Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream

Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream

3.0

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Cetyl Esters, Dimethicone, Methyl Gluceth-20, Polyethylene, Glycereth-26, Polybutene, Sucrose, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Algae Extract, Molasses Extract, Saccharum Officinarum, Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Whey Protein, Lactis Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Trifluoroacetyl Tripeptide-2, Caffeine, Phytosphingosine, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Yeast Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sucrose Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-8, Sodium Hyaluronate, Simethicone, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Dextran, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The first time I tried a Clinique eye cream, it didn't end well. (See my All About Eyes review) But THIS, this was Clinique's redemption. I chose a sample of it, and immediately loved it. I switched from my other brand to this. I'm a sucker for packaging. The packaging is so very me. I love this new look of the Pep Start line. Plus: (round of applause) IT'S NOT IN A TUB!!!

The cream isn't greasy, but it moisturizes. It doesn't interfere with my makeup and doesn't irritate my eyes or cloud my vision. I don't use the ball tip to apply, I use my finger. I've noticed keeping it in the fridge enhances it's ability to erase bags. Unfortunately, it does nothing for dark circles. I love it and have noticed better eyes and no irritation while using it.

It's not anti-aging, it's not marketed as that. If you just want a sensible eye cream, I recommend.

I lathered Clinique pep-start on my eyes yesterday morning. Never expected an allergic reaction as it's been over a decade since anything close. Late morning I'm asked what's wrong with my eyes. I had noticed they itched so looked in mirror and they were bright red. By evening they were puffy. Took a Sudafed, washed out my eyes, washed around my eyes and went to bed. Here I sit this morning like a Puff Mama. Both eyes swollen crazy. My daughter saw me and literally jumped. What is in this stuff?

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is seriously the last skincare product from Clinique that I’ll ever purchase. I don’t know what it is about their skincare, but it ALWAYS breaks me out....and quickly. We’re talking overnight.

I purchased this after reading rave reviews. I just wanted a lightweight eye cream to use under my makeup, but I didn’t even get that far with it before I returned it.

When I received it I used it for the first time after my regular routine, patting into my entire eye area. It’s a lightweight gel cream, smells nice (fresh and a little citrus like from what I recall) and felt hydrating, but it did feel a little silicone like after absorbing.

When I woke up the next morning I was horrified to find I had red inflamed breakouts on my under area on BOTH sides. Guys, I NEVER break out under my eyes. Ever. They were like clusters too. It was awful. I didn’t think that an eye cream would ever break me out like that, which is why I decided to give it a shot. I’m done with Clinique. It was cool in my teens in the 90’s, but I really feel like the quality of their skincare has really gone down the toilet over the last 10 years. I can’t think of another brand that every skincare product I’ve tried from them ends up breaking me out.

on 2/21/2018 6:31:00 AM

Ok one knows it is cheap... but then you still expect some sort of benefit no? This is just another bad joke from Clinique.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product doesn’t do anything at all

on 2/20/2018 3:05:00 PM

Good looking packaging, but does it refreshes, brightens and perks up your look? In a word, no... What it does is gives you light hydration which does not feel sticky or tacky afterwords. Not enough for dryer skins, though. Also not really sold on the cooling action of the round tip. All in all, it felt a bit meh!.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a fine eye cream. It's not too heavy, smells nice, and provides a decent amount of moisture for the whole day. If you have oily skin, but find that concealer looks cakey under the eye, try this (or a similar eye cream). It solved my concealer issues.

My sole issue with this product is the packaging. For the last two weeks, I have had to scoop out product with a q-tip. The tube makes it impossible to get the last 20% of product out, so you're forced to pop off the top and scoop it out.

on 8/8/2017 7:44:00 PM

It's lightweight but hydrating eye cream. It has nice ingredients and fragrance free. Also very nice brightening effect. Packaging is not so well but no so much problem. I will buy again.

on 7/21/2017 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been really happy with this eye cream.

I was looking for a lightweight, refreshing eye cream for mornings that I could use under make up (that wouldn't wreak havoc with my concealer!) Finding a product that fit that bill was a lot more difficult & frustrating than I thought it would be. Stumbled upon this one as a sample and after all the ones I'd tried that didn't work--- I did not expect this one to be any better. It actually exceeded my expectations in that it not only didn't cause issues with my concealer, but actually helped my makeup apply better, and look better throughout the day. It's cooling under the eyes and absorbs relatively quickly.

Would I consider it "anti-aging"? Well, no.......not really. I'm not sure it's intended to be. I use a few others in my nighttime routine that cover the "anti-aging" bases relatively well. Does it get rid of dark circles? I don't think so---but then again I don't know of any product that does, despite their claims! Refreshing? Yes. Brightening? Not really-- but I don't understand that claim unless it has glitter or shine to it (which it doesn't).

As for the "cool touch & de-puffing tip" mentioned on the website.....just no. It's a round plastic tip --- nothing fancy. The packaging could be better in that respect, but it's not horrible. Certainly not a deal breaker for me.

Overall, it did everything I needed it to do with the added bonus of improving the wear time of my concealer. Definitely will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The product itself is the embodiment of basic eye cream. I have normal skin and I didn't find it was giving me enough moisture.

The packaging is annoying - every time you have to pull the applicator before using. The applicator is neither convenient nor sanitary, so I applied it with fingers.

I don't think it's worth the money so I won't repurchase or recommend the product to anyone. You can as well buy an okay drugstore eye cream.