Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Chai

1 review

Not tested on animals

on 7/26/2018 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I received a sample of this in a B-day Sephora sampler. I have med- dark skin with caramel undertones. My go to foundation is Nars Tinted Moisturizer - Malaga Med Dark 1 , for reference.

I really didn't think this color would work for me but since it was free, I took it. The first thing that stuck out to me was the smell of this satin lipstick. It smells good enough to eat. I learned that Bite Beauty' is not tested on animals, uses natural ingredients and makes products in small batches to ensure quality control. That is apparent in the texture and quality of this lipstick.

Chai turned out to be a nice pinky brown neutral on me and lasted pretty well during the day. It is a shade darker than MAC Creme In Your Coffee which is a Cremesheen formula, with less staying power. IMO this is the summer version of MAC Del Rio, another pinky brown, which also has a satin texture. I always thought Del Rio was a little heavy for summer; this would be a nice seasonal replacement. I will definitely be picking up Chai and looking forward to trying other shades.

It is pricier than MAC but I appreciate what the brand trying to do in terms of putting out a quality product made with good ingredients and I am willing to pay a little more. It is still less than some other high profile brands.