LUSH Magical Moringa moisturiser and primer

LUSH Magical Moringa moisturiser and primer

3.6

Cornflour (Zea mays) , Argan Oil (Argania spinosa), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), Moringa Oil (Moringa pterygosperma), Rose Hip Oil (Rosa canina), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora),Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata),Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides),Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill Fusanus spicatus),Citronellol,Eugenol,Geraniol,Limonene,Linalool, Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm not at all sure why this is called a moisturizer, because it's unlike any cream, serum, or balm out there. This is far more in line with silicone primers, and performs just like one in terms of oil control and line filling properties. I consider this superior to Benefits Pore-Fessional when applied right.

This works much better at body temp, and when used sparingly. You can't put it on like lotion, but one fingertip resting on the top of the product melts plenty to spot treat any area you need. I'm not especially oily, but on days I need it, this has never failed me or caused caking that pore-fessional can. I have even used this all over my nose and been amazed at it's staying power. You'll know when it sets in because it has a powdery feel to it.

One last thing- this product is ALL oil and it needs to stay cool. If you travel with this, be warned, it can make a mess!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this moisturiser, though I use it as an oil control product, and somewhat of a primer. It's oil control properties are ridiculously good, I was so surprised because of the ingredients and the amount of oils and butters in it. I got a sample of it from the store when it first came out, and have since repurchased it about 3 or 4 times now. It's expensive but worth it. It also lasts for quite a while.

It's a solid balm kind of product that looks like shea or cocoa butter and you rub your finger around the top to pick up a little bit of product and then apply it to your face like a primer (I don't really rub it in). It starts off as a little oily and balmy before it dries down to an almost powdery finish that smooths out pores and other skin irregularities that I have. I feel like it smoothes out my deeper acne scars, the kind that's more than hyper pigmentation but actual marks in your skin. I also love that I'm using a moisturising product to control my oily skin rather than harsh astringents or products. It doesn't clog up my skin either. It's also great under makeup! Creates a smooth canvas for foundation.
Sometimes it does kind of clash with some of my silicone primers, causing it to start 'balling up' on my face, so it's not compatible with everything.

One thing I hate is the packaging. Seriously, Lush needs to figure out how to make their packaging air tight. I learnt my lesson the hard way, which is to seal ALL tubs of Lush products before travelling. Although this starts off as a solid balm, because I was travelling to hotter climates and it's essentially made of butters, it melted and leaked all over my makeup bag. Now every time I open it I've got to be careful not to spill it anywhere.

I don't use this as I primer. I use this as a moisturizer at night and it makes my skin velvet soft!!!! I absolutely love it!

on 6/22/2017 2:32:00 PM

OK so I want to begin with why I love this so much because I do love it so much. enough that im happy I bought it, would buy it again and would recommend it to a friend.
First reason is it makes my normally oily skin look matte all day, seriously.... it goes on like velvet in texture and mattifies all it touches.
Second, it smells good and feels good. I use cruelty free brands STRICTLY so it can be hard to find things that are just as luxurious but this is it. smells amazing and feels great going on. you have to melt it between your fingers before applying but once its liquid it goes on amazingly.
Third, as a primer it holds my make up in place. I don't have to reapply at the end of the work day before drink or antying like I normally would. It keeps my face make up in place.

ok so reasons I don't LOVE it....
1. the packaging isn't great. I have this with all lush stuff. I know they are earth conscious and I love them for that and will never stop buying from them but I almost wish this came in a tube or something.
2. the only face make up I use is glossier's skin tint so its a very thin tinted liquid and it works great with this primer. however it makes my concealer clump up sometimes and I imagine anyone who uses thick make up in any capacity wouldn't be that thrilled with this product

if you believe less is more and skin is more important than make up then buy this.

on 4/6/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this as part of a gift set for Christmas. At first, I hated it. I didn't like the weird texture or that it came in a pot (jar). It didn't feel like a moisturizer and I didn't think it was doing anything for me. But I've since changed my mind!

I have oily acne-scarred skin, and I must say that photos of me wearing this moisturizer look gorgeous! It gives my skin a diffuse glow that is just beautiful - unlike most moisturizers that leave me too shiny or mattifying moisturizers that leave me looking dull. This moisturizer makes me glow all day.

I've come to enjoy the texture - it's a bit waxy and it melts as you spread it on your face. Eventually it makes my skin super soft. I've been using for 3 months and so far, it hasn't caused me any clogging or break-outs. I've had no problem using under makeup.

I still don't like the pot though, it feels 'dirty', hence only 4 lippies. I wish it came in a tube instead, but the pot is Lush's trademark so that will never happen. Overall, I think I will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure how to feel about this moisturizer. I first recieved it as a sample with other LUSH purchases and at the time I was very pleased since it was free and the thickness of it makes it really feel like you're doing a lot for your skin. It also smells nice and seems appealing because of the natural ingredients. Unforutately I took what remained of my sample with me to Florida and it literally melted and became a liquid. There should have been some kind of warning to keep the product in a cool place on the package. Also, I don't know how well it works as a primer. It works ok once it's completely dry with some foundations, but I tried it with a mousse type of foundation and it caked up really badly and looked terrible. I don't think I would buy this again, it's very expensive and for this and other LUSH products I feel like it's a gimmick and just appeals to people who like the idea of these quirky names and ingredients.

on 12/7/2016 9:49:00 AM

I bought this a year ago ... pros: smells really nice like real moringa. Cons: very pricy . Doesn't moisturize or hydrate at all and I mean it. Hard to spread. Feels like a heavy gritty silicon-y petroleum gel. Broke my skin out so it was no good using it as primer. Bottom line this a pure "magical garbage" so don't waste your money and the packaging is really cheap.

on 11/18/2016 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This isn't good as either a moisturizer or primer. For me, it's do-able on just it's own but when I try to apply foundation on top it just makes my makeup look weird. This has a weird texture that doesn't completely set matte for me and the smell is extreme, I can smell is for a while after application. This also kind of melted on me even though it wasn't placed in a hot area. I think this product is a total gimmick.

To start: I am 25 years old, with fair, semi-sensitive, combination skin. My previous moisturizer was Shiseido's Ibuki Refining Moisturizer.

This particular moisturizer, however, is one of the strangest I have ever used. It doesn't feel like a moisturizer. It doesn't initially act like a moisturizer. It doesn't totally smell like one either.

But it works.

Magical Maringa is a moisturizer that doubles as a primer, with cocoa and shea butters to moisturize and cornflour to give it a smooth velvet finish. If you're like me, with combination skin verging on oily, it's heaven sent. I can go to work without lifting a single powder brush and my skin stays matte all day--even during these warm, humid summers. It has kind of a strange, greasy texture, but it absorbs astoundingly quickly, and has a slightly fruity, sandalwood scent. Because of the texture and smell I could see people being put off of it, but I would recommend giving it a chance if you're looking for something that keeps your skin smooth and even while also providing nutrients to keep it that way (maringa oil is loaded with omega 9 fatty acids).

Magical Maringa does, again, have cocoa butter in it however, which isn't always recommended for facial products due to its clogging properties. If you have extensively oily skin and are prone to acne, you may want to try this as a sample before you pay full price for the product.

on 5/11/2016 5:34:00 PM

I have dry-normal/not sensitive skin with no oily-ness whatsoever. This is a very very neat product. It goes on super greasy, but your skin absorbs it ASAP. Then it leaves your skin with a silicone primer feeling with the silicone. It makes my skin feel super soft and happy right away. It also acts as a makeup primer, so its a primer+moisturizer 2 in 1. It smells kind of chai tea ish? The fragrance might annoy some people.
I have had the 65gram tub for about 6.5 months with daily use, this stuff really lasts forever! It's 25$ which is a fair price for such a unique product.