BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes - 28 Color Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

Ingredients/Ingrédients / Made in PRC – Total Net Wt / Poids Net 1.58 oz / 44.8 g ℮ (28 Eyeshadow / 28 Ombres à Paupières / 28 Lidschatten) Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, O-Cymen-5-OL. May Contain/Peut Contenir [ /-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035)] WARNING: For external use only. Avoid direct contact with eyes and keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use if signs of irritation or rash appear

Holy pigmentation for $12.50 @ Kohl's!.. Totally blown away by the quality, buttery feel, and pigmentation of these, with no fallout.. If you can't find this anymore at Kohl's,(I got it 2 weeks ago) please order it from their website, you won't be disappointed. These rank above a 4, and I really can't round down, these are really great shadows.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this palette and the many combinations I can choose from. The shimmer is gorgeous and highly pigmented. I love the blendability of these eye shadows. Very pretty. I also use some of the lighter shades as highlighter on my cheek bones and nose. Always a gorgeous shimmer and highlight. The shadows are long lasting when I use with my Kat Von D eye primer. No creasing or fading. I would consider ordering these again. However, BH cosmetics eye shadows last forever! I doubt I will need to order this palette again!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Let start by saying I love the BH eyeshadows!!! I have bought so many pallets and have ended up giving them to my sister as soon as a new one that has my interest comes out! For this foiled eyes I absolutely love!!! I like to apply mine dry just to have that beautiful shimmering effects but applying wet wI'll give you the better foiled look so many want. The colors are gorgous and I recommend the Nude Rose pallets as well compact for traveling and super cute tin case!!!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This was my second ever palette. I got it as a steal on the bh website with a brush set and it was practically free. I really love the colour selection on this palette apart from an ugly greeny gold which could have been switched out for a prettier deeper green. They're all very pigmented and pretty, really easy to blend and make an obre eye look. The packaging isn't amazing but i prefer good product and cheap packaging so it doesn't cost as much. If a pan falls out you can just glue it back in and its all good. This palette has practically every simple shimmery eyeshadow you need and i love the two bronze colours on the bottom right.

The price is great for such good quality eyeshadow and i'd really suggest this to anyone wanting an affordable shimmery eyeshadow palette. I'd suggest waiting for a sale on the website before buying as they always have different steals online.

I purchased the Foil Eyes palette on a whim, as the colors look gorg. First off, the price is awesome. I believe I paid $12- great for a 28 shade palette. The colors- there is a variety of brights and neutrals, making it a great, versatile palette. They are super pigmented, and blend like a dream-so easy. The colors also stay super pigmented and wear well all day. I've created so many gorgeous eye looks with this, and am complimented on it frequently. It has become my daily wear, go-to palette. I especially adore that there isn't a ton of powder fallout, a common complaint I have with my Stila and Naked Palettes. I recommend.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like most the shadows themselves when applied wet . but all my pans fall out of the actual packaging itself! there is so much product for what you pay that I don't think I'll ever have to repurchase

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'll start by saying that a halo placement or ombre effect (darker shade on outer half, lighter on inner) with two-three colors is about as fancy as it gets for me. I am both lazy and inept when it comes to eyeshadow despite my love for the variety of shades out there. Most days I just do an all-over wash of color with a shimmer or duochrome. This palette is therefore quite perfect for me, but there's definitely room for creativity.

I'm used to using indie shadows (loose or pressed myself) and apply most of those with a dampened, flat concealer brush. I do the same with this palette and the results are awesome -- full pigmentation, creamy texture, no fall out, and no creasing over primer. The variety of shades is amazing and I love that even the darker shades aren't boring/redundant. Some of them are surprisingly complex and there's a decent mix of cool and warm, neutral and bright. The reason I don't typically buy palettes is that there are usually several shades I have no use for which kind of defeats the purpose and seems wasteful. I could see myself using all of these at some point, however, and at the price point I won't feel bad if I don't!

The packaging is quite clunky and "meh," so I depotted the shades I knew I'd use a lot (well over half of them) and put them in a Z-Palette. That said, I did not have any issues with pans falling out, and during depotting they seemed quite secured so maybe they have remedied the situation after feedback. I think I paid around $10 which is incredible for a palette that finally fits all my needs.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Application: Definitely apply these with a wet brush or fingers. I find that these fade pretty quickly when I don't use one of those techniques, and it takes several brush strokes to build pigmentation.

Color range: Great. However, most are cool-toned. I have olive skin, so I wish I had noted that... I usually like to work some warmth into my crease and use these shadows on my lid and inner corner (occasionally outer V) unless I'm doing a smoky eye when I use these.

Staying power: These blend beautifully but often I find any intricate blending I do becomes muddy (not in an unattractive way, they just melt into one another so any gradient effect is sadly lost). However, with a primer and the correct application, they actually last better than my (one) MUG shimmer shadow (the name escapes me, but it's purple with brown undertones).

Feel/texture: These swatch well and are pigmented, but are not as buttery as you'd expect a foiled shadow to be. These are about on par with the butteriness of the shimmer shades in the Maybelline Nudes palette. The shimmer shadows in the Carli Bybel palette are much more buttery.

Packaging: This is not a deal breaker for me, but the packaging is definitely not going to last my slap-happy self. I will be putting my favorites in a Z palette for sure. The pans are not magnetic so I have been trying to dig up the magnet stickers that came with my first Z.

Overall: If you want to expand your shimmer shadow collection on the quick and on the cheap, this is worth the money. I've had it for almost a month and have used it quite a bit. I generally prefer mattes, so I didn't want to splurge on a high-end product that I'd only use when I wanted some "fun colors".

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

ok so this palette is beautiful. the colors have a good range and for the most part are really pigmented with the exception of a couple. my biggest gripe is the packaging. all the pots came out the palette the glue used was a major fail

Ok folks, I'm gonna lay some truth on you. I was a tad skeptical about this product. Any eyeshadow that claims to truly be a foiled finish has some big shoes to fill. However, I was not at all disappointed by this palette. I purchased this along with the Carli Bybel Palette (which I'll also review, and spoiler alert: it's reeeeeally good) in an online order. Without further ado, let's jump into the deep end of foil-ey goodness!

So let's start with the positives. Firstly, it's an EXCELLENT price. I purchased it for $12 usd. And to my Canadian brothers and sisters, it's still extremely reasonable even with the exchange rate.
Secondly, the quality is really lovely. The shadows are smooth, pigmented, VERY shimmery, and long lasting. What more could you ask for? Thirdly, the shadows are vegan and paraben free. Yahtzee! And my final point, which is a lovely bonus tidbit, they are VERY thorough with their packaging. Everything was carefully wrapped so nothing would shatter or break. SO nice to see!

Ok, let's check out some negatives. There are some, but they are few and far between. Firstly, there is talc in these. It isn't an issue for me personally because my eyes aren't sensitive, but this may be problematic for some. Secondly, the packaging is so-so. The outer packaging is pretty sturdy, but the inner slot for the shadows is a tad flimsy, and I've noticed that some of the shadow pans are beginning to come unglued.

In summary, I very much enjoy this palette, and would highly recommend it. I will definitely be purchasing more from BH in the future!