Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection Palette

Filtered by age: 30-35

4.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The Sweet Peach palette contains 18 powder eyeshadows; White Peach (matte vanilla cream), Luscious (pearl peach champagne), Just Peachy (shimmering peachy pink), Bless Her Heart (golden moss), Tempting (bronzed black), Charmed, I'm Sure (matte medium cool brown), Nectar (pearly peachy cream), Cobbler (peachy pinked bronze), Candied Peach (matte coral with violet shimmer), Bellini (gilded peach), Peach Pit (satin perfect raisin), Delectable (matte smoky amethyst), Peaches 'n Cream (matte milky peach), Georgia (matte peachy pink), Carmelized (dark gilded bronze), Puree (metallic dark bronze), Summer Yum (matte gingerbread), Talk Derby To Me (shimmering black violet) .

This is tricky to review as it's not bad, just something I think is unnecessary. On one hand the shadow quality is excellent on all but one of the shades (Delectable is a bit patchy & needs building up), the shades are very wearable and the packaging is awesome. But on the other hand, there isn't anything here that hasn't been done before many other times, so if you have a few palettes already then you already have very similar shades to what's on offer here. If you are looking for a attractive gift for someone who like more neutral tones then I think that Sweet Peach is worth the splurge as the formula quality is great and the palette itself is cute, but I don't think this is a must-own palette for those of us who already own, ahem, a 'few' eyeshadow palettes, as there is nothing unique on offer.

So yeah; all in all this palette falls onto the ho-hum side for me, especially as the shades look different in real life compared to how they appeared on screen = it turns out that there are only two straight forward peach toned shades in the peach themed palette [Candied Peach & Bellini], as the pink or cream undertones on the other 'peach' shades dilutes them too much for the peach tones to show up on my skintone. I've gone to four lippies as I'll continue to use the palette, as it's easy to apply the shadows and they wear well, but next time I purge my eyeshadow collection this palette will be going as I think that the colour picks are pretty "blah" as they're all overdone. Too Faced's site/sephora exclusive peach themed palettes are awesome quality and uniqueness-wise, so I'd recommend trying them and leaving this one.

I’m quite happy with this palette. It works great on my super fair skin, the warmer colours make my blue eyes pop. The smell is lovely. The packaging is great! The colours are very pigmented. I read a lot of reviews claiming otherwise but I did not find that to be the case at all. I have only had this palette a week and every day I wear it I get a compliment on my makeup!

Candied peach works great on the lid, if you wet the brush you get a super bright version of the shade or use a dry brush to smoke it out in the crease. Don’t even need to pack it really. The mattes are also very buttery and pigmented and blend well. Peach pit is a great shade, they all work so well together. The only con is the darker shades - they definitely do muddy a little and I wish the purple translated better on the lid or pulls really muted and muddy for sure which is a shame. I haven’t tried the light mattes yet but they look like great transition colours for my cool toned fair skin.

Overall I would say this palette is a good buy. I bought Modern Renaissance and I wanted to love it so bad, but the colours were just too dark and muddy on my fair skin and way too bold for day time. This palette gives me the bold, pinky Smokey eyes I wanted from Modern Renaissance without washing me out. But don’t over blend or they will turn muddy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This palette is wonderful. The colors are beautiful, they apply smoothly, and it smells sooooooo good. I just wish it had a black shade, then it would be perfect. Makeup companies, all eyeshadow palettes should have black in the mix!

I absolutely love this palette. I find myself reaching for this everyday even though I love other palettes and reluctantly bring those out when I know I've used this one a bit too much.

When I was first introduced to eye-shadow I wanted something that would compliment my brown eyes and olive tan skin. Alot of the eye-shadows out there lean too cool and alot of the shadows are too pale for my skin tone. When this came out it was a no brainer. There are deep tones for transitions and the peachy/pinks give my complexion life.

I love the satin shades in this especially the dark ones and always love the looks I come up with.

The only things that I don't really like in this palette are the scent and the fact that it doesn't have a larger pan for the light matte shade I use for my brow bone. I've already hit pan and find I need this shade for blending and clean up. Other than that I love this palette and would recommend this to everyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know for some reason it's cool to hate on this palette, but I'll come right out and say it - I love this palette. One of the problems for some people might lie in the name - this is not actually a true peach palette, like the Venus palette or Kylie's Royal Peach but rather a neutral rose-gold themed palette, closer to Naked 3. Despite the peach-themed names there is no true warm toned peach shade to be found here (even Candied Peach leans quite pink), but I think it's a great palette nonetheless. I'm not sure why this palette has been described as 'generic' - it's not, it's actually rather quirky and offbeat in it's colour selection.

I can't get enough of Luscious, Cobbler and Bellini which are some of the most beautiful champagne shades I have ever seen. Georgia is a perfect transition shade for me and is probably the shade I'll hit pan on first. As a deep set eyed girl most transition shades do nothing but make me look like death warmed over. But Georgia looks beautiful - just slightly pinker than my natural skintone. Talk Derby To Me was initially a huge disappointment. As others have pointed out when swatched it looks like glittery charcoal, not purple. However strangely enough, it actually DOES look purple on my lids (yeah, I can't explain it either). The colour is like nothing I have seen before, a dark purple grey, kind of like a deep lilac, if that makes sense, which goes perfectly with the pink shades in the palette. It's actually become somewhat of a favourite. Bless Her Heart is another winner - it's a green grey/khaki/silver and a very unique shade, I can't think of any dupe off the top my head.

The biggest con for me with this palette is the highlight shade 'White Peach'. I don't know if it's just my palette or what, but for me this shade is clearly sub-par in quality, very powdery with a ton of fallout. By comparison the highlight in the two other Too Faced palettes I own (Bon Bons and Semi Sweet) is fine. I think I'm starting to get what people mean about Too Faced's quality being randomly awful for no rhyme or reason. And then there is the smell. This product has a very strong smell of cheap artificial peach (I'd liken it to peach car air freshener). I'm not particularly sensitive to smells, but if you are this could be and issue.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this palette! Nice quality, pigmentation, packaging.

I don't know how I feel about this palette. On one hand, I've actually hit pan on three shadows (and I mean, one is completely GONE), but there are so many things about this palette that make me unsure about whether or not it enhances my overall collection.
Let's start with the positive: there are great, standout neutral shades. I've hit pan completely on Peaches and Cream (my absolute favorite everyday eyeshadow), and Nectar and White Peach are trailing close behind. Summer Yum, Charmed I'm Sure, and Purée are outstanding crease or deepening shades. But, unfortunately, the neutrals are the shining stars in this palette, as most of the pops of color are weak, in my opinion. The three peachy shades (you know, the namesake of the palette) aren't the greatest. Georgia really disappoints -- it's such a chalky and unpigmented color, and the other two peaches are just okay. I wish they didn't lean so pink. As far as the other colors: Bless Her Heart, the silvery olive green, becomes a muddy mess once applied to the eye; Talk Derby to Me, the blurple shade, does the same. Peach Pit, Delectable, Luscious and Bellini are nice shades, but I hardly gravitate toward them, and Cobbler and Carmelized are boring, lookalike shades that I hardly use. And one shade I haven't even touched is Tempting. It's a sparkly black shade that I just don't see myself using. I wish they'd taken out Tempting and Talk Derby to Me and replaced them with maybe a really pastel peach (like a really iridescent true peach), or maybe a cool-toned light brown for a transition. I'm not sad about the lack of peach choices -- I think a palette of 10+ peach shades would've been repetitive and hard to use. But, when it comes down to it, the colored, smoky side of the palette is very weak, leaving me with nothing but neutrals to play with. And, don't get me wrong -- those neutrals are great. What I don't like about the TF eyeshadow formula is that color really needs to be built up, and that can get annoying on a day you're crunched for time. But those who enjoy softer looks will love that. So, when it comes down to it, this palette is just okay. I like the overall theme, and the packaging and scent is absolutely divine. I guess it just falls short in a lot of ways. It's definitely not the best palette out there, but I will use mine as long as I have it.

(Story Time - skip first paragraph to get to the point) I wanted this pallet the minute I saw the teaser pictures Too Faced released. I was really into peach, pink and red eye shadows at the time and was convinced this was going to be my everything. I think I was confused by the packaging because if I really looked I would see that only three of the colours fit the bill. I actually set an alarm and woke up and put the Peach pallet in a cart online at the Too Faced website. I himmed and hawwwed for an hour realizing the pallet didn't really fit my loves or needs, as my pallet drawer is over flowing. Needless to say I missed out on a phenomenon. Release day, I asked my mother to go by the old Sephora during her morning walk at the mall and see if she could get one. I couldn't go there because I lived up North where there are no stores nevermind Sephoras. My mom went and there was a line out the door. My town is not that makeup addicted. This was the first time people lined up for anything. It was crazy. Now I needed this more than ever. She was put on some kind of list where they would call people if one came in. I have been on this list for Chanel Ancient Jade and the Sephora Hakuhodo brushes and I knew it was a lie to get people out of the store because this VIB Rouge never got a call. My geriatric mother on the other hand got the call next ship in day. I had to wait until the work holidays to come home and get it.

THE GOOD: I feel like this is a great basic pallet for people who do not have a lot of eye shadows, maybe a younger crowd. The looks you can get from this pallet truly are sweet. I really like the packaging even if it juvenile. I find it to be so cute with the ombre pink, peach and orange.

THE BAD: The shadows are actually pretty mediocre in quality. They aren't bad but they aren't great either. The shade selection and range doesn't allow for really dynamic looks like other too faced pallets. I also feel the shadows that are those pop of colour shades aren't really opaque and go on a little sheer. Modern Renesance was everything I wanted this pallet to be (and of course bought that too release day... because why not).

THE UGLY: When I finally got my pallet I opened it up and was greeted by the most ghastly smell. The smell was like Fuzzy Peaches but so obnoxiously potent it gave me a migrane. I have had this pallet since it was first released and just now am I getting the smell only if I shove my nose into the eye shadows.

The BOTTOM LINE: This was my first and was suppose to be the only larger pallet I bought from Too Faced but this pallet made me want the Chocolate Bon Bons even more. I love that pallet and find I can get a great range of looks from it but I can't same the same for the Sweet Peach. I don't think you need all the large Too Faced pallets, as they all have a similar feel. I would only by the Chocolate Bon Bons in retro speak because I use the most shadows from that. The Sweet Peach just kind of is forgotten in my stash.

I just love this palette so much! I thought I would only use it in the summer. However, I bought it in December 2016 and I have used it every day! The palette is very versatile and the quality of the shadows is incredible.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolutely favourite pallet! It's a beautiful nude pallet for everyone, but especially green eyed people because of the purple / lilacs in there. You don't even have to be super good at makeup, because this product is so amazing that it does most of the blending work for you! I was beyond impressed with this product. I'm so super happy that I was able to snag this before Canada stopped receiving them!