Dior Poison Girl eau de PARFUM

Dior Poison Girl eau de PARFUM

4.2

on 8/19/2017 5:15:00 PM

Sweet but not as interesting as I was hoping. Seems like a safe winter frag I might get when it hits the discount stores in a couple years.

on 8/14/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using C. K. Euphoria for 12 years and really needed a new perfume. I wanted a warm, cozy everyday scent for fall and winter. Aften the first sniff, i fell in love! This scent sits close to the skin on me, but wears for over 12 hours with one spray. The fragrance reminds me of a warm hug mixed with baking goods with cinnemon, vanilla and apple. I know some of these note aren't even in the perfume, but to me is smell like this.. And I feel so loved and safe when I wear this. It's strange. I do think the smell develops nicely over time and stays true throughout. It's not the most complex scent, but It's sweet with an edge. It reminds me of Vera Wang Princess in a way, but a bit darker.

On the oter hand: The packaging is just bad in my opinion. The bottle feels and looks cheap. It's pink, wich really do not suit the scent at all.. I would think yellow or purple would suit it better. And the fact that It's called girl, is almost funny to me. I would never have used this when I thought of myself as a girl.. I'm now 29 and this is a grown up scent, I think. You would also imagine from the ad that this perfume is rich and sensual for going out clubbing, but It's not (on me anyway). The toilette fades rather quickly and the perfume is best to use in daytime. It's lovely, not sexy!

Anyway: When all is said, It's the juice that counts. I don't display my bottles, so it doesn't really matter, but I would never have picket this up by the ad alone, and not by the bottle either. The only reason I stumbled apon this was on a whim, when I wanted a new daytime scent, and sniffed everything at my small boutique. This was one of the last ones I smelled, and really liked it. I've bought this last week and have used it several times already. Will be posting an update later on!

on 5/19/2017 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely gorgeous scent. This has become my everyday scent after receiving a sample when I purchased a dior mascara. I have never tried a dior scent but have repurchased their overcurl mascara for years. I received the Eau de toilette sample and loved it so much I had to get it. I was about to repurchase viva la juicy which I have used as an everyday scent for years however having been introduced to this I have now switched to this. I purchased the Eau de parfum version as I find it to be more intense and lasts longer. Such an addictive sweet scent that is so sexy and feminine.

on 5/16/2017 11:11:00 PM

bought this thinking it would be good for me since i had a sample trial at the pharmacy only to find out its pretty string for me, to the point that its making me really dizzy! it can lasts for ages thou. but the whole time it made me really really dizzy with the strong scent.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells really nice. It's a great anytime fragrance that's well scented but not overly so. The only issue I have is the scent does not appear to last long. It's a light sweetened spicy scent that's lovely.

on 1/3/2017 12:02:00 PM

I am a fan of feminine scents that are more fruity and not flowery and they blend nice with the natural scent of my skin.I received this perfume as a present and despite the fact that the scent is intense and strong,it blends really nice with my skin and it smells fresh and sexy.I wouldn't buy it myself though because it is a bit more expensive than I usually spend for high end perfumes

on 10/26/2016 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The scent is amazing! I've read some mixed reviews about it, with some saying that the scent is too artificial and some saying that they like it, as it smells like vanilla, candy, and all things sweet. I would say that the latter is truer for me. The scent is super sweet, vanilla and caramel were what I detected first. It stayed on for the whole day and wasn't too overwhelming. Overall, I love it. All of Dior's perfumes are amazing, but this one is my favorite. One lippie down for the price, but well, it's Dior :P

on 9/22/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Dior Poison Girl is just about the perfect gourmand/oriental IMHO. I love this category, and this, to me, is like a "Gerber baby" of gourmands -- all-around ideal -- including the color and the high-quality sprayer on the bottle. I've been using Poison Girl for awhile now, and I don't know what's taken me so long to get around to praising it. It's probably because I hardly know what to say or how to describe it -- it's well-rounded and above reproach.

Fragrantica.com says:
"The composition consists of precious raw ingredients. Sicilian bitter orange leads to the heart of roses, which consists of May rose from Grasse and Damascus rose. Venezuelan tonka bean, sandalwood from Sri Lanka, tolu balm, almond and vanilla end with a warm, oriental sweetness."

It's like Goldilocks -- it falls right in the middle of every criteria. It's not too sweet or foody, not too floral, not sharp, not too strong, not too light, no harsh basenotes -- it's just right. I woke up this morning with my skin smelling awesome, but I couldn't remember what I sprayed before bed -- and then I remembered it was Poison Girl. Lovely, just lovely.

Previous reviewer said it's like a mix of Black Opium, Hypnotic Poison, & BS Fantasy -- and yes, I see that. I'm also thinking of Dior Addict (or La Nuit Tresor), Hypnotic Poison, and YSL Manifesto all mixed together -- esp the Manifesto. Powdery & delicious, but with plenty of deep notes also, I definitely consider Poison Girl to be an Adult Gourmand -- it's not nearly as sweet & girly as many others out there.

I love the mauve color and that the bottle is transparent. And the sprayer! -- I can't say enough about how wonderful it is! It's so controllable you can apply just the teeniest tiniest amount, if you so desire. This EDP has great strength, throw, and lasting-power -- but with that great sprayer, you can apply the barest hint, if you want to -- therefore, you can wear this anytime, anywhere, any occasion, any season. I wish all sprayers were this well made.

Personally, I'm wayyy past my girlhood, and I wish they hadn't stuck the word "girl" in the name, because this fragrance IMHO isn't extremely youthful. It's sweet, yet it has a very deep, rich, full base -- which puts it into the "any-age-can-wear-this" bracket, for me.

My Poison collection now includes original Poison, Hypnotic Poison, Pure Poison, Midnight Poison (d/c'd), and Poison Girl. I never did like or own the green d/c'd Tendre Poison. Poison Girl is now my favorite of them all, since it's so delicious & also versatile for any occasion, any season -- with Hypnotic Poison second -- also delicious, but mostly Fall-Winter IMHO. I hope Poison Girl never gets discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am not in any way a fragrance expert. To me this smells like Black Opium, Hypnotic Poison and Brittany Spears Fantasy all got mixed together. I actually really like this fragrance but I will not repurchase because I feel it is pricy for what it is.

on 8/21/2016 2:03:00 PM

What a disappointment. Poison Girl opened with a slightly toasted vanilla-almond -- very warm and rich but not too sweet. But as it dried down, it's acquired both a bitter note at the base (kind of like Chance) and a snowballing sweetness. There's an unlit tobacco quality, too. I am not liking this at all, though I had every hope of loving it. My distaste may have been jumpstarted because I was stuck in a plane with it. As I kept sniffing and waiting for the bitter, pseudo-wood (more wet cement) note to run down, the drydown drifted into a powdery vanilla wi/aquatic/stabby undertow. There might well be skin that does this justice, so I'll say YMMV -- Dior is usually a quality house. But sample, don't blind buy. And it's interesting that the release has been confined to very limited venues instead of bursting out all over.

Popular Fragrances