CLINIQUE Pep-Start Eye Cream

CLINIQUE Pep-Start Eye Cream
Pep-Start Eye Cream

3.0

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Cetyl Esters, Dimethicone, Methyl Gluceth-20, Polyethylene, Glycereth-26, Polybutene, Sucrose, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Algae Extract, Molasses Extract, Saccharum Officinarum, Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Whey Protein, Lactis Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Trifluoroacetyl Tripeptide-2, Caffeine, Phytosphingosine, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Yeast Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sucrose Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-8, Sodium Hyaluronate, Simethicone, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Dextran, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really like this eye cream, especially the idea for packaging without a dirty roller ball, you can wipe this over every day and apply and rub in with the ball on the end of the package. I liked the samples enough to go out and buy the cream full price, but the ball shape on the packaging makes it even nicer! I like the cool, yet delicate feel on my face when applying and that it's not too harsh but it still clearly moisturises my undereyes.

on 10/2/2018 3:03:00 PM

It is an average eye cream. It keeps the skin around the eyes confortable, if you use a concealer it also helps to have a better finishing. I didn't notice any improvement in puffiness or black cicles... I might buy it again because it is cheap and helps to moisturize the skin, but it is not a great product.

on 8/24/2018 2:27:00 AM

I like this. It has some good ingredients and isn’t expensive for a high end brand. No eye cream will ever dramatically alter anything. I always like a tube packaging so the quality of the ingredients can not be diminished by air but prefer a squeezy as opposed to roller ball type.

on 7/19/2018 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just didn't find anything amazing about this eye cream. Average at best. Application of the is nice, smooth application without any tugging. I have very sensitive eyes, and deal with eczema. This product is gentle, did not aggravate my eczema. Works well under makeup. Still doesn't replace my HG eyecream: Lancome Eye genifique. I did finish up the tube, but did not repurchase.

on 7/3/2018 9:09:00 PM

Nothing special, but not bad either. If you are looking for an average and low priced product this can be it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The first time I tried a Clinique eye cream, it didn't end well. (See my All About Eyes review) But THIS, this was Clinique's redemption. I chose a sample of it, and immediately loved it. I switched from my other brand to this. I'm a sucker for packaging. The packaging is so very me. I love this new look of the Pep Start line. Plus: (round of applause) IT'S NOT IN A TUB!!!

The cream isn't greasy, but it moisturizes. It doesn't interfere with my makeup and doesn't irritate my eyes or cloud my vision. I don't use the ball tip to apply, I use my finger. I've noticed keeping it in the fridge enhances it's ability to erase bags. Unfortunately, it does nothing for dark circles. I love it and have noticed better eyes and no irritation while using it.

It's not anti-aging, it's not marketed as that. If you just want a sensible eye cream, I recommend.

I lathered Clinique pep-start on my eyes yesterday morning. Never expected an allergic reaction as it's been over a decade since anything close. Late morning I'm asked what's wrong with my eyes. I had noticed they itched so looked in mirror and they were bright red. By evening they were puffy. Took a Sudafed, washed out my eyes, washed around my eyes and went to bed. Here I sit this morning like a Puff Mama. Both eyes swollen crazy. My daughter saw me and literally jumped. What is in this stuff?

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is seriously the last skincare product from Clinique that I’ll ever purchase. I don’t know what it is about their skincare, but it ALWAYS breaks me out....and quickly. We’re talking overnight.

I purchased this after reading rave reviews. I just wanted a lightweight eye cream to use under my makeup, but I didn’t even get that far with it before I returned it.

When I received it I used it for the first time after my regular routine, patting into my entire eye area. It’s a lightweight gel cream, smells nice (fresh and a little citrus like from what I recall) and felt hydrating, but it did feel a little silicone like after absorbing.

When I woke up the next morning I was horrified to find I had red inflamed breakouts on my under area on BOTH sides. Guys, I NEVER break out under my eyes. Ever. They were like clusters too. It was awful. I didn’t think that an eye cream would ever break me out like that, which is why I decided to give it a shot. I’m done with Clinique. It was cool in my teens in the 90’s, but I really feel like the quality of their skincare has really gone down the toilet over the last 10 years. I can’t think of another brand that every skincare product I’ve tried from them ends up breaking me out.

on 2/21/2018 6:31:00 AM

Ok one knows it is cheap... but then you still expect some sort of benefit no? This is just another bad joke from Clinique.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product doesn’t do anything at all