4.4

on 9/19/2017 7:25:00 PM

Wow, you have no idea how much I hate to write this review and ruin the 5 stars. I bought three of the lip fondants from Caked--Sweet Tooth, Real One, and Copy Paste. They have many positive qualities, and I really love supporting indie brands (hence, buying three of these without trying first). The packaging is very cute. They smell divine. They go on creamy. The colors are perfect. They have really good staying power. Hence, I hate to give a 2-star review. I have worn them about ten times at this point (all three colors), and they have one detrimental characteristic for me. I really HATE how they feel while on. I always think I'm good with mattes and dryness in lippies. I tolerate many other matte liquid lipsticks well. These are really heavy upon drydown though with some tightness/dryness. They go on creamy, but the drydown just feels bad to me. It's not really sticky, and they pass the kiss test. This weird feeling though is just something I don't like, and I've determined that I can't keep them in my makeup collection. Also, my lips really seem to peel a bit upon removal. Some reviews make you feel glorious satisfaction is describing the failure of the product. This is not one of those reviews. So, Caked, baby, it's not you, it's me, but we're over.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

*update at end

This is a cream lip color (lipstick) that comes in a tube with a lipgloss wand... liquid lipstick. My first, superficial, impression was: fun packaging, WOW cake batter scent! It smells yummy. I began applying to my lower lip and stopped halfway. I have tried other liquid lipsticks that went on dry and were difficult to spread. Not this Lip Fondant. It goes on wet. Initially, I thought it was too wet, but it is perfect. It stayed wet long enough to smooth out with my finger (next time I'll be more prepared with a lip brush). After smoothing over both lips to fully cover I used the wand (without dipping back in the tube) to tidy up the edges and create a smoother line.

This is a highly pigmented formula. Half a swipe on each lip was enough to cover my lips completely. It is very comfortable to wear: not sticky, not dry, and my lips don't "slide" like they do with regular lipstick, which seems to make it wear well. The only time I have during the day to touch up makeup is on my lunch break so I need something with longevity. I have been wearing it a little more than an hour. That isn't very long, but this is the first lip product I've used without a lip liner that has not bled, rubbed off/absorbed into my lips, or faded. I have semi-oily skin and lip products tend to do all those things on my lips within the first hour of wear if I don't line and partially fill before applying lipstick. I will be buying more colors. I will also update with how long this lasted before requiring a touch-up.

¨¨°UPDATE°¨¨ Yes. This stuff rocks. I added a (poorly made) photo collage showing: 5 hours of wear, post lunch with minor wear, then end of day after 10 hours with only touching up after lunch. I am still wearing the Lip Fondant, now at 11 hours. My only complaint is that I thought QT would be a light-med mauve but it is more like a coral pink on me, which is what the color in the tube looks like. Even so, I have outfits to wear with it. I can't wait to try their Power Trip red. A deep gorgeous red that stays put all day? I want it all!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought a few liquid lipsticks from Caked after seeing them on Instagram. Their packaging is to die for and they smell like CAKE! All of the lip fondants are made with blue undertones so your teeth look extra white. They lasted through eating tacos-- I'm sold.

on 5/9/2016 9:36:00 PM

This lip fondant is amazinggg. I originally bought creme de la creme which is a nude color.. but ended up getting every single one because I was so impressed with the quality.

Glides on easily, dries quickly but doesn't dry out your lips. Lasts for HOURS. I'll put it on for a a night out around 7pm, go eat dinner then go out and it is still completely on at 2am! I just use makeup remover to take it off and it comes right off. LOVE this brand! OH and it's not a bad price either! $16 a tube and seems to last quite a while.

on 6/30/2017 12:06:00 PM

I received this product in Low Key in a sample bag and I love it. I goes on easier than any other matte lip product that I have tried. It stays on until I take it off--even lots of color left on after eating greasy food. Now I am just deciding on what color to buy next. I wish there were more to choose from!

Popular Lips Products