I had high hopes for this because in general I adore ColourPop - the quality of their products at a great price points almost never fails to keep me coming back to try more. Sadly this one is a total fail for me. I don't understand the purpose of this product line - CP has a separate matte liquid lipstick line that I intentionally avoid because all matte lipcolor makes me look dead. Sadly this product (in shade Alyssa) is actually completely matte and not satin in the least despite the name. Here goes:
- As always with CP, the pigmentation/color payoff is intense - this is truly a liquid lipstick (not just a gloss with a more matte finish)
- This is not a remotely satin finish (let alone Ultra Satin) - nope, it's completely matte. No natural sheen, no light reflection = flat, lifeless color that sucks all the life out of my face
- Because it's completely matte, it settles in every line in my lips, highlighting any dryness or (gasp) wrinkles and flakies
- The shade I have, Alyssa, looks like a perfect neutral pinky beige in the tube but on me this looks so muddy - it's truly hideous against my pale, warm-undertoned NC10 skin. Combined with the heavy pigmentation and matte finish, this looks like clay or wall paint on my lips
- Despite looking as dry as an old bone when applied, this product never quite sets and transfers to cups (and kids' cheeks). It does stain lips a little.
- Ugliest of all, this bleeds like crazy, traveling outside my lipline a la Ronald McDonald. I look insane wearing this.
I don't know if all the shades in the line are like this since I only have one, but I'll find out soon since I regretfully ordered two shades at one time and am still waiting for the second one to be delivered. I'll update this review after I've had a chance to test the new one.....