E.L.F. Instant Lift Brow Pencil

E.L.F. Instant Lift Brow Pencil

4.4

Super good pencil from the drugstore! The price is right, unlike Lorreal or Nyx who charge like $9-$11 for a brow pencil that's basically the same. My only complaint is that I wish the pencil was a little bit smaller for more precise application. But if you have bushier brows like me it shouldn't be that bad!

on 3/1/2017 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a very soft pencil and I think that's why it doesn't work out for me. While application is very smooth and I don't feel like I have to use that much pressure, it never completely sets and will smear easily.

on 2/24/2017 12:58:00 PM

WOW!!! I was really impressed with this. I purchased this to outline my brows as a guide for pomade and fill in bare spots. I was actually able to use this on my entire brow, unlike most pencils that are too waxy or harsh. It glides easily and blends well. I love that it has a spoolie brush at the end to groom and fix mistakes. I hope this is never discontinued.

on 2/20/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm new to defining/thickening my brows with a pencil and this product is great if pencils work for your brows. It looks like both beginners like me and pros at brows enjoy this product. OMG - for $2 - you cannot go wrong to try it - and they have a great color selection. I started using Neutral Brown first, because Dark Brown wasn't in stock/carried at my Walmart, but found my Target carries all three colors (taupe, neutral, dark) so I grabbed the dark brown when I saw it on the display. I used dark brown this morning - perfect color match for me. I still will use my 2 neutral browns, but I do think that the neutral brown is more of a warm/red-based brown than dark brown, which is an ashy brown. But both work great and I may just use both.

I can say that practice makes perfect and the more I use this product daily to define my brows, the better I'm getting at making them fuller and richer. This is a great product, works great - no sharpening (twist top) and I did find that the tip does lose it's sharpness, but not enough to at all to really hinder the product. The spoolie works amazing at blending the color into your brow hairs - and I've used some soap and water to wash the spoolie off to keep it fresh. Works great. Grab a couple to keep on hand - I love this!

If I ran out would I buy again? YES - I have 3 in my makeup drawer right now!

ETA: I came back to update this - I took one lippie off mostly because after buying ELF's Eyebrow kit in "dark" - I prefer that brow method over using a pencil. I still think these are a steal for having a brow pencil on hand (which I think everyone should) but for my brows - the ELF Eyebrow kit in "dark" is way - way easier for me to apply and much easier to get a natural arch and thickness vs. trying to fill in with short strokes of a pencil. I think it all depends on your brows, really. But I prefer the ELF eyebrow kit hands down. If I had to keep one of these pencils on hand - it would be in the shade "dark brown".

I am way too much of a perfectionist when it comes to my brows, and can sometimes spend up to 30 minutes (that I don't have!) in the mornings working on them. I have tried a million different brands, attempting to make this process faster (and reliably so), but with much frustration and disappointment - Anastasia, NARS, Benefit, Milani, Ofra, Hard Candy (oddly my favorite, up until now). THIS product, however, is absolutely fantastic. It blends so beautifully, I don't have to get each stroke on exactly right the first time, and it will still look good. And it lasts, too! Probably about 18 hours on me, with no smudging or anything. And the color looks natural, too - there's not some weird overly-warm tone to it, like many. And then there's the price, which is just freaking unbelievably good! I'm absolutely in love!!!

on 1/9/2017 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is one of the best eyebrow pencils on the market and is has such an amazing price point! I believe I paid around $3 CDN for this pencil at Wal-mart (Canada). I have this in neutral brown and it is perfect for my dark hair. I struggle to find dark eyebrow pencils that are cool toned and look natural. I find that most eyebrow products for dark hair are way too warm and end up looking weird. I like that this product is a round tip and thicker than the micro brow pencils. It makes filling my brows really easy because it is precise enough to define the top and bottom but also wide enough to fill them in quickly. The spooly is also great to brush through and make it look more natural. I love that there is clear lid on the spooly side so I can tell the difference between the ends. I would definitely recommend this brow pencil!

on 12/16/2016 8:27:00 PM

Love this product!! Works great and makes my brows look natural. Love the waxy formula and both the neutral brown and dark brown works great for me. Lasts all day and is so cheap! Love the spoolie as well. Only complaint is that the tip can dull and doesn't stay sharp, but still workable.

on 12/16/2016 12:12:00 PM

I love this inexpensive brow pencil. I have been trying many different brow products, trying to find something that works well for me, at varying price points. This is one of my favorites. I use the Neutral Brown color, and it works out great for me. I have medium brown hair.

I am relatively new to doing my brows, so I'm not expert. I have had to begin as I have gotten older. I overplucked when younger, plus they have faded in color.

This applies so easily. I can achieve a very natural look, but I can also get more dramatic just by pressing harder. The spoolie on the other end is nice. I have had trouble once or twice with the product falling out while I still had product left, but for $2, I can live with that.

on 12/13/2016 10:09:00 PM

I have all three shades of this pencil and they are all great colors. The taupe, neutral brown, and dark brown are all fairly cool, so no reddish tones that so few of us actually need.

I have almost black hair and thick black brows. I can use all the colors depending on what look is wanted. If I use taupe it deliberately softens and downplays my brows (I don't really roll that way). Taupe is actually a medium shade and may be too dark for light blondes. My daughter with medium brown hair and sparser black eyebrows uses it and looks very nice. My dark blonde transitioning into brown as she gets older daughter should also look great in this shade.

Neutral brown is a hade down from what I normally go for, but I sometimes use it at the front part of my brow for a softer look.

Dark brown is where I normally hang out. Again, a nice cool brown.

This is a twist up pencil, so you can't sharpen it to a very fine tip. I don't have a problem using it though. The formula is creamy but firm enough not to smudge and smear everywhere like Elf's thicker brow pencil.

I doubt I will repurchase due to lack of product - this is 0.18 g of product as opposed to a typical wood brow pencil with 1 or so grams of product. I paid $1 US for this and normally pay $2.50 CAD for a wood pencil, but it had almost 10x the amount of product. (Yeah, I'm a real penny pincher.)

The only advantage is you don't have to sharpen, so all the product is usable(this might not be an advantage if you want a sharp tip to lengthen your tail - not sure sharpening takes that much product anyway) and it comes with a spoolie. I really hate having to dig for my spoolie, it's the brush I lose the most often. I often grab the spoolie on these even if I use a different pencil, just because it's handy (a bit rough but gets the job done).

So, yes, I like it, but I don't think I will reorder because I have a good match in a pencil with more product.

on 12/3/2016 12:37:00 AM

Great value, and you are getting a decent pencil+brush for an everyday look. A bit hard to apply as the tip dulls. Not my favorite but it does the job well enough for the price

Popular Brows Products