Dior Poison Girl eau de PARFUM

4.3

on 1/2/2018 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

No matter how many perfumes I buy and how many I test.nothing can beat this lovely girl.poison girl is the first,in my top ten favorite fragrances.one of the rare perfumes which I always can use.regardless of occasion,temperature and my mood.
Poison girl is warm,creamy and sweet.right amount of sweetness for me.It's very feminine and while having great longevity and sillage,it also has a softness and feels cuddly.vanilla is the main player here,hand in hand with almond but there's also a hint of rose,orange and something that smells like rice(like the rice note in kenzo amour),though it's not among it's notes and a soft,velvety touch of cashmeran
A lot of people believe that there's nothing unique in it.but after owning +550 perfumes I don't know anything else which smells this comforting and beautiful and make me this happy
All in all dior is among my favorite perfume brands and in poison range,I have and like pure poison,hypnotic poison,hypnotic poison edp,midnight poison and the first poison(mother poison)but poison girl is my favorite.It's delicious and romantic and smooth and simply lovely.
Right now I have two 3.4oz bottles of it(one is half-used)and I'm definitely going to repurchase until they produce it(I cross my fingers so that they don't discontinue it forever)

on 12/7/2017 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Caveats: I am not in the target demographic for Dior or fashion houses or couture or any kind of "aspirational" item. I am firmly and realistically aware of my physical beauty limitations and my budget limitations and my lack of interest in being "on trend" (to say nothing of my age, which is well over 50, which is a whole 'nother issue). On top of that, I am a deal hound and have been one for years. Dior has never applied to deal hounds, which I suspect is at least part of its cachet. OK, I accept the exclusivity aspect.

That said: I visited Macy's recently and wandered through the cosmetics/perfume departments. I spritzed some Poison Girl EDP on myself, having read some favorable MUA and other reviews, and fell in love immediately. Yeah, as an older woman I wish it didn't have "girl" in the name, because for those of us of a certain age that is a derogatory term ("sorry, but not sorry," it is); and yeah, it's not really all *that* different from other scents I own, but the depth and the FANTASTIC longevity - its richness lasts for HOURS - drove me to find the money to buy myself a giftie. I bought the 3.4 oz EDP. I don't throw down that kind of money lightly and this bottle will last me a while, but I will enjoy what I bought and wholeheartedly recommend it. And I love the heft of the bottle, although that is a minor consideration.

I can't speak to whether it belongs in the Dior fragrance canon, because really I don't give a damn about that. What I do know is this is a very pleasant, rich fragrance and I like it a whole lot and deem it worthy of purchase. I enjoy it.

on 10/29/2017 5:31:00 PM

I was reading reviews for Poison Girl on Fragrantica and a lot of them are very deragotory towards this scent saying it shouldnt be in the Poison family etc etc etc. I love this little fragrance. I mean yeah its been done before but that does not detract from what a lovely scent this is. Its a very warm and creamey scent. Like a creamsicle. I can detect the almonds very well. Poison Girl makes me think i have lightly sprinkled myself with rice krispies cocoa puff cereal. I can imagine tinker bell smelling like this while she flits around leaving a lovely trail of orange, roses, vanilla, and almonds. Towards the end of the scent a wonderful, comforting suede like note appears. It is the cashmerean note. I didn't think i was going to detect it but i can. Also, i think the bottle is lovely too. Lovely shades of pinks and reds all coalescing in twists and turns all the way up to the cap of the bottle. An innocent demure lovely scent that should be part of your precious perfume collection.

on 8/19/2017 5:15:00 PM

Sweet but not as interesting as I was hoping. Seems like a safe winter frag I might get when it hits the discount stores in a couple years.

on 8/14/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using C. K. Euphoria for 12 years and really needed a new perfume. I wanted a warm, cozy everyday scent for fall and winter. Aften the first sniff, i fell in love! This scent sits close to the skin on me, but wears for over 12 hours with one spray. The fragrance reminds me of a warm hug mixed with baking goods with cinnemon, vanilla and apple. I know some of these note aren't even in the perfume, but to me is smell like this.. And I feel so loved and safe when I wear this. It's strange. I do think the smell develops nicely over time and stays true throughout. It's not the most complex scent, but It's sweet with an edge. It reminds me of Vera Wang Princess in a way, but a bit darker.

On the oter hand: The packaging is just bad in my opinion. The bottle feels and looks cheap. It's pink, wich really do not suit the scent at all.. I would think yellow or purple would suit it better. And the fact that It's called girl, is almost funny to me. I would never have used this when I thought of myself as a girl.. I'm now 29 and this is a grown up scent, I think. You would also imagine from the ad that this perfume is rich and sensual for going out clubbing, but It's not (on me anyway). The toilette fades rather quickly and the perfume is best to use in daytime. It's lovely, not sexy!

Anyway: When all is said, It's the juice that counts. I don't display my bottles, so it doesn't really matter, but I would never have picket this up by the ad alone, and not by the bottle either. The only reason I stumbled apon this was on a whim, when I wanted a new daytime scent, and sniffed everything at my small boutique. This was one of the last ones I smelled, and really liked it. I've bought this last week and have used it several times already. Will be posting an update later on!

on 5/19/2017 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely gorgeous scent. This has become my everyday scent after receiving a sample when I purchased a dior mascara. I have never tried a dior scent but have repurchased their overcurl mascara for years. I received the Eau de toilette sample and loved it so much I had to get it. I was about to repurchase viva la juicy which I have used as an everyday scent for years however having been introduced to this I have now switched to this. I purchased the Eau de parfum version as I find it to be more intense and lasts longer. Such an addictive sweet scent that is so sexy and feminine.

on 5/16/2017 11:11:00 PM

bought this thinking it would be good for me since i had a sample trial at the pharmacy only to find out its pretty string for me, to the point that its making me really dizzy! it can lasts for ages thou. but the whole time it made me really really dizzy with the strong scent.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells really nice. It's a great anytime fragrance that's well scented but not overly so. The only issue I have is the scent does not appear to last long. It's a light sweetened spicy scent that's lovely.

on 1/3/2017 12:02:00 PM

I am a fan of feminine scents that are more fruity and not flowery and they blend nice with the natural scent of my skin.I received this perfume as a present and despite the fact that the scent is intense and strong,it blends really nice with my skin and it smells fresh and sexy.I wouldn't buy it myself though because it is a bit more expensive than I usually spend for high end perfumes

on 10/26/2016 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The scent is amazing! I've read some mixed reviews about it, with some saying that the scent is too artificial and some saying that they like it, as it smells like vanilla, candy, and all things sweet. I would say that the latter is truer for me. The scent is super sweet, vanilla and caramel were what I detected first. It stayed on for the whole day and wasn't too overwhelming. Overall, I love it. All of Dior's perfumes are amazing, but this one is my favorite. One lippie down for the price, but well, it's Dior :P

Popular Fragrances