& Other Stories Steel Garden Body Mist

& Other Stories Steel Garden Body Mist
Steel Garden Body Mist

1.0

1 review

Alcohol Denat, Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Caramel.

on 3/20/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this when I sampled it in store and on the basis of that decided to pay out the £12.00 (for the tiny 150ml) bottle. It took me a while to get around to using it, so when I finally did I'd kind of forgotten what it actually smelt of. It just so happened that when I sprayed it that morning my husband was in the room and his first words on smelling it were...: "Why does your perfume smell like lager?" And the sad thing is, as soon as he said that I realised he was right!!

The blurb on the side of the bottle states it's a blend of 'petals swept in a silver haze revealing hints of forever floral' (which is a bit pretentious if you ask me), but since my husband mentioned it, all I can smell is lager. It's strongest on first application, thankfully becoming less apparent as the day wears on, but there's always that very subtle scent of lager hanging around just waiting to waft in at a moments notice. And on subsequent applications I've also noticed a slight menthol/liquorice scent which puts me in mind of antiseptic mouthwash. It just keeps on getting better, doesn't it?!

One good thing - the pump action bottle is very easy to use and produces a fine mist of fragrance, which ordinarily I would be really happy with (if the overall scent didn't smell like a pub!).

It'll come as no surprise that I won't be repurchasing this and it's doubtful I'll finish the bottle I have. My husband's parting quip of: "It's more Beer Garden than Steel Garden" did make me laugh though, so at least one good thing came out of it...

Popular Fragrances