MAC So Select

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really this lipstick! A dusty rose, beautiful reddish brown but a little grayish I think. Long lasting enough, I wear it about 5-6 hour with drinking and eat ramen but it stays!! The texture is matte but still comfotrable. I wont' review the packaging because I think everyone already know it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

You have to be a member of MAC's Select program in order to be able to purchase this color. The program doesn't cost anything. It's rather like a loyalty program. There are three tiers. Seduced is their entry tier. Once you spend $150 in a calendar year your status becomes "Devoted"; at $500 your status changes to Obsessed. You get a free sample with every purchase. All of your purchases online count toward your status. This exclusive limited edition color was the first of the perks to Select members. It is priced at $17 USD (no different than their normal lipstick). Right off the bat I purchased 2 tubes when this launched, sight unseen with no reviews on MAC's website. It is a dirty rose mauve color. The closest other color I would compare this too is their Whirl color (but Whirl in the pencil, not Whirl in the lipstick). It is a matte formulation. I have to be honest, I find their matte formulations to be a bit drying. I've found a good countermeasure from the dryness by wearing MAC's Prep + Prime lip base. This way the color does last, and it doesn't dry my lips. Previously I would do a light layer of a balm or Chap-stick prior to application which really shortened the wear time. This is obviously not a transfer-proof lipstick. It is MAC's tried and true matte formula. It gives a flat finish with no shine to the lips. For liner recommendations, I would suggest Whirl or Plum. For a more '90s grunge look, you can use Stone lip pencil. I believe Stone is only available at the MAC stores (not counters in department stores) and also on their www.maccosmetics.com website. I'm really glad that I purchased two tubes so I can have a backup when I run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So Select is a dirty rose shade that is available to you once you sign in to MAC's new rewards type program (MAC Select I think it i called) on their website (as of me doing this review). First, thanks to JunoMcGuff for her review and bringing this shade to my attention. I had not heard of it before her review. And when I went to the MAC site, I didn't even have the option to order this until I logged into my account.

So Select is described as a dirty rose on the MAC website. It is more pink plum, less brown than Whirl. It is not as pink as Mehr & a bit darker in richness than Mehr. On my nw20, deep winter complexion that pulls out orange / brown tones in any shade that has them (in a bad way), this does skew slightly into that orange looking area, but only in certain lights. If you don't have my orange problem, you think this sounds insane. If you do have my issue, you totally get it. On most people this looks like a heavenly MLBB, rosey neutral kind of shade (definitely see Kylie Jenner influences in the development of this shade). Out of Mehr, Whirl and this, I look best in this shade and I think it is due to the slightly mauvey plum undertone. Mehr went straight up orange on me and Whirl looked like Aztec clay on me. So Select looks like a lovely daily, office appropriate, no brainer shade. I added some pics to show how they compare. Not my skin shown here.

UPDATE: I added a pic of So Select (left side) & Cream in Your Coffee (right side) on my Nw20 skin that pulls out orange in shades(so they may look a bit more orange than how they look on you). Color wise they seem quite similar.

FYI- For those that don't get the orange thing. I have a friend who is about nc25 Spring, what ever I put on that looks orange or brownish on me, is a gorgeous pink on her (MAC Modesty, UD Naked, etc). Something in my skin just messes these gorgeous shades up on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is so totally like the color I wore my junior and senior years of high school but way better! It's like a deeper matte version of Twig. It's the first matte lipstick I've owned so we'll see if it dries my lips out but I love the color and finish. MAC calls it a "dirty rose" which is pretty accurate description. This is the perfect fall color but I like it so much and it suits my NC15 skin so well that I'll be wearing it this Spring.