Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Chai

Not tested on animals

on 3/22/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Lots to love on this one! The color, the texture, the staying power are all above average. Chai on me, is a medium tone, slightly warm, brownish pink. It definitely lights up my face without being too bright or too dark. It's a color I would wear if I am just doing a quick 5 minute casual face or an "everything" face. It might be a trifle too pink if I were wearing orange, but other than that color, I could wear Chai with anything. I love the texture! It isn't waxy looking at all. It looks rather matte, but not dry, sort of an opaque tint. There's almost no taste. Sometimes I detect a slight minty taste which dissipates pretty quickly. It's not the moistest lipstick I've ever owned, so I must prep with a balm. It lasts as well if not better than Tom Ford cream lipsticks, which had been the longest lasting formula for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Great semi-matte neutral, goes really well with some smokey eyes or just as an everyday lipstick. A little bit more pigmented and brown-based than a MLBB lipstick, but close. As with all the other Bite Beauty lipsticks, the packaging is adorable and sets it apart from the rest of my lipstick collection.

on 9/22/2016 3:09:00 PM

Bite has been slowly winning me over with their amazing formulas. I feel like I have 'new product' fatigue sometimes with all the new makeup offerings out there but the formula of this is just amazing. I have another lipstick from them and it's so creamy.

I tried on this color at Sephora and I would say this is a my-lips-but-better color for anyone with more color in the natural pigment of their lips. I am very pale with olive/neutral undertones but have naturally black hair, dark eyes, black brows, my lips are naturally slightly darker, so a lot of the mlbb color recommendations on this site are too pale for me. I thought this would look too brown in a 90's kind of way but it was stunning, a surprise really at how nice the color looked. Hours later, it was still on my lips and it didn't dry them out. I can't wait to buy this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Chai! Even though I'm only NC10, I can pull off this brownish MLBB shade because of the warmth in my skin. Love Bite's color selection and this one is no exception. Long-wearing, slightly drying (1 lippie off), so wear a good balm at night after wearing this to minimize the drying.

I got this as the Beauty Insider Sephora bday gift. I am a lowly BI now after being VIB-R for the longest time but for personal reasons Sephora will not let me order online & I’m only welcome to shop in store. Screw that I shop at Macy’s instead where I’m a pariah! Screw Macy’s too. Their return policy is impossible. Chai is a brown MLBB color which is my kinda shade! It’s not as brown as UD1993. It reminds me of MAC Whirl & MAC velvet teddy really nice product simple spartan futuristic grey packaging. This is small enough to fit in the most impossibly tiny purse or jacket pocket (it may melt in a pocket that gets body heat). I really, really love my bday gift from Sephora. Thanks, Sephora! You are good for something after all. Lol

on 3/15/2018 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my new favorite lipstick. The color, the formula, the staying power. I’m going to get lots more Amuse Bouche lipsticks. I already got Sweet Cream also and I’m going to keep collecting them. These are worth every penny.

on 3/15/2018 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the most beautiful colour and it’s just a perfect red for so many skin tones . I got a small sized one as a Birthday gift from Sephora and it was perfect ! I immediately went and bought the full size . This is great for yellow to olive skin tones . I have very fair SouthAsian skin which depending on the My mood and the Texas sun can be light Caucasian to full brown Desi .. I cannot wear the blue tone reds because they make me look old . Apply this with a light touch for day and deepen for night . Call me crazy but I felt it made me look younger and fresh .

on 3/22/2018 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous warm color for my NC30-35 olive skin! Great for both day and night. Love the texture and pigmentation, could have used a little more luminosity but it’s a small thing. Will definitely repurchase.

Oh, girls, this is glorious. Like many of us I got the sampler in the Sephora birthday kit. I'm pale with cool undertones and thought this shade would never work for me, but a light touch and a dab of Glossier Balm Dotcom Cherry and it really warms up my face. Perfect your-lips-but-better shade. Formula is creamy and easy to apply, lasted through eating, drinking, vaping and kissing. 10/10 would recommend.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Like many of the other reviewers, I got this in the Sephora birthday kit. I think it's awesome that they're including lip colors that work on a variety of skin tones since some of the items in birthday kits of years past have been questionable. On my fair skin it is a lovely medium-toned rosy neutral, but I do not doubt that it looks gorgeous on deeper skin tones as well. The formula is BOMB just like every other Amuse Bouche I have tried, and it lasts well while feeling comfortable considering that it is not matte. I am not sure I'd buy a full size of this because I probably won't ever even finish the mini, but I am glad that I have it in my collection as a deeper everyday neutral for work.