Dior Poison Girl

Dior Poison Girl

4.3

on 5/19/2017 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely gorgeous scent. This has become my everyday scent after receiving a sample when I purchased a dior mascara. I have never tried a dior scent but have repurchased their overcurl mascara for years. I received the Eau de toilette sample and loved it so much I had to get it. I was about to repurchase viva la juicy which I have used as an everyday scent for years however having been introduced to this I have now switched to this. I purchased the Eau de parfum version as I find it to be more intense and lasts longer. Such an addictive sweet scent that is so sexy and feminine.

on 5/16/2017 11:11:00 PM

bought this thinking it would be good for me since i had a sample trial at the pharmacy only to find out its pretty string for me, to the point that its making me really dizzy! it can lasts for ages thou. but the whole time it made me really really dizzy with the strong scent.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells really nice. It's a great anytime fragrance that's well scented but not overly so. The only issue I have is the scent does not appear to last long. It's a light sweetened spicy scent that's lovely.

on 1/3/2017 12:02:00 PM

I am a fan of feminine scents that are more fruity and not flowery and they blend nice with the natural scent of my skin.I received this perfume as a present and despite the fact that the scent is intense and strong,it blends really nice with my skin and it smells fresh and sexy.I wouldn't buy it myself though because it is a bit more expensive than I usually spend for high end perfumes

on 10/26/2016 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The scent is amazing! I've read some mixed reviews about it, with some saying that the scent is too artificial and some saying that they like it, as it smells like vanilla, candy, and all things sweet. I would say that the latter is truer for me. The scent is super sweet, vanilla and caramel were what I detected first. It stayed on for the whole day and wasn't too overwhelming. Overall, I love it. All of Dior's perfumes are amazing, but this one is my favorite. One lippie down for the price, but well, it's Dior :P

on 9/22/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Dior Poison Girl is just about the perfect gourmand/oriental IMHO. I love this category, and this, to me, is like a "Gerber baby" of gourmands -- all-around ideal -- including the color and the high-quality sprayer on the bottle. I've been using Poison Girl for awhile now, and I don't know what's taken me so long to get around to praising it. It's probably because I hardly know what to say or how to describe it -- it's well-rounded and above reproach.

Fragrantica.com says:
"The composition consists of precious raw ingredients. Sicilian bitter orange leads to the heart of roses, which consists of May rose from Grasse and Damascus rose. Venezuelan tonka bean, sandalwood from Sri Lanka, tolu balm, almond and vanilla end with a warm, oriental sweetness."

It's like Goldilocks -- it falls right in the middle of every criteria. It's not too sweet or foody, not too floral, not sharp, not too strong, not too light, no harsh basenotes -- it's just right. I woke up this morning with my skin smelling awesome, but I couldn't remember what I sprayed before bed -- and then I remembered it was Poison Girl. Lovely, just lovely.

Previous reviewer said it's like a mix of Black Opium, Hypnotic Poison, & BS Fantasy -- and yes, I see that. I'm also thinking of Dior Addict (or La Nuit Tresor), Hypnotic Poison, and YSL Manifesto all mixed together -- esp the Manifesto. Powdery & delicious, but with plenty of deep notes also, I definitely consider Poison Girl to be an Adult Gourmand -- it's not nearly as sweet & girly as many others out there.

I love the mauve color and that the bottle is transparent. And the sprayer! -- I can't say enough about how wonderful it is! It's so controllable you can apply just the teeniest tiniest amount, if you so desire. This EDP has great strength, throw, and lasting-power -- but with that great sprayer, you can apply the barest hint, if you want to -- therefore, you can wear this anytime, anywhere, any occasion, any season. I wish all sprayers were this well made.

Personally, I'm wayyy past my girlhood, and I wish they hadn't stuck the word "girl" in the name, because this fragrance IMHO isn't extremely youthful. It's sweet, yet it has a very deep, rich, full base -- which puts it into the "any-age-can-wear-this" bracket, for me.

My Poison collection now includes original Poison, Hypnotic Poison, Pure Poison, Midnight Poison (d/c'd), and Poison Girl. I never did like or own the green d/c'd Tendre Poison. Poison Girl is now my favorite of them all, since it's so delicious & also versatile for any occasion, any season -- with Hypnotic Poison second -- also delicious, but mostly Fall-Winter IMHO. I hope Poison Girl never gets discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am not in any way a fragrance expert. To me this smells like Black Opium, Hypnotic Poison and Brittany Spears Fantasy all got mixed together. I actually really like this fragrance but I will not repurchase because I feel it is pricy for what it is.

on 8/21/2016 2:03:00 PM

What a disappointment. Poison Girl opened with a slightly toasted vanilla-almond -- very warm and rich but not too sweet. But as it dried down, it's acquired both a bitter note at the base (kind of like Chance) and a snowballing sweetness. There's an unlit tobacco quality, too. I am not liking this at all, though I had every hope of loving it. My distaste may have been jumpstarted because I was stuck in a plane with it. As I kept sniffing and waiting for the bitter, pseudo-wood (more wet cement) note to run down, the drydown drifted into a powdery vanilla wi/aquatic/stabby undertow. There might well be skin that does this justice, so I'll say YMMV -- Dior is usually a quality house. But sample, don't blind buy. And it's interesting that the release has been confined to very limited venues instead of bursting out all over.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I want to give Poison Girl a shout out as, despite what the name suggests, I think that this perfume is a lovely,more adult, gourmand fragrance suited for those of us in the 25+ crowd; it has base of a comforting nutty/vanilla warmth, that is accompanied with a slightly bitter orange note that tones down the sweetness a bit. The heart of the fragrance is centered around a timeless powdered floral mix of rose, and what I think is orange blossom, and possibly magnolia. Creamy sandalwood and an airy musk provide the backdrop as the fragrance gradually goes closer to the skin.

I wouldn't wear Poison Girl in hotter weather as the excellent longevity [9+ hours], and the sensation of warmth that is created by the creamy sweetness in the scent notes can be too much for migraine-prone me; I've made the mistake of wearing it on sunny days, and have been left with banging migraines as a result. I'd say this is definitely a fragrance for autumn/winter - in fact I like to wear this perfume to bed then.

Official scent notes: Sicilian orange, May rose, Damascus rose. Venezuelan tonka bean, sandalwood, tolu balm, almond and vanilla.

When I wear Poison Girl I get a resemblance to YSL Black Opium, minus the intensity the coffee gives the former - so Poison Girl is a great alternative for us migraine sufferers who like Black Opium, but struggle to wear it.

on 5/6/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's the first time in many years that I've been impressed enough by a perfume to go out and buy a full bottle myself. This is a straight up gourmand, and it makes sense that I'd like it because that's my kind of thing. However seeing that many recent department store perfume launches have been gourmands and I haven't liked them enough to wear them, there must be something special about this.
It's not a very complex scent, but it is absolutely delicious. It's heavy on the vanilla, and you also get prominent almond and some citrus in the beginning. The drydown can be chocolatey for some reason, although chocolate is not included in the notes. Maybe the vanilla and almond combination comes through this way. It's a very warm and snuggly scent. It does remind me a tiny little bit of Hypnotic Poison sometimes.
The packaging and the bottle is beautiful in my opinion, I love the shapes and the colors. I can see many people are bothered by how this is marketed and I can understand that. However that isn't really a factor for me when deciding what to wear, I've even worn BS Fantasy consistently for many years so I don't care if it's marketed as "young" and frivolous. If I like the scent and feel it suits me I'll wear it.
All in all I'm enjoying this immensely and I can see it becoming one of my staples.

Popular Fragrances