Paula's Choice Paula's Choice Calm Redness Relief SPF 30 Moisturizer Normal to Oily Skin

3.6

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 6; Titanium Dioxide 2.32 (sunscreens);Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (thickener),Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone (silicone slip agents and skin protectants), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (emollient thickeners), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Caprylyl Methicone (emollient), Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming agent), Isohexadecane (dry-finish solvent), Cetyl Alcohol (emollient), Propylene Glycol (moisture-binding agent), Polyglyceryl-6 Isostearate (emollient), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Alumina (suspending agent), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Glycerin, Panthenol (skin-repairing ingredients), Algae Extract (water-binding agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickeners), Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl, Dimethicone (skin-conditioning agent), Caprylyl Glycol (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Diethylhexyl Carbonate (emollient), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservatives).

on 9/5/2018 1:30:00 PM

This is my favorite winter sunscreen. It's not too greasy for my combo skin, yet has enough slip, feels nice going on, and has never broken me out (like her CALM Normal to Dry ss did.) Also has no white cast when blended. Can't believe the low score on this great item!

on 7/10/2018 3:29:00 PM

This is a good choice for a mineral sunscreen. It's unscented, very moisturising, slightly on the greasy/white side but much less than other mineral sunscreens I've tried. This would be good for dry skin too.

on 5/27/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Was really hopeful about this product. It's pricey compared to other SPF but was willing to pay for a good spf that didn't break me out.
Unfortunately this gave me the worst breakout I've ever had. Hundreds of small whitehead all around my mouth and jawline. Could be the Ethylhexyl Palmitate.

on 5/19/2018 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My skin; sensitive adult hormonal acne and melasma. Received this as a gift. This is supposed to suit also oily skin which usually can have some pimple or two maybe.... That's why I don't understand how they were thinking with the main ingredients; The second ingredient after water is Ethexyl Palmitate, rated to 4/5 in being comedogenic, according to Cosdna. I didn't dare to use up the product....

I guess acne prone persons should at least be careful...

on 5/11/2018 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is definitely moisturizing and better suited to normal dry skin. It does leave a white cast but it will go away after about 15 minutes. The tube is not the best because the sunscreen has a tendency to blob out onto your clothes or surfaces. A pump would be better and for these prices we deserve one. It is calming and all mineral. I like it because of that. When my skin is aggravated I reach for it.

Not shine free like they say would more recommend this for normal to dry. But its a good non-irritating daily sun protection.

on 4/13/2016 6:44:00 PM

Another of Paula's Choice products that does what it claims: a gentle sunscreen
that diminishes redness, soothes skin, protects skin, and has the effect of a matte finish that diminishes pores. A Winner!

As a devout beautypedia reader I was always a little put off by the PC line due to their reviews of their own products. I assumed their reviews were a bit biased and bordered on cocky however I recently ordered a few products, this sunscreen being one of them, and I have to say I've changed my opinion of the brand 100%.

Like most sunscreens when applied this makes you look a bit pale/greasy, I find it takes about 20-25 minutes to sink in but once it has it's almost indetectable. I wouldn't say the finish is dewy or matte however it does give me a beautiful, radiant boost (sans any shimmer or glitter). I've worn this daily for about two weeks now, layered on top of PCs 8% AHA efoliant and have had no breakouts or irritation, there have been a few rather hot/sunny days and I've managed not to get burnt which is impressive considering how fair I am. If you are someone who wears face makeup I'd suggest giving yourself enough time to let this soak in, I feel like if you rushed the process your makeup might end up sliding all over the place.

My only con with this is I wish it was available in a bigger size, like 4 oz or something so I wouldn't have to rebuy so often esp. for the summer months. Other than that I'd definitely recommend this!