Josie Maran Cosmetics Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid

Josie Maran Cosmetics Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid

3.1

Coconut Alkanes**, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate**, Polyhydroxystearic Acid**, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice**, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite**, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate**, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate**, Lecithin**, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate**, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate**, Shea Butter Ethyl Esters**, Tocopherol**, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract**, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract**, Hexyldecanol, Bisabolol, Cetylhydroxyproline Palmitamide, Stearic Acid**, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols**, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract**, Squalane**, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride**, Behenyl Behenate**, Tribehenin, Glycerin**, Glyceryl Caprylate**. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). *Organic **Natural.

on 8/7/2018 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this foundation. The shade match is perfect (I'm in RG10 Supernatural). The packaging is so aesthetically appealing to me. I wanted to love it, but I just don't.

Can I get this product to work? Sure. But I dread using it. I prefer to use either a beauty sponge or my fingers to apply foundation. I've tried both of those methods with this particular foundation, as well as using a foundation brush. The only way that I even kind of like the finish of this is if I apply a layer with my fingers, then apply a second layer over the top with a beauty sponge (a method which results in medium-coverage.) If I use just a beauty blender then this stuff sheers out to the coverage of a BB cream. If I just use my fingers, it's a streaky mess. But this foundation doesn't really layer well either. It's hard to work with & difficult to make it look good.

This product transfers like crazy. I don't expect any product that I use to be completely transfer-proof. But with this, when I talk on my cell phone & take it away from my cheek, it looks like all the foundation I used that day rubbed off onto the screen protector. I've never had a foundation transfer this badly. I always have to set this with a powder or else it creases & stays sticky feeling, so any "vibrant" or glowy finish is mattified.

There's no smell. The pump works beautifully. It's not so terrible that I can't even use it, so I'll be able to finish this bottle up. Still, I don't think it's worth the $45.00. Sadly, I won't be repurchasing.

on 7/7/2018 10:05:00 AM

I bought this after getting a sample from Mecca. I wasn’t interested in buying a foundation at all before the sample, but simply had to after I tried it. This is a beautiful foundation. The sample I got was the fourth shade and it gave such a brightening healthy glow. I was matched to the second shade (10) in store which is my correct shade and I believe it to be less yellow than the sample. The colour is still healthy and brightening, it’s really what I wanted from Nars sheer glow except that formula wasn’t good for me (for reference I was the shade Siberia and the Vibrancy foundation in 10 is the equivalent shade but a bit less yellow). I’m also an Nc10 in Mac studio fix fluid and this is slightly darker and slightly more yellow.

If you have dry skin this is perfect. I finally understand what people get out of “dewy” foundations - a healthy glow that doesn’t turn into an oily sweaty mess. I live in Australia and our weather can be rough but this stays put and doesn’t get oily or sweaty, which is rare for me. I have dry skin, but everybody sweats and it can turn foundation pretty ugly pretty quickly. This doesn’t seem to be affected by heat and wears very well. I’m actually surprised at that, as even matte foundations tend to get shiny throughout the day but this really held its composure.

I think the Argan oil is good for my skin too. I find I can even skip moisturising as long as my skin isn’t too dry on that particular day. It’s very gentle and doesn’t clog pores, cause breakouts or feel heavy or itchy. I trust it on my bare skin. It’s a really good foundation and I’ll probably buy it again.

EDIT: After wearing it more, I find this looks best with a shearer application. The coverage is still quite good, but it really helps with the texture issues I’ve had. I also think I should have gone down a shade - while I wanted it a bit darker to look healthier it’s very obvious unless I blend well down the neck. Only mentioning that for people looking to match shades to other lines. I maintain it’s about Nars Siberia, but definitely darker than Nc10. I’ll probably try the 5 next and update with a colour comparison (hoping it’s not pink). Also a reviewer below said hers oxidised quite badly. I didn’t find this with the 10.

on 7/3/2018 5:54:00 PM

I love this foundation; it’s light to medium coverage, and gives me a natural dewy finish. I usually wear it in the fall and winter when my skin is dry; in the summer my combination skin needs a primer with this foundation or I get too shiny. I’m surprised this doesn’t have a higher rating because the finish it gives is so beautiful. I always get compliments on my skin when I wear this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

For reference my skin is combo normal, semi mature and its winter. Vibrancy gives light/medium coverage with a skin-like, lightly powdered matte glowy finish. Has a tendency to cakes and emphasize texture ALOT so best to stick to one lighter layer and perhaps use a hydrating toner/facial spray after to take down the powdery texture.

I don't find it moisturising or drying. Although it is one of those foundations I constantly am aware of, as it gives a slightly itching/pulling mask-like feeling, so its not the most comfortable.

Unfortunately, it oxidises badly so its unwearable. At least on my fair skin it looks ridiculous. Perhaps if you have medium skin you wouldn't notice? Anyway, I got the lightest, RG5, and within half an hour it oxidises two shades darker orange. A few other reviewers here experienced this also.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried a LOT of foundations and this is the only one I've ever gone back to. It's full coverage, blends easily, and it's great for dry skin. It can transfer a bit but I find that happens with every foundation regardless. I'll never understand why people complain about "transferring" when makeup is supposed to come off, and this is not a long wearing, matte foundation. It doesn't come off easily for me, even in summer and if I sleep in my makeup (bad I know) but that may be because my skin is on the drier side and I use a good primer. I often get compliments when I wear this because it makes my skin look flawless and glowy but not oily. My friend who didn't believe that high end brands were better quality went and bought this after she tried mine! I don't understand the bad reviews for this foundation, it's amazing... It clearly states that it contains argan oil, so don't complain if it makes your face oily, in that case it clearly isn't suited to your skin type. This definitely isn't suitable for those with oily/combination skin, so always consider your skin type before buying foundation. This is definitely superior to NARS Sheer Glow in my eyes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It’s a good foundation if you don’t want a lot of coverage and it definitely moisturize dry skin so that’s a plus. But the staying power of that foundation is honeslty awful. You could apply it, turn your back to grab your mascara and bam there’s nothing on your face left. The reason why I gave it 3 stars is because I mixed it with a little bit of the dermacol foundation and it stayed well and added coverage. But on its own I have a lot of trouble to keep it in place during the whole day.

on 3/11/2018 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to love this as I’m definitely the target audience. My skin is dry all year round. I was delighted to find a color match to my super pale skin too. Unfortunately, this foundation just didn’t work for me. When applied lightly it gave a beautiful glow and was very moisturizing but gave zero coverage. Adding another layer for more coverage just made it look cakey and emphasized every textural issue I have. Like so many others have mentioned it never really sets and transfers terribly. In the end it was a hard pass for me.

on 1/18/2018 1:28:00 PM

I'm surprised by the low reviews on this foundation. I have extremely sensitive skin and I break out super easy. This not only makes my face feel very soft, even after taking it off, it also seems to clear up my adult acne. The color match Juicy RG50 was a perfect match for my light/medium skin tone, and I have both pink and yellow undertones. Very happy with this foundation, which is super unusual for me. I find the best way to apply is to put a little on with a foundation brush, and then kindof press it into my skin with my fingers. A little goes a long way, and it has a very natural finish, with good coverage.

on 1/8/2018 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the first foundations I've ever tried, and I believe the second non-drugstore foundation I've ever used. I bought it after finding a raving review of it on Youtube. Did not have a good first experience with it, but after about 3 weeks of using it and learning how to apply it to my face so it looks nice, it's become one of my go-to foundations.

First, Applying it to my skin with a brush wasn't very good at all. Maybe it was the primer I used, but it slid around my face and the finish was long past the dewy finish it promises; I looked like I had smeared a stick of butter across my face. I tried powdering it to make it less shiny - which worked, but unfortunately made it look very heavy. Took it off right away and set it aside, deciding at that moment that maybe it just was one of the foundations that doesn't look good on my skin.

However, I really wanted this to work. After paying $45 for this product, I wasn't satisfied with letting it sit on my vanity to eventually move down to my cabinet, which serves as a graveyard of rejected make up. A few days later I tried again, this time using my Real Techniques sponge. I was pleasantly surprised with how nicely this applied using the sponge. It did give me the dewy finish, it didn't look heavy anywhere, and it covered what I want covered. Imagine my breath of relief when I realized that I wouldn't have to toss $45 into a reject pile.

As for how it holds up throughout the day, it transfers. Very very easily. Wiping something off of your face will likely wipe it off, and even lightly touching your face transfers a tiny bit (I've mastered the art of tapping my cheeks to itch them, thanks to wearing this). At the end of the day when I wipe it off I do find that the perimeter of my face seems to have worn off, likely due to my hair constantly lightly rubbing against it, but nothing major. I didn't find any major creasing either.

I would definitely recommend this foundation for anyone else who has dry skin. It left a dewy finish and looked very smooth, however if you're looking for something transfer-proof, this would be a pass.

on 1/5/2018 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Don't understand why this has such low ratings, especially with people from dry skin
Finding a foundation for dry, acne prone skin is super hard for me yet this one pretty much topped the cake!
Leaves my skin looking so radiant and really glowy, whilst providing light coverage
It doesn't make my skin break out like crazy and lasts all day (providing you put setting powder)

Would recommend