Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser

Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser

4.6

on 11/7/2017 12:34:00 PM

Love this stuff. In fact, I am really loving the whole Pixi Skintreats line. Gentle- yet very effective. I've been using the mud cleanser in the mornings when I want to use an exfoliant, but don't want to use an exfoliating toner with acids that compete with an/or neutralize certain serums. The mud cleanser works well, is pretty gentle, but delivers really nice results with consistent use. I also use this the morning after using retinol, and it does a really nice job of massaging away any flaky skin, without stripping my skin. What I like the most about this product, and can say of all of the Pixi Skintreats line that I've tried, is that they really are an effective 'less is more' approach. Used daily, they're gentle enough that they don't burn your skin or do damage, but over time they're effective enough that with consistent use, in about a month you'll say to yourself "DAMN! my skin looks great." The Pixi products aren't a miracle, and they didn't change my life, but with consistent use, I have nice, healthy looking, clear and glowy skin. My makeup and other products apply like a dream, and my skin just always looks dependably good. All in all, a winner, and the mud cleanser is a regular player in my daily cast of beauty products. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am an oil slick in my t-zone, dryer than the desert on my chin and cheeks, have super sensitive skin, and am acne prone. I have used so many drugstore and high end face washes, that either cleaned my face good but left me dry, or didn't leave me dry but didn't clean my face. Finally I decided to try this product after walking past it so many times. I always figured it was overhyped when youtubers would talk about this product, but man they were not lying! Literally the first night I used it I could already noticed a change in my face, it's clean, not dry, and the acne on my cheeks had basically disappeared! I think I have finally found my holy grail face wash! It's a little pricey to me but I will definitely be purchasing again if it continues to leave me with a glowing clear face!

I used Pixi's Glow Mud Cleanser on and off for about four months as a second cleanser, after using Clinque's Take The Day Off cleansing balm.

Unfortunately from day one, this cleanser has given me sneaky under-the-skin pimples and white heads.

However it did the job of leaving my face feeling clean after use.

In Summary >

Overall Rating: 2 lippies

Will I buy this again: No

This was a pleasant find- it is great value and effective.
My skin is drying as I get older so I do not use this often. But I love it on hot days when my skin feels 'ick' and I feel sticky.
It is non irritating, spreads easily and leaves your skin feeling smooth and clean ready for more 'treatment'.
This is a great product to take when travelling to hot and dusty climates.
I wished this had been around when I was a teen for my congestion!

This is a superb summer cleanser. My skin tends to get much oilier in the T-zone in the summer, which is pretty normal, and this does a fantastic job of keeping my skin clean and balanced without stripping the skin. It's too drying for the colder months, but no complaints when the weather is more hot and humid (though I don't use everyday). Will definitely buy again when I run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did not expect to like this as much as I do. This was my first cream cleanser, because I always believed foam made my skin cleaner but it was drying it out. This definitely feels like a good, efficient cleanse, but without this stripping effect.
The smell is great, and it feels like a rich cream. It spreads very easily when I add water, and leaves my skin soft and decongested. I love that it has glycolic acid- it exfoliates gently.
I sometimes put it all over my face and chest and leave it on 10 minutes before showering, like a mask.
I have tried several other cleansers, and this is the one I like the most- along with Nourish's 3D kale cleanser, which is also great. I just purchased my 3rd tube, and I always come back to it. If you're oily and breakout-prone, this is definitely for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This mud cleanser is exactly what my oily, congested, acne-prone skin needed! My skin started breaking out after I found out that I was pregnant but salicylic acid is supposedly bad for the baby. Glycolic acid was recommended as an alternative but most AHAs were too irritating and drying for my skin.

This Pixi cleanser is the perfect mix of clay to draw out impurities like blackheads and sebum, 5% glycolic acid to get rid of dead skin and congestion, and moisturizing ingredients to balance the skin. I use this with Pixi's Glow Tonic toner at night and my skin has been glowing! The acne on my forehead cleared up after about a week,

I definitely recommend this to anyone who has a dull, congested complexion- it really gets your skin smooth and soft and glowing!