e.l.f. Lock On Liner & Brow Cream

e.l.f. Lock On Liner & Brow Cream
Lock On Liner & Brow Cream

3.6

on 5/29/2018 6:40:00 PM

This product is really good for the price - it's creamy, pigmented, and affordable. I've only used it a few times, so I can't say much about whether it dries out fast but overall on application it's good and fairly long wearing. I am in the shade 'Medium Brown' and I have dark brown hair naturally (my roots are dark brown but the rest of my hair is dyed). Overall a great product, you can't complain for the price. Packaging isn't the most exquisite, but it's literally £5 so packaging isn't my main concern, but the actual product itself is. However, I would not repurchase this as I've got ABH Dipbrow and use that more often and just bought this as I'm going abroad and going to lose my dipbrow, so I just wanted to purchase a drugstore alternative which wouldn't really matter if I lost it, but if I were on a budget and couldn't buy dipbrow due to financial reasons, I would repurchase this and use it whenever I wear makeup.

on 4/4/2018 1:17:00 AM

I really like this product!!!! I believe I got this in medium brown? it's the middle shade. It does go on a lot darker than in the pot which I don't mind since you just need a little bit of product. Having said that though, I think i'll go back and purchase the lighter shade for days where I don't want such a bold look.

This brow cream lasts all day on me. I had it on for over 10hrs and at the end of the day it still looked as if i just applied it.

The medium brown is a nice cool toned brown. Very similar to the MAC concrete e/s i was using before this. I don't find this product too "crispy" since I always use a spoolie / brow brush to comb through once it's dry and that gives it a more natural looking finish.

I haven't tried this as an eyeliner yet but I'm super excited to try next time!

Cost is $6 CAD and I most definitely will be buying more! I

on 11/20/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has a learning curve. Although I purchased the Light Brown shade, it is actually more dark brown upon application. I found that dabbing a small amount on with a Q-tip and using the clean end to remove excess works best. Also, following this with some spoolie brushing helps. The product is bold and requires care not to look too artificial. The Pros: $1 and it stays on until you remove it. It works much better as a liner under the eye than it does on the brows.

on 11/12/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm not fully on board with crisp brows, and this is definitely what that's for. I much prefer and fluffy, kind of messy brow, and this isn't the product for that. It is very creamy and pigmented, easy to draw precise lines, but to drawers natural hairs with this isn't a possibility, it just smudges to easily. If you have the time to let it set down and like crisp and clean brows, it's a wonderful product. If not, then give it a pass

on 9/29/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I found this brow cream at TJ Maxx for two dollars and thought I'd try it out. I'm constantly on the quest to find a good product for my brows because I have yet to find one that works just right for me.
I was pleasantly surprised by this product. First, I am so glad I went with light brown. I have ashy-medium brown brows in color- no red tones. I was trying to decide between light and medium brown. Light brown was the perfect color and surprisingly dark! It was perfect.

I was able to fill in and shape my brows, and they looked the best they've looked in a while! I used a Sonia Kashuk angled brow brush and just a little bit of product. It lasted all day!
The color options aren't very diverse, but if you match the shades they have, it works great!

on 8/21/2017 4:32:00 AM

For the price of the product, you can't expect alot. This product is an easy product to use. This was the first time i had used the product and i have learnt that a little goes a long way.

on 5/1/2017 9:49:00 PM

This stuff is very decent for the price. It's very moussy which makes it hard to pick up on a brush. When I apply with a brush the product applies too harshly. So what I've been doing with all of my brow products is putting a bit of the cream into my spoolie and applying it that way. Using little product at first then slowly building up. This has helped to apply the product perfectly. You only need a tiny amount at a time, so this will last forever.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Not the holy grail I'm looking for :(
I found this strangely hard to apply. It was easy to accidentally make my brows look dirty or messy. For example when I used a spooly or eyebrow brush to blend out the front of my eyebrows, it wouldn't evenly blend and would wipe too much away or almost separate the product so it would look grainy.
Staying power is also a huge thing I'm looking for and this didn't stay any better than the other products like this I've used (nyx eyebrow gel, ardell brow pomade, etc.).

This is the first pomade for me I've ever used. I've always used eyebrow pencils, but I decided to give this pomade a try. Because pencils dont last as long.
I've been using ELF brow cream for almost a year now and I still have a quarter left. I use it everyday. At first it was very stiff, but the more I started to use it, it became more creamy, and easier to apply. I once put one drop of water in the product and it became very creamy. I use a angled brush (anastasia), which is great.
If you've never used this product and are looking for a decent brow pomade, you can use this one! Especially a cheap one.
I have one part on my brow that is spare and I need a softer brush to really get to fill it in. Or I just use a little bit of water on my brush.
I have ash blonde/honey blonde hair and the color light brown is perfect for me! Not too dark and not too light. Can also be used for light brown hair.

+ Cheap
+ Works great (also for people with less hair like me)
+ Creamy
+ Perfect colour
+ Longlasting
+ Takes a long while to finish the whole jar
+ Nice pigmentation for eyebrows

- Spare parts are a little bit harder to cover up
- Shipping rate to europe
- A bad brush will not work so well
- Not pigmented enough for an eyeliner (medium brown)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I am surprised not many people have tried this product! It's so good! It is a fairly new E.l.f. release, about $4. I have naturally black hair and have the shade espresso (darkest shade). I use this product daily on my brows. It is very creamy and is pigmented enough to where you don't have to keep dipping in the pot and not too pigmented where you find yourself having to clean up your mistakes and be really careful. I have fairly sparse brows and i find this product makes it easier to fill in large gaps as opposed to a pencil product. My brows always look naturally fuller with this product and i constantly get compliments on them. I use the real techniques metal angled liner brush to apply the product. This product also helps keep my brows in place, i don't feel the need to use a separate clear gel. It does fade a bit throughout the day since I am very oily, but i still find it great for everyday use. If i want something waterproof i will use the nyx eyebrow gel in the little squeezy tube. That stuff lasts all day but it is also more meticulous when applying. For everyday, this stuff is great. I highly recommend it and i hope it starts getting more love.

Popular Brows Products