John Frieda Visibly Brighter Lightening Shampoo

John Frieda Visibly Brighter Lightening Shampoo

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wish there was a button for 'maybe' instead of just yes or no as to whether I would repurchase. I'm actually still on the fence. I tried this out hoping it would help me extend my color over the summer, and it does help, though it's not a replacement for a good hair dye. It has a subtle lightening effect on the hair, adding a bit of neutral yellow. It disguised my roots well enough that I didn't have to recolor until I saw my greys start coming in noticeably. The shampoo does nothing to cover any greys that are not already covered by a permanent dye. Still, it bought me a little more time than I would have usually had, as the fading of the originally-applied color was not noticeable after using this shampoo. I switched off between the JF BB VB and a standard color-safe shampoo because the JB is, as other reviewers have pointed out, quite drying due to the alcohol. I'm pretty sure it also cleared up excess sebum on my scalp, though. For the summer I'm definitely going to keep using this, but I might switch to a different product in autumn. The summery yellow fits the season but it will not look so good when the weather turns nippy, I think.

on 5/18/2016 5:15:00 PM

Horrible shampoo! Dries out hair like crazy!!! Indeed it lightens the color but at the cost of making your hair completely lifeless. My ends look horrendous, as for the color it's very yellowish and not flattering at all.

Have used it for about a month.

on 4/7/2016 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I tried this after being highly recommended by Nicole Guerriero. I love how my hair came out. Its soft, super shiny and holds that sleek "salon" finish for a couple of days! It is very fragrant so if you can't stand strong scents, be warned this one lasts all through the day, I think it smells awesome. I used the Visibly Brighter Shampoo and the Visibly Brighter Conditioner and I still need to do the In Shower Treatment but will wait until my day off for that. The shampoo is a dark chocolate and the conditioner is a golden color. I found all three items at Bed Bath & Beyond for $7.99 each.