100%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Took me a long time to try Essence products, they seemed to be cheap stuff aimed at teens. But some reviews here convinced me I might be missing out on some gems. My first purchase was the single eyeshadow in Apricotta, the review suggested using it as an inner corner highlight. (For reference, I'm fair, neutral leaning cool.) Very surprised that it works like a charm! In pan, it looks VERY frosty, with a slight peachy tone. On the skin, it practically disappears, just providing a subtle glow. I haven't tried it as a highlighter (I have lots of those to use up!), but I bet it'd be great. Since then, I've gotten several other colors in the singles. as well as the Roses palette. The latter is also less shimmery than it appears in pan; a couple are quite shimmery, the rest more satin. Well worth the price! (US singles $1.99, palette $5.49)

About reviewer (243 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairSilver, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

3 years ago

THESE ARE THE MOST VELVETY BUTTERY PIGMENTED SHADOWS THAT ARE DRUG STORE. To be honest i might even go as far as saying that these are better than some high end eyeshadows! They last so long, and don't budge at all and theyre all such gorgeous shimmers. I have the shades 19, 20 and 03 and i LOVE them. Honestly a bang for your buck (literally $3.25 aud)

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

It's so great to find a product at an insanely low price point that actually packs some quality! These single eye shadows from Essence are $2.99 CND and are fantastic. While the shade range is somewhat limited, I've purchased 3 so far and every one of them has been enjoyable to use. Great pigmentation, amazing staying power (I have oily lids and these don't budge), and I don't feel like I've emptied my wallet. I actually really love this brand, from the mascaras, to the lipsticks, to the shadows, you get awesome quality at seriously affordable prices. I'm pretty sure the highest priced item in the range is $4.99 - who can stay away from that. I also love that the shadow colours they do have are neutral and come in a variety of finishes (satins, mattes, shimmers, etc). Check these out if you haven't yet.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age30-35