E.L.F. Instant Lift Brow Pencil

E.L.F. Instant Lift Brow Pencil

4.3

on 5/26/2017 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I repurchased this once i ran out of my first one cuz i use it so much. The color is not too warm and it matches my brows pefectly (i think the shade was natural brown)
the pencil itself is not too creamy and not too waxy. it glides on nicely and blends well with a spoolie.. i really love this and find no need to search for another brow pencil cause it does everything i want! and it lasts really long for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

It's waxy so it glides smoothly and shades softly. But because it's waxy, it smears. Solution is to apply an eye shadow primer on the brows to keep color in place.
This is the closest I can get to eye makeup due to very sensitive eyes. So thankfully, I havent developed any allergic reactions.
I usually get neutral brown. Tried taupe... on the fence because Im so used to neutral brown.
But I think taupe would be a good casual brow color when you're just out and about, running errands and so forth. There's not too much red in them. It's a more smokey than reddish or charcoaled.

on 4/13/2017 5:06:00 PM

I like it when you've just applied it BUT...it doesn't last very long. Like 2hrs max. I'm not going to re-do my brows at my workplace's bathroom...Sorry no.
The packaging is also very flimsy. 2.5 out 5 for me.

on 3/28/2017 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great inexpensive little gem from Elf. The tip is tiny with just enough pigmentation to fill in my eyebrows and there’s a spoolie on the other end which helps. Now I have pretty thick eyebrows so I don’t need a lot of product – just enough to fill in any spaces. I’m not sure if this would work for someone with really sparse eyebrows. Another note: I have black eyebrows but bought the brown shade for this product. It gives me a more natural look so no one can tell that I’ve actually gone and filled out my brows!

Super good pencil from the drugstore! The price is right, unlike Lorreal or Nyx who charge like $9-$11 for a brow pencil that's basically the same. My only complaint is that I wish the pencil was a little bit smaller for more precise application. But if you have bushier brows like me it shouldn't be that bad!

on 3/1/2017 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a very soft pencil and I think that's why it doesn't work out for me. While application is very smooth and I don't feel like I have to use that much pressure, it never completely sets and will smear easily.

on 2/24/2017 12:58:00 PM

WOW!!! I was really impressed with this. I purchased this to outline my brows as a guide for pomade and fill in bare spots. I was actually able to use this on my entire brow, unlike most pencils that are too waxy or harsh. It glides easily and blends well. I love that it has a spoolie brush at the end to groom and fix mistakes. I hope this is never discontinued.

on 2/20/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm new to defining/thickening my brows with a pencil and this product is great if pencils work for your brows. It looks like both beginners like me and pros at brows enjoy this product. OMG - for $2 - you cannot go wrong to try it - and they have a great color selection. I started using Neutral Brown first, because Dark Brown wasn't in stock/carried at my Walmart, but found my Target carries all three colors (taupe, neutral, dark) so I grabbed the dark brown when I saw it on the display. I used dark brown this morning - perfect color match for me. I still will use my 2 neutral browns, but I do think that the neutral brown is more of a warm/red-based brown than dark brown, which is an ashy brown. But both work great and I may just use both.

I can say that practice makes perfect and the more I use this product daily to define my brows, the better I'm getting at making them fuller and richer. This is a great product, works great - no sharpening (twist top) and I did find that the tip does lose it's sharpness, but not enough to at all to really hinder the product. The spoolie works amazing at blending the color into your brow hairs - and I've used some soap and water to wash the spoolie off to keep it fresh. Works great. Grab a couple to keep on hand - I love this!

If I ran out would I buy again? YES - I have 3 in my makeup drawer right now!

ETA: I came back to update this - I took one lippie off mostly because after buying ELF's Eyebrow kit in "dark" - I prefer that brow method over using a pencil. I still think these are a steal for having a brow pencil on hand (which I think everyone should) but for my brows - the ELF Eyebrow kit in "dark" is way - way easier for me to apply and much easier to get a natural arch and thickness vs. trying to fill in with short strokes of a pencil. I think it all depends on your brows, really. But I prefer the ELF eyebrow kit hands down. If I had to keep one of these pencils on hand - it would be in the shade "dark brown".

I am way too much of a perfectionist when it comes to my brows, and can sometimes spend up to 30 minutes (that I don't have!) in the mornings working on them. I have tried a million different brands, attempting to make this process faster (and reliably so), but with much frustration and disappointment - Anastasia, NARS, Benefit, Milani, Ofra, Hard Candy (oddly my favorite, up until now). THIS product, however, is absolutely fantastic. It blends so beautifully, I don't have to get each stroke on exactly right the first time, and it will still look good. And it lasts, too! Probably about 18 hours on me, with no smudging or anything. And the color looks natural, too - there's not some weird overly-warm tone to it, like many. And then there's the price, which is just freaking unbelievably good! I'm absolutely in love!!!

on 1/9/2017 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is one of the best eyebrow pencils on the market and is has such an amazing price point! I believe I paid around $3 CDN for this pencil at Wal-mart (Canada). I have this in neutral brown and it is perfect for my dark hair. I struggle to find dark eyebrow pencils that are cool toned and look natural. I find that most eyebrow products for dark hair are way too warm and end up looking weird. I like that this product is a round tip and thicker than the micro brow pencils. It makes filling my brows really easy because it is precise enough to define the top and bottom but also wide enough to fill them in quickly. The spooly is also great to brush through and make it look more natural. I love that there is clear lid on the spooly side so I can tell the difference between the ends. I would definitely recommend this brow pencil!

Popular Brows Products