Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection Palette

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a collector of these Too Faced palettes in metal boxes--and several of them are my go-to shadows. One of the cardboard palettes, Vegas Nay's Stardust is so useful, I use it as my travel palette and bring nothing else. So when the Peach Palette was re-issued, I decided to spend the nearly fifty bucks.

It's a mixed bag (box.) The peach colors are lovely and a nice riff from the browns in the chocolate palettes. How many of us have too many neutral nude palettes? I get tired of brown, so the pinks, peaches and related violet and green look good. There are frosts and shimmers and mattes. It comes with a folder of three eye looks, none of which blew me away. I miss the cards that Vegas Nay did. Those were spectacular. I can't believe the eye looks I get that make my (over sixty) eyes look dramatic and lifted. There are three looks--a plain day look, and two smoky looks. However, through the miracle of Youtube tutorial divas, you can find better ones. Dulce Candy has one I like with violets, very beautiful for you brown-eyed lassies. (I have dark green eyes.) Purples are made for brown eyes, so go view it if you have brown or cinnamon eyes. The other vids I found are annoying in various ways so I won't recommend, but they do show enough looks that work for blue eyes (Caramelized gives that goldish look) and green eyes (the "Charmed, I'm sure" and violets also work well, as does the sienna "Puree.")

I've gotten several really great eye looks from this palette that last all day if you use Shadow Insurance and/or Ochre Paint Pot from Mac. I did a base of Peaches & Cream (champagne peach shimmer), Summer Yum in the crease (sienna mid brown) transitioning to Candied Peach (bubble gum peach pink) and Bellini (pink champagne) packed on the lid. Lined with black liquid liner and black pencil on the water line. Really great look for day.

Most of the colors, especially the light matte, have great coverage. As USUAL, Too Faced seems to have issues with color payoff of the dark shades. I have never found a dark Too Faced glittery color that goes on without being blotchy. "Talk Derby" is such a color--a sparkly blackberry that doesn't go on dark and deep unless you use your finger or wet it for a liner. Tempting (black) peach pit (violet) and Delectable (violet) similarly are not deeply pigmented.

My three favorite colors are Nectar (frosty cream), Puree (sun tan) and Summer Yum (a medium sienna brown.) You can get a good day eye with these and line with any of the dark colors. Peaches and Cream, bisque color and White Peach matte off white are both great base colors.

I still like this palette (the smell is DIVINE and I don't like smells in makeup, so go figure.) The peaches are nice for green eyes and there are some warm browns that are very good colors. I think they could have included a more yellowed color rather than three different violets --I find golds and pale yellows useful, but in all, it's pretty good.

Of the Too Faced big palettes, I'd say Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar (with the blueberry and peanut butter colors) don't overlap, or the Bon Bon palette (bright, blued pinks and violets.) Of all the palettes, perhaps if you had to pick one, it would be Chocolate Bar (neutrals.) But if you don't do browns, and you like peachy tones, this could be the go-to, one palette does it all.

Outstanding palette! Rarely do I find palettes with interesting & pigmented colors that works so well for lighter skin tones. The pink & orange shades make my blue eyes pop -- and there are so many unique combinations to try! Looks way better in person than online- LOVE IT!