Maison Martin Margiela/Replica Scents/By the Fireplace

No Image

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

If you like the smell of wood smoke and s'mores then you'll love this perfume. When I first spray it, I get a lot of the wood smoke, but the dry down is warm, sweet marshmallow/chocolate/graham cracker smell. I love it SO MUCH. I don't like that the bottle doesn't have an actual lid, and it is pretty darn expensive, but you get a lot of product so it kind of evens out. I do wish they made a 1.5 oz bottle, which would be more affordable and a lot easier to try different scents. However, it's one of the best autumn/winter perfumes I have ever smelled.

on 4/15/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this in-store at Sephora the other day and, at first spray, I thought it smelled like nothing more than actual burning firewood but after less than 10 seconds, this morphed into the most beautiful and compelling fragrance I've tried in years. It puts me in mind a bit of Fresh Cannabis Rose because of the rich, sultry and woodsy undertones. Very much a cold weather fragrance (in spite of the ice storm going on outside my door, it is mid-April here in Canada and we're heading into summer) but I cannot wait to get back to Sephora to purchase the full sized bottle. I really like the look of the bottles in which these fragrances are packaged - a combination of vintage, simple and elegant.

Update: so it's 5 days later and I was back at Sephora after work this afternoon to purchase a full sized bottle of this fragrance in "phase 2" of the VIB Rouge sale. Honestly, I was thinking about it all week long and just couldn't wait to get back to the store and save my whopping 15% (that's sarcasm, folks, though I guess 15% is better than a kick in the head). Anyway, I am just so happy to have this lovely bottle of woodsy, warm wonderfulness in my closet now. It's been a while since a fragrance has grabbed me like this.

on 1/7/2018 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I received several deluxe samples of this and have been wearing it all winter. This reminds me of the Marshmallow Fireside scent from Bath & Body Works' home fragrance line. It's a slightly sweet, smokey gourmand scent. It is very wintry and a nice change of pace from overtly sweet gourmands. Won't purchase because as far as I know it's tested on animals.

This is an inviting, spicy fall and winter scent. For me it calls to mind a fireplace almost exactly. It also calls to mind midnight mass, and marshmallows. It's am appealing scent. It isnt overpowering. I'm not sure but think it lasted about half a day.

on 2/28/2017 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Replica Fireplace is a woodsy unisex fragrance that will appeal to those who like gourmand scents. This rendition has been described as "70's ski lodge" or "chestnuts roasting on an open fire", and those two descriptions are fitting. There is something inherently sexy about this fragrance and its so unique. Its a heavier scent and better left to a lighter hand but perfect for fall/winter. This is a plus if you are trying to find something different to set you apart. Truly love this scent and will be buying it for my collection.

Notes :Pink Pepper, Orange Flower Petals, Clove Oil, Chestnut Accord, Gaïac Wood Oil, Cade Oil, Vanilla Accord, Peru Balsam, Cashmeran.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I just received this scent as a sample in my Sephora Play Box. Fell in love instantly. I usually like a heavier scent, or anything vanilla. A little goes a long way and I love how it changes ever so gently throughout the day. I definitely plan on purchasing the bottle and know that it'll last awhile. I also like that I don't smell like everyone else. I have a feeling that this scent, like others, wears differently from person to person. This is Not for anyone who likes a light clean smell, or anything floral. I'm sure this fragrance will become a signature scent for me.

on 11/18/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a difficult one to rate. This fragrance opens in way that reminded me only of 1970s smokey sandlewood incense. Not great. After time, though, it deepens, and after a couple of hours, it had settled into a wonderful, warm vanilla with great staying power. I adore the way it finishes--definitely a five star for me--but since I had to get through the opening notes first (a 3 at best), I can't give a five overall.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i was intrigued by the "luxury ski lodge in the 70's" imagery behind this scent. :)

i tend to wear fresh, green, green tea type of scents, and i absolutely hate gourmands. for some reason i was intrigued by this description enough to blind-purchase a bottle.

i was hoping it'd be a bit heavier on the dry/smoky/smoked wood/campfire side, but it's very sweet. definitely smells like roasting marshmallows, burnt sugary nuts, and smoked wood. i enjoy the novelty of it, but i can ONLY get away with this in cold weather--otherwise it could veer into B.O. territory for me. i think i prefer it sprayed onto bedding than on myself.

on 3/26/2016 5:49:00 AM

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire"....That is exactly what this scent is. This is the third scent that i have reviewed in this line and it's another winner. When you are wearing it you can almost feel the embers burning with the wood and leaves and smoke rising up. Sometimes when it is on me i can sense a candied type of scent....like cotton candy. Sugared almonds or something or maybe its the vanilla note in this scent. What ever it is its nice and does not dominate the scent. This in not a gourmand scent but is straight up woods and burning leaves. It lasts for ages and projects very well. This is not a fragrance to wear on a hot day having fun outside. It's a very serious scent to be worn on special occasions like at a dinner over candlelight. Its totally unisex and probably leans more to feminine than anything. I think there are 8 or 9 scents in this line and i plan on trying them all.

Popular Fragrances