e.l.f. Instant Lift Brow Pencil

e.l.f. Instant Lift Brow Pencil

4.3

on 5/4/2018 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I have lots of brow pencils now - in the bathroom, at work, in my purse, etc. This one works great for me! It's cheap as hell, so replacing a lost one or buying multiples is no big deal. The Taupe color works fine for me - not exactly perfect, but good enough. It lasts as long as I don't touch my eyebrows.

It's not a super-skinny lead, though, but I'm only filling in my brows. I like the attached spoolie very much! Even without brow pencil, it can shape up my brows and get them looking better.

on 4/20/2018 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have a good feeling about the Elf brand because it's cruelty free and the prices are cheap. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck with the line so far, but this brow pencil is one of their best products. There are some high end pencils I prefer, such as Anastasia Brow Wiz and the MAC Eye Brows pencil, but they are expensive. Elf's pencil does the job and you probably have enough spare change in your coin purse right now to cover the cost.

Packaging:

A sturdy white plastic case with lids that don't fall off easily. A spoolie on one end and a fully retractable pencil on the other. One cap is clear to help you remember which end is which. The lead is a little thicker than Anastasia Brow Wiz, but not as thick as the Hourglass brow pencil.

Staying Power:

Very good, although it is not perfect. I have noticed that it can smudge or rub off in places if I scratch my face. Otherwise, it lasts all day.

Color:

Taupe is a nice shade that works with my blonde hair but it's warmer than my ideal match which is the color Fling in MAC's brow pencils. If you are a cool blonde and you need an ash pencil, you're out of luck. Elf's color selection could be improved. Currently there are only three shades.

Price:

Only $2. Absolutely worth it if there is a color that matches you and you don't need the skinniest lead.

Cruelty free & Vegan

Ingredients:

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ozokerite, Mica, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 4/14/2018 6:51:00 AM

Bought this in Superdrug and I wouldn’t say it’s as good as the max factor brow pencil because the product is a bit chunkier than the others I have used and I can’t get precise lines etc . however for the price it does the job so i really can’t complain , I have the shade Taupe which is ideal for blonde hair. Overall I would buy again but probably will try the nyx pencil next. The brush on the end is very handy too

on 4/13/2018 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

Love the Taupe! Just perfect and lasts all day!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This replaced my 30$ Lise Watier eyebrow pencil. For 2.50$ CAD it is unbelievable ! The packaging is sturdy. The spooky is the best I’ve used, the pencil is creamy enough to glide on without dragging but yet it is long lasting even through 12 hour shifts and running, even on my oily complexion. The two cons someone might run into is colour selection as it’s only three shades and none are light. Both the taupe and medium brown work on my brows. Also, someone with thinner brows might have trouble if they have to draw most of them on as it doesn’t sharpen. But I only use to fill in so it’s no trouble for me! For 2.50$ I will be buying 2-3 more and keeping them in my makeup bag.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For a couple bucks this will do in a pinch but I’d rather spend a little more for a finer tipped, stiffer pencil. This is a bit too soft and large for defining brows imo. The shade neutral brown is nice enough and is indeed neutral in tone. It can double as a liner if you want a smudged out look because the diameter of the product is on the large side. I wouldn’t repurchase this unless e.l.f offered it in a fine tip version.

on 1/8/2018 2:03:00 AM

Use this daily to fill in my brows-super easy and quick for a natural brow look. Would definitely buy again!

Great brow product. I paid 2$ for this at Walmart and I loved it...only complaints I have are that it doesn't come with a lot of product and the lid on the spoolie broke very easily. Other than that it's a great brow product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I bought it in deep brown. Originally i thought this is the best drugstore pencil to every be put in the drugstore because it match my eyebrows perfectly, but little did know that this bad boy has no staying power. It rubs off during the day (i guess when i touch my eyebrows during the day). I was a little shocked to see there were spots in my brows that had no pencil on them, like very big visible holes. I don't know if i need to take an extra step or not to set it but the fact that I saw this for two consecutive days while wearing this pencil, made me reconsider the quality of this eyebrow pencil. It is good color wise because it is hard to find a deep brown that is almost black enough to fit the darkest of hair but its ability to stay on throughout the day, it sucks! I would only buy it again if I needed a quick cheap option from the drugstore.

on 11/21/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly, this pencil beats out It Cosmetics and NYX - no question. I have it in the shade deep brown and it is the perfect cool, deep brown. The formula is more of a powder than a cream, so it goes on a bit softer and you don't have to press hard to deepen the shade. I also find this pencil is easier to blend than any other I own. Granted it's not slim, but I see absolutely no difference in application or performance. The spoolie is perfect for blending - its just the right size. I find myself reaching for this more than the other pencils I own and I have every intention of repurchasing this when the time comes.

Popular Brows Products