E.L.F. Instant Lift Brow Pencil

E.L.F. Instant Lift Brow Pencil

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I bought it in deep brown. Originally i thought this is the best drugstore pencil to every be put in the drugstore because it match my eyebrows perfectly, but little did know that this bad boy has no staying power. It rubs off during the day (i guess when i touch my eyebrows during the day). I was a little shocked to see there were spots in my brows that had no pencil on them, like very big visible holes. I don't know if i need to take an extra step or not to set it but the fact that I saw this for two consecutive days while wearing this pencil, made me reconsider the quality of this eyebrow pencil. It is good color wise because it is hard to find a deep brown that is almost black enough to fit the darkest of hair but its ability to stay on throughout the day, it sucks! I would only buy it again if I needed a quick cheap option from the drugstore.

on 11/21/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly, this pencil beats out It Cosmetics and NYX - no question. I have it in the shade deep brown and it is the perfect cool, deep brown. The formula is more of a powder than a cream, so it goes on a bit softer and you don't have to press hard to deepen the shade. I also find this pencil is easier to blend than any other I own. Granted it's not slim, but I see absolutely no difference in application or performance. The spoolie is perfect for blending - its just the right size. I find myself reaching for this more than the other pencils I own and I have every intention of repurchasing this when the time comes.

on 11/17/2017 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in taupe and neutral brown. Both are good color for me and sometimes I use both together. It does not make tiny hair like stokes like the NYX micro but it doesn't scratch or pull out eyebrows either. I really like this to outline the brows because it is fine enough and soft enough, but not too soft. If I want finer hairs around the beginning of the brow I use the NYX for a few little hairs there. I don't have 10-15 minutes to spend on my brows every morning and I can get a nice look with this in a few minutes. If you rub your brows it can smear a little but once it dries it stays on all day long on me. I do find if you use an oilier makeup sometimes it will tend to smear some if you rub it, but not much more than any others do. Consistency reminds me a lot of my MAC spiked. You cannot beat the price and there is a good amount of product. MAC spiked is still my all time favorite(until recently when the last couple I purchased seemed lesser quality) but this is a good substitute. Not dupe, substitute. The color selection is limited but luckily 2 of the work for me and you cannot beat the price. $2.00 and it has a decent spoolie. e.l.f. recently had a 50% off sale on almost every item on their website, so at $1.00 each I stocked up for me and for gift baskets and stocking stuffers for Christmas.

on 11/14/2017 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I own this in the color Taupe. This is the only thing that I use to fill in my eyebrows at this time, and have no plans on ever switching to anything else. It's honestly the best eyebrow product that I have ever used, and have no need to switch to anything else!

on 11/4/2017 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow! For $3 at Bed Bath and Beyond and then deducting 20 percent coupon, this has become my favorite brow product. I bought in taupe and it's a perfect color with no red! Easy to fill in lightly at beginning of brow and fill in a little darker from middle to tail. I have been using the Loreal and Revlon pencils in blonde, along with my remaining YBF universal taupe and this is as good if not better than any others. Great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I just finished using this entire pencil. It lasted about 5 months for me using it everyday. It's a great pencil! Glides on very smoothly and easily. Stays on ALL day long with no smudging.

on 8/26/2017 11:10:00 AM

I am a fan of cruelty free cosmetics brands, especially drugstore ones so I have been experimenting over the past year with different brands and products. I have tried a handful of items from E.L.F with many of them not really floating my boat as much as I hate to say it.

On a trip to CVS a few months back I grabbed this. I am one that really doesn't maintain my brows aside from the professional wax I get every other month when I go to my hair cutting lady. I have recently noticed that my brows have become rather sparse over the years, where as before I started getting them waxed (actually tamed) I had more brow volume than I wanted. I initially tried to wax them myself but after a mishap which resulted in my eyebrows resembling those of the departed Mr. Spock I decided it was best to let a professional handle them.

While I will likely continue with the waxes at least for a little while, I find this product is really nice for filling them in just enough. Mine is simply called a "brow pencil" in the shade neutral brown (21722). When it comes to brow products I have this and WNW's brow kit which I haven't really used much but will have to break out soon. For some simple filling in when you are in a pinch I find this is nice, and for an inexpensive price as well, around $2 I think. It's just a simple retractable pencil, but you get a brow brush on the other side which is nice to have as well.

I will definitely purchase this again, it's probably all I need for brows really. I find for brows and mascaras I am very bare bones and only have a couple products to fulfill those needs. I give this one a thumbs up and one of my favorite products from ELF.

5 stars.

The neutral brown pencil is a TRUE neutral. No weird red tones here and it is SUPER affordable! A+++++++++ !!

This fills in my eyebrows really well, highly recommend it if you're looking for an inexpensive eyebrow pencil that can do the job

on 8/7/2017 6:06:00 PM

Like the formula, non drying and a bit sticky.

Popular Brows Products