Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter

Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/16/2018 9:12:00 AM

I also got this in Sin as my UD birthday present. It’s full size, which is an AWESOME UD rewards perk.

Sin is a champagne shade that looks neutral to my eye, i.e. it’s not noticeably gold or pink. I have medium olive skin and it works with my complexion, and I think it would also work with most paler skin tones, but I’m not sure about darker ones.

I’m not a huge highlighter person. I have oily skin, and I’m lazy, so I normally just let nature produce my glow. (This hasn’t stopped me from buying at least 10 though.) I do love this product. It’s not sparkly, and buffs into skin to create a perfect sheen. It looks natural yet also otherworldly, which in my opinion, is the perfect highlight. You can definitely build it up to a strong, wet looking highlight too. The texture is so nice, smooth and buttery and blends easily. If you have any of the UD blushes, it’s pretty much the same texture. Lasting power is not its strong suit. It’s not terrible, but I use a setting spray when I really need it to stick around. Honestly…same with the UD blushes haha. It’s basically one of their blushes in a different shade.

I don’t love the packaging—I like the look, but a) there’s no mirror and b) no way to differentiate between similar products (I have 2 UD blushes in the exact same packaging).

on 7/20/2018 1:03:00 PM

This review is for the color SIN- I was fortunate to recieve this as a UD birthday perks present.. I love it. If you're like me and aren't too big into the whole "highlight and contouring" fad then this highlighter is a good choice for a nice glow. A little goes a LONG way, and the staying power is decent.

on 5/22/2018 5:01:00 PM

Best powder highlighter i've tried. I bought this in the pinky shade Aura and applied with a light hand it looks like a natural "from the inside" glow on my fair skin, with a subtle hint of color that is pretty flattering. It is not chalky and well blended won't look cakey. Lasts 6-8 hours on my combination skin. Don't wear it every day but i haven't noticed breakouts on this (and i break out a lot on makeup).
Expensive but lasts forever.
Love the packaging but no mirror in it ;c

5/5 overall 3/5 price (but I got mine free bcoz it was an urban decay.com freebie bday gift if you bought something full priced so I got backtalk lipstick which I love so much I got backtalk hi-fi lipgloss, 1993 hi-fi & Rush lipliner to go w my Backtalk lippies!!) 4/5 packaging: eep no mirror & applicator!! I love sin. I love all of the UD products I’ve ever tried it’s 1 of my fave brands except that it’s pricy. But this was a super awesome bday gift ($26) I had to buy backtalk after reading it was their no. 1 seller!! Then I remembered how much I love UD. This month I bought 3 trouble maker mascara/zero 24-7 disliked pencil sets, petite heat eyeshadow, 2 hi-fi lipglosses, 1 lipliner, a Kristen Leanne bronzer-highlighter trio, 1 lipstick & got this sin as my freebie I <3 Urban Decay! This is a silky sateen finish finely milled champagne highlighter. The packaging is mod & fun but where is the mirror or brush??!! $26 is a generous amount you just has to buy something at retail price (not a sale item) so that’s cool I got free shipping & u get points. This is a lovely bday gift happy bday to me lol you can build this up into a blinding strobe or natural glow all the way love, Love, LOVE this product & not bcoz it was free I’d buy this again I want to get the pink 1 Maybe but this is 1 of my faves, along w Makeup Revolution triple baked Goddess of Faith the heart shaped 1 it’s half the money & pretty nice! It’s also white blinding lightning like UD Sin. :-) I’m obsessed w nice highlighters I have evthing from wetnwild on up to chanel & Charlotte tilbury I’m pleased w them all but UD Sin is my new fave. A highlight that doesn’t accentuate my oily skin crater pores is my new BFF lol I hate the name so much! Love the sin(ner), hate the sin LOL no just hate the name love the product. It’s incredible!!#winning

on 3/25/2018 11:03:00 AM

The colour I purchased was Sin. In palette, it looked quite yellow to me but i would describe it as champagne. Upon application, it is much more subtle and the colour was quite "natural" (considering I dont produce sparkles) for a highlighter. I wanted something more natural that I can wear daily.

My thoughts:
PROS
- subtle enough for daily wear
- champagne can be a natural colour consideration for a lighter Asian
- buildable - a night out, I could build for a higher effect (I personally apply with a brush)
- small compact but for 2 months of daily wear of one layer (forehead, nose bridge, brow, and cheekbones), I have hardly made a dent

CONS
- packaging - it cracked at the hinge after a trip out of my suitcase. It still sticks together but it's good plastic...its sharp! A bit disappointed.
- for the price, per use is probably a good price but I am starting to wonder with all companies - is this really worth it or should I have purchased at a drugstore and still be happy?

Happy Highlighting!

This review is for the shade Aura. I recently picked up Aura and I have been very impressed with it. Aura is a pale pink highlight. It's a bit of a duochrome/iridescent finish and can flash lilac it some lights. I'm not a big highlighter person and I'm definitely not a big fan of an intense glow. I'm also quite pale. I wear NC10 in MAC's Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I was afraid Aura might be too intense or too dark for me but I'm loving it on my pale skin! If applied with a light hand, Aura gives me a very soft, natural highlight that looks barely pink. If I use a heavier hand, the highlight becomes more shimmery and the pink and lilac tones become more apparent. It's a bolder look for me but it's still very pretty. I have layered this highlight on pretty heavy and I can honestly say that it doesn't seem to emphasize my texture, which is the main reason why I avoid intense highlights. The staying power is pretty good to. The texture is just right - firm enough that I don't get fallout all over my face but soft enough that I don't get the dreaded "strip" of highlight on top of my cheekbones when I apply (in other words, this blends and diffuses easily). These highlights cost $26 and the packaging is very nice and sturdy. Overall I'm really happy with my purchase. I'm considering picking up Sin as well!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the shade Sin. I don't really think I would have bought this highlighter on my own, but UD recently changed the birthday gift for their Makeup Junkies program from a single eyeshadow to this highlighter. (Honestly, it is a better deal to get a more expensive product for free, so I am not mad.) I have a lot of highlighters ranging from subtle to metallic, so I didn't really expect to love this particular version. However, as soon as I swatched it, I knew it was a winner. It is bold and very noticeable, but the formula is buttery and can be blended out to be a somewhat more natural highlight as well. I'd call the color itself a very pale gold, and I find it to be very pretty on my skin tone. I love the packaging, it is very unique and pretty, plus the magnetic closure is super cool. All in all, this product was a huge surprise for me since it is now an every day highlight for me.

on 2/9/2017 2:57:00 AM

This is my favourite highlighter ever! love the packaging, love the colours, love the formula! they are not glittery at all and provide a gorgeous strong sheen to the cheekbone. LOVE!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I purchased this in Sin, after reading all the 'glowing' - haaa, get it - reviews. Its pretty good, the price point is reasonable and the packaging is cool. A little product goes a long way without being too overpowering. The colour is nice. Only negative would be that even after priming, blending and setting (with their brand of setting spray) after a couple of hours, it goes the tiniest bit cakey and seeps into fine lines. It rises to the top so to speak. It would be good for going out and special events but would not recommend for daywear. Ironically, the more expensive Becca would be better for day/natural wear. I have only just started using highlighter, apply with a Real Techniques brush so if anyone has any advice, let me know.

on 11/14/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE : Sin

PROS

- finely milled
- not glittery
- smooth texture
- cute packaging

CONS

- amount of product
- not very intense

COMMENTS: This doesn't really pack a punch, unless you really pack it on or apply it wet. I like it, however there are other highlighters in my collection I love way more. I also find that J.Cat Beauty's "White Goddess" highlighter is very similar, but way more pigmented. I'll be sticking with that as it's cheaper and you get more product.

Will not repurchase.