque color and White Peach matte off white are both great base colors.

I still like this palette (the smell is DIVINE and I don't like smells in makeup, so go figure.) The peaches are nice for green eyes and there are some warm browns that are very good colors. I think they could have included a more yellowed color rather than three different violets --I find golds and pale yellows useful, but in all, it's pretty good.

Of the Too Faced big palettes, I'd say Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar (with the blueberry and peanut butter colors) don't overlap, or the Bon Bon palette (bright, blued pinks and violets.) Of all the palettes, perhaps if you had to pick one, it would be Chocolate Bar (neutrals.) But if you don't do browns, and you like peachy tones, this could be the go-to, one palette does it all.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I wasn't planning on buying this when I went into Ulta but a different palette that I wanted to try was out of stock. I figured this would be a good choice because the Chocolate Bar was my first high end purchase ever and I’ve had that for a couple years now so I had the expectation for the quality of the Peach to be great too.

I don’t find the scent to be too strong, it just smells like those gummy peach ring candies lol. Basically if you know that meme/video where the little girl is doing a makeup tutorial and she stops completely just to smell the lipgloss really hard, thats how I am with this palette.

I always use primer on my lids because I have oily skin and even when I swatched this in the store it was very pigmented. Bless Her Heart and Nectar were two shades in this palette that stood out to me when it first came out and I really wanted it. Peach Pit and Delectable were the actual first two colors I used along with Nectar for an inner corner and they all went on smoothly and blended well.

Even when using a fluffy brush for the crease I did not get much kick-up from the shadow. The shimmers are very smooth in application. For the lighter matte colors I do find myself needing to dip back into the pan maybe twice to build them up so they are more vibrant on my skin tone. For better payoff I can use the NYX Milk pencil and then use a flat small brush to pack the color on, with the shade Georgia (shows up as a pastel pink on me) that method works well.

In reviews that I’ve watched on YT people were not too thrilled with Talk Derby To Me but to me it is like a blackened smoky version of Black Forest Truffle from the Chocolate bar. There can be fallout with the glitter getting underneath my eyes but I do my eyes before my face so it can be swept away.

I am very happy with this palette! I love the gradient on the packaging and the raised peach detail.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The pigmentation on these shadows are crazy amazing, literally just a couple dips into any color will give you SUCH good color payoff. At this rate these shadows should last a really long time before having to repurchase. The scent is amazing, I've had it for maybe 6 months and it still smells great whenever I open it. I would say this is definitely a palette that's worth getting as it's so versatile.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have never been a big wearer of eyeshadow, so a whole palette of colors like this never made sense for me. Until this one. I just couldn't resist the colors, the packaging, the scent, and the pure fun of it! When I was a little girl, I recall looking through popular magazine of the time, left on tables in Drs or dentist offices with my mother. We would look at photos of impossibly beautiful women, and I remember her pointing out a picture of Natalie Wood. My mother said, "See, those are the makeup colors you'll need to wear...peach rouges and lipstick." When I became old enough to actually wear makeup, I remembered the "peach" advice, and, luckily, I was always drawn to peachy colors. In the 1980s the whole Color Me Beautiful "revolution" began, and, of course, everyone learned their color "seasons". I was Autumn then, and I believe I'm called a "dark" or "deep" Autumn now. A staple color for Autumn: Peach! There are so many colors in the palette, and they definitely all work with peach blush/lipstick, etc. The palette comes with a little instruction booklet with step-by-steps for 3 different looks: Peaches & Cream, Smoldering Peach, and Southern Belle. All three looks are perfectly wearable and flattering. I LOVE when palettes include instructions for application and effects, because I'm sure I'd never come up with the clever use of colors myself. I wore the "Peaches & Cream" shadow look, with Papa Don't Peach blush, and Sweet Peach Creamy Lip Oil Gloss in Pure Peach. Friends noticed me in eyeshadow and said why don't I always wear it when I can do makeup so well? One friend asked if I had my makeup done before I came, haha. They made me happy with the compliments, so I feel this was a good buy for me. Personally I am thrilled that these shades are light and "natural" looking. They blend easily and they don't look overdone or obnoxious. These shades are especially good for "warm" coloring, olive/tan skin, and deep skin. They seem to bring out an inner glow.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know for some reason it's cool to hate on this palette, but I'll come right out and say it - I love this palette. One of the problems for some people might lie in the name - this is not actually a true peach palette, like the Venus palette or Kylie's Royal Peach but rather a neutral rose-gold themed palette, closer to Naked 3. Despite the peach-themed names there is no true warm toned peach shade to be found here (even Candied Peach leans quite pink), but I think it's a great palette nonetheless. I'm not sure why this palette has been described as 'generic' - it's not, it's actually rather quirky and offbeat in it's colour selection.

I can't get enough of Luscious, Cobbler and Bellini which are some of the most beautiful champagne shades I have ever seen. Georgia is a perfect transition shade for me and is probably the shade I'll hit pan on first. As a deep set eyed girl most transition shades do nothing but make me look like death warmed over. But Georgia looks beautiful - just slightly pinker than my natural skintone. Talk Derby To Me was initially a huge disappointment. As others have pointed out when swatched it looks like glittery charcoal, not purple. However strangely enough, it actually DOES look purple on my lids (yeah, I can't explain it either). The colour is like nothing I have seen before, a dark purple grey, kind of like a deep lilac, if that makes sense, which goes perfectly with the pink shades in the palette. It's actually become somewhat of a favourite. Bless Her Heart is another winner - it's a green grey/khaki/silver and a very unique shade, I can't think of any dupe off the top my head.

The biggest con for me with this palette is the highlight shade 'White Peach'. I don't know if it's just my palette or what, but for me this shade is clearly sub-par in quality, very powdery with a ton of fallout. By comparison the highlight in the two other Too Faced palettes I own (Bon Bons and Semi Sweet) is fine. I think I'm starting to get what people mean about Too Faced's quality being randomly awful for no rhyme or reason. And then there is the smell. This product has a very strong smell of cheap artificial peach (I'd liken it to peach car air freshener). I'm not particularly sensitive to smells, but if you are this could be and issue.

Wonderful palette!

It is something that I didn´t have in my collection yet.
I love neutrals so looking to the chocolate collection you have many neutral palettes with different themes (of colors) so I don´t feel that I have repets that way.

The Chocolate Bar is mostly warm and leans to golden and burgandy
The Chocolate Semi Sweet is darker, like a chocolate smoky and have both warm and cool color (and a black color too)
The Chocolate Bon Bons is a cool palette and leans to grey-ish pink and purple
The Sweet Peach is a warm palette with great peachy, pink and purple shades.

I feel the Sweet Peach palette is as pigmented and great as the chocolate collection. And that surprise me since there was so much mix reviews. If you want it than go for it.
This collection is perfect for me that I love neutrals and the brown skale is perfect! I Hope too face come out with another neutral palette for the collection soon!