Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter

Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

5/5 overall 3/5 price (but I got mine free bcoz it was an urban decay.com freebie bday gift if you bought something full priced so I got backtalk lipstick which I love so much I got backtalk hi-fi lipgloss, 1993 hi-fi & Rush lipliner to go w my Backtalk lippies!!) 4/5 packaging: eep no mirror & applicator!! I love sin. I love all of the UD products I’ve ever tried it’s 1 of my fave brands except that it’s pricy. But this was a super awesome bday gift ($26) I had to buy backtalk after reading it was their no. 1 seller!! Then I remembered how much I love UD. This month I bought 3 trouble maker mascara/zero 24-7 disliked pencil sets, petite heat eyeshadow, 2 hi-fi lipglosses, 1 lipliner, a Kristen Leanne bronzer-highlighter trio, 1 lipstick & got this sin as my freebie I <3 Urban Decay! This is a silky sateen finish finely milled champagne highlighter. The packaging is mod & fun but where is the mirror or brush??!! $26 is a generous amount you just has to buy something at retail price (not a sale item) so that’s cool I got free shipping & u get points. This is a lovely bday gift happy bday to me lol you can build this up into a blinding strobe or natural glow all the way love, Love, LOVE this product & not bcoz it was free I’d buy this again I want to get the pink 1 Maybe but this is 1 of my faves, along w Makeup Revolution triple baked Goddess of Faith the heart shaped 1 it’s half the money & pretty nice! It’s also white blinding lightning like UD Sin. :-) I’m obsessed w nice highlighters I have evthing from wetnwild on up to chanel & Charlotte tilbury I’m pleased w them all but UD Sin is my new fave. A highlight that doesn’t accentuate my oily skin crater pores is my new BFF lol I hate the name so much! Love the sin(ner), hate the sin LOL no just hate the name love the product. It’s incredible!!#winning

on 3/25/2018 11:03:00 AM

The colour I purchased was Sin. In palette, it looked quite yellow to me but i would describe it as champagne. Upon application, it is much more subtle and the colour was quite "natural" (considering I dont produce sparkles) for a highlighter. I wanted something more natural that I can wear daily.

My thoughts:
PROS
- subtle enough for daily wear
- champagne can be a natural colour consideration for a lighter Asian
- buildable - a night out, I could build for a higher effect (I personally apply with a brush)
- small compact but for 2 months of daily wear of one layer (forehead, nose bridge, brow, and cheekbones), I have hardly made a dent

CONS
- packaging - it cracked at the hinge after a trip out of my suitcase. It still sticks together but it's good plastic...its sharp! A bit disappointed.
- for the price, per use is probably a good price but I am starting to wonder with all companies - is this really worth it or should I have purchased at a drugstore and still be happy?

Happy Highlighting!

This review is for the shade Aura. I recently picked up Aura and I have been very impressed with it. Aura is a pale pink highlight. It's a bit of a duochrome/iridescent finish and can flash lilac it some lights. I'm not a big highlighter person and I'm definitely not a big fan of an intense glow. I'm also quite pale. I wear NC10 in MAC's Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I was afraid Aura might be too intense or too dark for me but I'm loving it on my pale skin! If applied with a light hand, Aura gives me a very soft, natural highlight that looks barely pink. If I use a heavier hand, the highlight becomes more shimmery and the pink and lilac tones become more apparent. It's a bolder look for me but it's still very pretty. I have layered this highlight on pretty heavy and I can honestly say that it doesn't seem to emphasize my texture, which is the main reason why I avoid intense highlights. The staying power is pretty good to. The texture is just right - firm enough that I don't get fallout all over my face but soft enough that I don't get the dreaded "strip" of highlight on top of my cheekbones when I apply (in other words, this blends and diffuses easily). These highlights cost $26 and the packaging is very nice and sturdy. Overall I'm really happy with my purchase. I'm considering picking up Sin as well!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the shade Sin. I don't really think I would have bought this highlighter on my own, but UD recently changed the birthday gift for their Makeup Junkies program from a single eyeshadow to this highlighter. (Honestly, it is a better deal to get a more expensive product for free, so I am not mad.) I have a lot of highlighters ranging from subtle to metallic, so I didn't really expect to love this particular version. However, as soon as I swatched it, I knew it was a winner. It is bold and very noticeable, but the formula is buttery and can be blended out to be a somewhat more natural highlight as well. I'd call the color itself a very pale gold, and I find it to be very pretty on my skin tone. I love the packaging, it is very unique and pretty, plus the magnetic closure is super cool. All in all, this product was a huge surprise for me since it is now an every day highlight for me.

on 2/9/2017 2:57:00 AM

This is my favourite highlighter ever! love the packaging, love the colours, love the formula! they are not glittery at all and provide a gorgeous strong sheen to the cheekbone. LOVE!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I purchased this in Sin, after reading all the 'glowing' - haaa, get it - reviews. Its pretty good, the price point is reasonable and the packaging is cool. A little product goes a long way without being too overpowering. The colour is nice. Only negative would be that even after priming, blending and setting (with their brand of setting spray) after a couple of hours, it goes the tiniest bit cakey and seeps into fine lines. It rises to the top so to speak. It would be good for going out and special events but would not recommend for daywear. Ironically, the more expensive Becca would be better for day/natural wear. I have only just started using highlighter, apply with a Real Techniques brush so if anyone has any advice, let me know.

on 11/14/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE : Sin

PROS

- finely milled
- not glittery
- smooth texture
- cute packaging

CONS

- amount of product
- not very intense

COMMENTS: This doesn't really pack a punch, unless you really pack it on or apply it wet. I like it, however there are other highlighters in my collection I love way more. I also find that J.Cat Beauty's "White Goddess" highlighter is very similar, but way more pigmented. I'll be sticking with that as it's cheaper and you get more product.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product in "sin" which is a light shimmery gold. The formula is smooth and almost buttery to touch, which helps it to glide skin with or without a brush. (I use a brush on top of cheekbones and under brow bone) admittedly, it is expensive because of the brand but it lives up to expectations of the brand and provides a subtle and natural glow to skin. It is a summery shade and looks beautiful without causing a harsh white colour!

on 8/22/2016 11:40:00 AM

I was looking for the palest of pale yellow-based powder highlighter, something that is more white than yellow (perhaps a pale champagne, pale peach or a whitish-gold), something smooth, and isn't overly shimmery or metallic looking....this one comes close. I dabbed a tiny bit on the very tops of my cheeks (just under the outer eye) and going up the brow/temple area in a C-shape. I have to say it's close to what I'm after (especially with regards to the finish). If you apply lightly and on small, select areas, you will look polished and put-together with higher cheekbones (Lisa Eldridge style...love her), not overdone or Kim K-ish. The finish is fine, not too metallic or too shimmery, I won't call it 'natural', but you won't look too made-up either, so it's suitable for daytime make-up, just keep the application super-light using your finger, and keep the rest of your make-up sheer and day-time friendly. I've also had it on for 7-8 hours before washing off my face, and it wore very well, faded only slightly.
My only gripe is that in some lightings, it still pulls too yellow/gold on me...if it was just a touch less yellow, I would buy ASAP.
PS. if you have imperfections//lines/creases, this will settle into them, so be warned. I have a small crease from a scar, right on the top of my left cheek, and the highlighter separated a little and settled into it. It's not very noticeable and I didn't mind it much, but it's still worth a mention.

I normally love Urban decay products but I have to say I am disappointed with this highlighter. I have got the colour fireball. I have to admit in Urban Decays defence I am on holiday so I do have a tan but I feel the highlighter doesn't really show up. I have a candlelight highlighter from too faced & its amazing so when I saw the Urban Decay one I expected more but it really doesn't show up well. I may of got the wrong shade for me or my current holiday tan may not be showing this highlighter at its best but I am disappointed & I would defo not be re-purchasing this highlighter.