Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream

Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream

3.2

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Cetyl Esters, Dimethicone, Methyl Gluceth-20, Polyethylene, Glycereth-26, Polybutene, Sucrose, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Algae Extract, Molasses Extract, Saccharum Officinarum, Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Whey Protein, Lactis Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Trifluoroacetyl Tripeptide-2, Caffeine, Phytosphingosine, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Yeast Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sucrose Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-8, Sodium Hyaluronate, Simethicone, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Dextran, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a fine eye cream. It's not too heavy, smells nice, and provides a decent amount of moisture for the whole day. If you have oily skin, but find that concealer looks cakey under the eye, try this (or a similar eye cream). It solved my concealer issues.

My sole issue with this product is the packaging. For the last two weeks, I have had to scoop out product with a q-tip. The tube makes it impossible to get the last 20% of product out, so you're forced to pop off the top and scoop it out.

on 8/8/2017 7:44:00 PM

It's lightweight but hydrating eye cream. It has nice ingredients and fragrance free. Also very nice brightening effect. Packaging is not so well but no so much problem. I will buy again.

on 7/21/2017 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been really happy with this eye cream.

I was looking for a lightweight, refreshing eye cream for mornings that I could use under make up (that wouldn't wreak havoc with my concealer!) Finding a product that fit that bill was a lot more difficult & frustrating than I thought it would be. Stumbled upon this one as a sample and after all the ones I'd tried that didn't work--- I did not expect this one to be any better. It actually exceeded my expectations in that it not only didn't cause issues with my concealer, but actually helped my makeup apply better, and look better throughout the day. It's cooling under the eyes and absorbs relatively quickly.

Would I consider it "anti-aging"? Well, no.......not really. I'm not sure it's intended to be. I use a few others in my nighttime routine that cover the "anti-aging" bases relatively well. Does it get rid of dark circles? I don't think so---but then again I don't know of any product that does, despite their claims! Refreshing? Yes. Brightening? Not really-- but I don't understand that claim unless it has glitter or shine to it (which it doesn't).

As for the "cool touch & de-puffing tip" mentioned on the website.....just no. It's a round plastic tip --- nothing fancy. The packaging could be better in that respect, but it's not horrible. Certainly not a deal breaker for me.

Overall, it did everything I needed it to do with the added bonus of improving the wear time of my concealer. Definitely will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The product itself is the embodiment of basic eye cream. I have normal skin and I didn't find it was giving me enough moisture.

The packaging is annoying - every time you have to pull the applicator before using. The applicator is neither convenient nor sanitary, so I applied it with fingers.

I don't think it's worth the money so I won't repurchase or recommend the product to anyone. You can as well buy an okay drugstore eye cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Im very satisfied with this product. It is the second time i buy it . The feel is very nice but it is not an anti-aging product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Gimmicky is the word. This is just a basic moirturising eye cream in a gimmicky packaging which, to make matters worse, is annoying and wastes product. I don't enjoy pressing a plastic round tip to my eye area and frankly I don't think that would do anyone any good. So I have even dispensing the crem onto my ring finger and then applying. Every time I get a lot more product than I need- because of the stupid round applicator. Ugh! Yes it contains caffeine but no it doesn't depuff or anything. All it does it hydrate! At least this one I was able to use up. This is the first time I am able to use up a Clinique product. I don't like this brand at all!

on 3/14/2017 1:35:00 PM

I got it as 100 pt sample from sephora..after using it first time i found it very easy to spread and very moisturizing so i started using it every night..but strangely i noticed my dark circles getting more and more dark as the days go by when i didn't have any change to my lifestyle........they were getting so dark like i haven't slept for days....and this is the only thing that's different....i stopped two nights ago and hopfully it will be okay again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eye cream burns my eyes like fire. Thank god it was a 100 points perk so I didn't waste actual money on this only spent 100 VIB-R points which is a good way for me to try this cream as a delux sample but I love Clinique's eye depuffer basically my only cream intended for my eyes. #toobadsosad !!

on 1/16/2017 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This feels nice and soothing on my under eye area but does not diminish puffiness or enhance the appearance. It wears well on its own but if i wear it under any makeup it balls up and looks terrible. It doesnt break me out or cause milia so i will finish the tube i have but wouldnt buy it again. Theres better moisturizers that wear better under makeup and cost much less

I got a 3 ml. sample in my Sephora order and always excited to try new product. Forgot to check the price, maybe I can edit later. Pro: This is a nice, lightweight eye cream that was more lotion textured. I got quite a few uses out of it. It absorbed nicely, with no tacky residue and no skin or eye irritation. Con: It didn't leave me feeling refreshed or any reduction in puffiness, and I found no brightening effect at all. The dark circles under my eyes (lifetime issue) actually seemed to be getting darker. My mature skin requires deeper hydration from an eye cream, especially in winter. However, I selected 'would buy again' because I've recommended my 22 & 25 year old daughters get a sample to try.