E.L.F. Instant Lift Brow Pencil

E.L.F. Instant Lift Brow Pencil

4.3

on 4/13/2017 5:06:00 PM

I like it when you've just applied it BUT...it doesn't last very long. Like 2hrs max. I'm not going to re-do my brows at my workplace's bathroom...Sorry no.
The packaging is also very flimsy. 2.5 out 5 for me.

on 3/28/2017 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great inexpensive little gem from Elf. The tip is tiny with just enough pigmentation to fill in my eyebrows and there’s a spoolie on the other end which helps. Now I have pretty thick eyebrows so I don’t need a lot of product – just enough to fill in any spaces. I’m not sure if this would work for someone with really sparse eyebrows. Another note: I have black eyebrows but bought the brown shade for this product. It gives me a more natural look so no one can tell that I’ve actually gone and filled out my brows!

Super good pencil from the drugstore! The price is right, unlike Lorreal or Nyx who charge like $9-$11 for a brow pencil that's basically the same. My only complaint is that I wish the pencil was a little bit smaller for more precise application. But if you have bushier brows like me it shouldn't be that bad!

on 3/1/2017 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a very soft pencil and I think that's why it doesn't work out for me. While application is very smooth and I don't feel like I have to use that much pressure, it never completely sets and will smear easily.

on 2/24/2017 12:58:00 PM

WOW!!! I was really impressed with this. I purchased this to outline my brows as a guide for pomade and fill in bare spots. I was actually able to use this on my entire brow, unlike most pencils that are too waxy or harsh. It glides easily and blends well. I love that it has a spoolie brush at the end to groom and fix mistakes. I hope this is never discontinued.

on 2/20/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm new to defining/thickening my brows with a pencil and this product is great if pencils work for your brows. It looks like both beginners like me and pros at brows enjoy this product. OMG - for $2 - you cannot go wrong to try it - and they have a great color selection. I started using Neutral Brown first, because Dark Brown wasn't in stock/carried at my Walmart, but found my Target carries all three colors (taupe, neutral, dark) so I grabbed the dark brown when I saw it on the display. I used dark brown this morning - perfect color match for me. I still will use my 2 neutral browns, but I do think that the neutral brown is more of a warm/red-based brown than dark brown, which is an ashy brown. But both work great and I may just use both.

I can say that practice makes perfect and the more I use this product daily to define my brows, the better I'm getting at making them fuller and richer. This is a great product, works great - no sharpening (twist top) and I did find that the tip does lose it's sharpness, but not enough to at all to really hinder the product. The spoolie works amazing at blending the color into your brow hairs - and I've used some soap and water to wash the spoolie off to keep it fresh. Works great. Grab a couple to keep on hand - I love this!

If I ran out would I buy again? YES - I have 3 in my makeup drawer right now!

ETA: I came back to update this - I took one lippie off mostly because after buying ELF's Eyebrow kit in "dark" - I prefer that brow method over using a pencil. I still think these are a steal for having a brow pencil on hand (which I think everyone should) but for my brows - the ELF Eyebrow kit in "dark" is way - way easier for me to apply and much easier to get a natural arch and thickness vs. trying to fill in with short strokes of a pencil. I think it all depends on your brows, really. But I prefer the ELF eyebrow kit hands down. If I had to keep one of these pencils on hand - it would be in the shade "dark brown".

I am way too much of a perfectionist when it comes to my brows, and can sometimes spend up to 30 minutes (that I don't have!) in the mornings working on them. I have tried a million different brands, attempting to make this process faster (and reliably so), but with much frustration and disappointment - Anastasia, NARS, Benefit, Milani, Ofra, Hard Candy (oddly my favorite, up until now). THIS product, however, is absolutely fantastic. It blends so beautifully, I don't have to get each stroke on exactly right the first time, and it will still look good. And it lasts, too! Probably about 18 hours on me, with no smudging or anything. And the color looks natural, too - there's not some weird overly-warm tone to it, like many. And then there's the price, which is just freaking unbelievably good! I'm absolutely in love!!!

on 1/9/2017 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is one of the best eyebrow pencils on the market and is has such an amazing price point! I believe I paid around $3 CDN for this pencil at Wal-mart (Canada). I have this in neutral brown and it is perfect for my dark hair. I struggle to find dark eyebrow pencils that are cool toned and look natural. I find that most eyebrow products for dark hair are way too warm and end up looking weird. I like that this product is a round tip and thicker than the micro brow pencils. It makes filling my brows really easy because it is precise enough to define the top and bottom but also wide enough to fill them in quickly. The spooly is also great to brush through and make it look more natural. I love that there is clear lid on the spooly side so I can tell the difference between the ends. I would definitely recommend this brow pencil!

on 12/16/2016 8:27:00 PM

Love this product!! Works great and makes my brows look natural. Love the waxy formula and both the neutral brown and dark brown works great for me. Lasts all day and is so cheap! Love the spoolie as well. Only complaint is that the tip can dull and doesn't stay sharp, but still workable.

on 12/16/2016 12:12:00 PM

I love this inexpensive brow pencil. I have been trying many different brow products, trying to find something that works well for me, at varying price points. This is one of my favorites. I use the Neutral Brown color, and it works out great for me. I have medium brown hair.

I am relatively new to doing my brows, so I'm not expert. I have had to begin as I have gotten older. I overplucked when younger, plus they have faded in color.

This applies so easily. I can achieve a very natural look, but I can also get more dramatic just by pressing harder. The spoolie on the other end is nice. I have had trouble once or twice with the product falling out while I still had product left, but for $2, I can live with that.

Popular Brows Products