Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Chai

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 8/5/2018 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Like so many, I got the mini as part of Sephora’s birthday kit. The color doesn’t work for me at all, which I won’t fault it for, since I didn’t buy it. The formula is very nice, though perhaps a bit too slippery for some, which could lead to some bleeding. It won’t dry out lips unless you’re sensitive to an ingredient.

on 7/26/2018 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I received a sample of this in a B-day Sephora sampler. I have med- dark skin with caramel undertones. My go to foundation is Nars Tinted Moisturizer - Malaga Med Dark 1 , for reference.

I really didn't think this color would work for me but since it was free, I took it. The first thing that stuck out to me was the smell of this satin lipstick. It smells good enough to eat. I learned that Bite Beauty' is not tested on animals, uses natural ingredients and makes products in small batches to ensure quality control. That is apparent in the texture and quality of this lipstick.

Chai turned out to be a nice pinky brown neutral on me and lasted pretty well during the day. It is a shade darker than MAC Creme In Your Coffee which is a Cremesheen formula, with less staying power. IMO this is the summer version of MAC Del Rio, another pinky brown, which also has a satin texture. I always thought Del Rio was a little heavy for summer; this would be a nice seasonal replacement. I will definitely be picking up Chai and looking forward to trying other shades.

It is pricier than MAC but I appreciate what the brand trying to do in terms of putting out a quality product made with good ingredients and I am willing to pay a little more. It is still less than some other high profile brands.

on 3/15/2018 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my new favorite lipstick. The color, the formula, the staying power. I’m going to get lots more Amuse Bouche lipsticks. I already got Sweet Cream also and I’m going to keep collecting them. These are worth every penny.

I got this as the Beauty Insider Sephora bday gift. I am a lowly BI now after being VIB-R for the longest time but for personal reasons Sephora will not let me order online & I’m only welcome to shop in store. Screw that I shop at Macy’s instead where I’m a pariah! Screw Macy’s too. Their return policy is impossible. Chai is a brown MLBB color which is my kinda shade! It’s not as brown as UD1993. It reminds me of MAC Whirl & MAC velvet teddy really nice product simple spartan futuristic grey packaging. This is small enough to fit in the most impossibly tiny purse or jacket pocket (it may melt in a pocket that gets body heat). I really, really love my bday gift from Sephora. Thanks, Sephora! You are good for something after all. Lol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Chai! Even though I'm only NC10, I can pull off this brownish MLBB shade because of the warmth in my skin. Love Bite's color selection and this one is no exception. Long-wearing, slightly drying (1 lippie off), so wear a good balm at night after wearing this to minimize the drying.

on 9/22/2016 3:09:00 PM

Bite has been slowly winning me over with their amazing formulas. I feel like I have 'new product' fatigue sometimes with all the new makeup offerings out there but the formula of this is just amazing. I have another lipstick from them and it's so creamy.

I tried on this color at Sephora and I would say this is a my-lips-but-better color for anyone with more color in the natural pigment of their lips. I am very pale with olive/neutral undertones but have naturally black hair, dark eyes, black brows, my lips are naturally slightly darker, so a lot of the mlbb color recommendations on this site are too pale for me. I thought this would look too brown in a 90's kind of way but it was stunning, a surprise really at how nice the color looked. Hours later, it was still on my lips and it didn't dry them out. I can't wait to buy this.