Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Chai

Not tested on animals

on 4/16/2019 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i love this color so much! on my skin it pulls a warm reddish/pinkish brown. i find it very similar to my favorite lipstick, NYX's butter lipstick in "root beer float/pops," chai is just a bit deeper and has a little more brown to it. i would desperately like to find a ds dupe for this color, but if i can't find one i might spring for the full size once i run out of the mini. tbh i don't really notice a difference qualitywise between this lipstick and the others i have from NYX and milani, but i do think it's nice. just wish it wasn't $26.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this lipstick! Its so moisturizing and pigmented. Chai is a mauvy brown on my NC45 skin. I do recommend that if you want longer wear that a lip liner may have to be used. My only complaint is that the lipstick is a little bit too soft. Applying it on my lips, I have to use a light hand because It feels as if it will break at any minute. Of course Bite Beauty nails it with the packaging. Very Industrial like sleek Matte black packaging. Two thumbs up for me on this product.:)

on 8/30/2018 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought a mini tube of this to try it out before buying a full size. The color is beautiful on my pinky colored lips and my NC20 skin tone. It is a color that Scully from X-Files would have worn. The lipstick drags as I am putting it on. I don't like that. It lasts for a good while on my lips through drinking and eating with some wear on the inner lip curve. But my second complaint is that this lipstick tends to dry out my lips. Not immediately but the next day my lips will be chapped.

My new favorite lipstick is by Laura Mercier, the creme smooth lipstick, and that lasts as long as this Bite lipstick on the lips but applies with ease. So I doubt I will buy the full size. The color is pretty but I will look for dupes.

Update: Sought out the MAC dupe and it is so not close it's funny. The MAC dupe per tantanila is supposed to be a smidge lighter but it is straight up orange and not even close to Chai. So I learned if I want a full size of Chai just dig down and buy it.

on 8/5/2018 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Like so many, I got the mini as part of Sephora’s birthday kit. The color doesn’t work for me at all, which I won’t fault it for, since I didn’t buy it. The formula is very nice, though perhaps a bit too slippery for some, which could lead to some bleeding. It won’t dry out lips unless you’re sensitive to an ingredient.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Got this, like many other MUAers, as a BD gift at Sephora. Like it a lot - it's a tiny gunmetal lip-stick shaped mat sampler I love to carry around in my purse. It is a surprisingly lovely color on my moderately pigmented lips which complements my NC25 pale olive skin really nicely. MLBB because it is a cheerful rosy brown (less brown than it looks in the tube), semi-matte with a hint of metallic bronze glint, not glittery at all. Lasts really really well - this is a great lippie. Youthful looking, only 1 lippie off because it is a tiny bit drying, not a huge amount though.

on 7/26/2018 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I received a sample of this in a B-day Sephora sampler. I have med- dark skin with caramel undertones. My go to foundation is Nars Tinted Moisturizer - Malaga Med Dark 1 , for reference.

I really didn't think this color would work for me but since it was free, I took it. The first thing that stuck out to me was the smell of this satin lipstick. It smells good enough to eat. I learned that Bite Beauty' is not tested on animals, uses natural ingredients and makes products in small batches to ensure quality control. That is apparent in the texture and quality of this lipstick.

Chai turned out to be a nice pinky brown neutral on me and lasted pretty well during the day. It is a shade darker than MAC Creme In Your Coffee which is a Cremesheen formula, with less staying power. IMO this is the summer version of MAC Del Rio, another pinky brown, which also has a satin texture. I always thought Del Rio was a little heavy for summer; this would be a nice seasonal replacement. I will definitely be picking up Chai and looking forward to trying other shades.

It is pricier than MAC but I appreciate what the brand trying to do in terms of putting out a quality product made with good ingredients and I am willing to pay a little more. It is still less than some other high profile brands.

on 7/10/2018 9:52:00 AM

Quite pleased with this, and quickly becoming a Bite Beauty fan. This "mauve brown" wears on me (AAB/NC25) more like a medium toned rosy neutral. The feel of the lipstick is also very nice - creamy, smooth, nourishing, non-drying. Great coverage with just one swipe. The only gripe I have is that I have to read the label to know what the shade is inside.
*There was an odd, fleeting scent to it at first, which I could not quite place, but it was gone the second time I uncapped it.
(Got this as part of the Sephora Birthday Gift 2018)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Like many of the other reviewers, I got this in the Sephora birthday kit. I think it's awesome that they're including lip colors that work on a variety of skin tones since some of the items in birthday kits of years past have been questionable. On my fair skin it is a lovely medium-toned rosy neutral, but I do not doubt that it looks gorgeous on deeper skin tones as well. The formula is BOMB just like every other Amuse Bouche I have tried, and it lasts well while feeling comfortable considering that it is not matte. I am not sure I'd buy a full size of this because I probably won't ever even finish the mini, but I am glad that I have it in my collection as a deeper everyday neutral for work.

Oh, girls, this is glorious. Like many of us I got the sampler in the Sephora birthday kit. I'm pale with cool undertones and thought this shade would never work for me, but a light touch and a dab of Glossier Balm Dotcom Cherry and it really warms up my face. Perfect your-lips-but-better shade. Formula is creamy and easy to apply, lasted through eating, drinking, vaping and kissing. 10/10 would recommend.

on 3/22/2018 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous warm color for my NC30-35 olive skin! Great for both day and night. Love the texture and pigmentation, could have used a little more luminosity but it’s a small thing. Will definitely repurchase.