MAC Burgundy x9 palette

No Image

Compact, versatile, great quality. I could really throw out all my other palettes, as since I got this one the others lay forgotten. It’s being pulled out of the Sortiment in Austria, hope they are not discontinuing it.

on 3/5/2018 10:42:00 PM

This is the best selection of colors mac has ever done for a palette. It is super versatile, it is possible to pull out neutral looks for an everyday basis and also flashy-fancy looks for a night out. The best plum colors are there, and I loooove to pair star violet with sketch. Also, at first honey love seems like a strange addition to the palette, but it is actually good for highlighting purposes. Sketch, antiqued and Noir serves good on smoky eyes looks and Quarry and haux are good both for the crease and for nude looks. I just didn't find a purpose to poppyseed... yet. I think poppyseed is too sheer for my personal taste.

on 3/18/2017 10:42:00 PM

This is my favorite eyeshadow palette, it's replaced my Naked 3 by urban decay. At first when it was delivered I was disappointed at how small the eyeshadows are but the whole palette is perfect for throwing in my hand bag or when im travelling.
Ive owned it a few months now and its the only eyeshadow palette I use, I still havnt hit pan, im not even close, barely scratched the surface so although theyre small a little goes a long way. They're very pigmented and theres absolutely no fallout despite a few of the shades being glittery or shimmery. Theyre creamy and blend very nicely and the mix of colours are beautiful and work really well together.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have several of these X9 palettes (burgundy, amber, dusky rose; tineshe, purple & Chinese New Year) & they are a great deal at USD$32. I've not hit pan on any in any of these palettes a great way to add to your collex. I had ordered this because I wasn't going to get Chanel's Candeur et experience & Kylie Cosmetics burgundy palettes which are similar, but I did get them but MAC is really a nice palette! #winning

on 11/22/2016 10:57:00 PM

This is all I've been on my eyes using for Fall. Perfect mix of warm rusty colors with some plum hues in the mix to bring out the green in my blue green eyes. My favourite combo is star violet on the lid with sketch in the crease with honey lust in the inner corner. I also like poppyseed on the lid and quarry in the crease for work days. Great palette.

on 4/16/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Very nice

on 3/30/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: I have been experimenting with countless palettes lately, but Burgundy x9 never fails to give me a flawless, perfected look. Even when I think my combo is going to look "eh", it comes out "oooh nice". If I had to a toss all but one palette, this is the one I would keep. This just works so well on me all year long.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: The MAC MUA pointed me to this palette when I asked her which one of the x9 palettes would best suit my nw20, deep winter, almost black hair, brown eyed complexion. I would have never have thought to go this direction with my under eye circles and deep set eyes, but I had faith in the artist and tried it. Holy cow...so happy I did. For the first time I can create a defined eyeshadow look that doesn't seem to skew too cool or too warm on my complexion. It seems to work well with any lip /blush combo I have thrown at it. I am not saying this is the perfect palette for everyone, but if you are close to my complexion...try this. If I am travelling this is my one stop shop for easy breezy to more drama looks. I love that the palette is the size of a regular quad, small and easily portable. I love getting more options than just four bigger eye shadows. The shadows are small, but I am fine with that and they all seem to work so well together. I love that there are so many permanent shades in this palette as well. It is a great way for me to sample a whole color scheme I had not explored before. While I would plan on just buying this palette again when the time comes, it is nice to know there are a lot of permanent shades I could get if I fall in love with one.

As for the colors, here is the break down:

Honey Lust (bronzed dipped peach lustre finish)

Poppyseed (mauvey nude satin finish)

Quarry (soft muted plum brown matte finish)

Antiqued (ash brown with bronze VP finish)

Embark (intense reddish brown matte finish)

#Noir (black brown with gold pearl VP finish)

Haux (soft muted rosey brown satin finish)

Star Violet (pinky brown plum vp finish)

Sketch (burgundy with red shimmer velvet finish)