Palty Hair Colour - Lime Ash

1 review

on 3/20/2016 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Lime Ash is one of the newer Jelly line of hair colors. Once again I am impressed by the lightening power of Asian hair products. Lightened my roots and did a great job of knocking out the orange tones present from previous use of henna dyes so that my hair was a pretty even medium ash brown. I admit I was scared at first when the mixture turned navy blue, but have no fear - at least on Asians that is NOT the colour your hair comes out. My hair really didn't feel any worse for the wear either. (Which is always shocking for anything that can lighten this much.) Didn't completely cover the greys but hid them pretty well considering it's not made for covering grey. Even my mum thought it looked great which is a feat considering she pretty much hates it when Asians lighten their hair.

The reason I can only give it a 4 is that the quantities they give you are skimpy. It has teeny bottles where even with my chin length bob I was concerned that I might not have enough. Anyone with hair past shoulder length may end up having to buy 3 boxes which gets spendy for home hair color at $10 USD each from the local Japanese grocery. Also, it comes with just a heart shaped slotted spoon and a plastic cup to mix the color - cute but these tools just don't make it easy to apply. You have to have your own tint brush on hand or you will end up just dumping the stuff on your head with a plastic spoon. Even a squeeze bottle like western brands come with would have been better.

Overall I will definitely buy this colour again though just because I like how it came out.