Josie Maran Cosmetics Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid

Josie Maran Cosmetics Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid

Coconut Alkanes**, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate**, Polyhydroxystearic Acid**, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice**, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite**, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate**, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate**, Lecithin**, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate**, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate**, Shea Butter Ethyl Esters**, Tocopherol**, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract**, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract**, Hexyldecanol, Bisabolol, Cetylhydroxyproline Palmitamide, Stearic Acid**, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols**, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract**, Squalane**, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride**, Behenyl Behenate**, Tribehenin, Glycerin**, Glyceryl Caprylate**. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). *Organic **Natural.

on 3/11/2018 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to love this as I’m definitely the target audience. My skin is dry all year round. I was delighted to find a color match to my super pale skin too. Unfortunately, this foundation just didn’t work for me. When applied lightly it gave a beautiful glow and was very moisturizing but gave zero coverage. Adding another layer for more coverage just made it look cakey and emphasized every textural issue I have. Like so many others have mentioned it never really sets and transfers terribly. In the end it was a hard pass for me.

on 1/18/2018 1:28:00 PM

I'm surprised by the low reviews on this foundation. I have extremely sensitive skin and I break out super easy. This not only makes my face feel very soft, even after taking it off, it also seems to clear up my adult acne. The color match Juicy RG50 was a perfect match for my light/medium skin tone, and I have both pink and yellow undertones. Very happy with this foundation, which is super unusual for me. I find the best way to apply is to put a little on with a foundation brush, and then kindof press it into my skin with my fingers. A little goes a long way, and it has a very natural finish, with good coverage.

on 1/8/2018 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the first foundations I've ever tried, and I believe the second non-drugstore foundation I've ever used. I bought it after finding a raving review of it on Youtube. Did not have a good first experience with it, but after about 3 weeks of using it and learning how to apply it to my face so it looks nice, it's become one of my go-to foundations.

First, Applying it to my skin with a brush wasn't very good at all. Maybe it was the primer I used, but it slid around my face and the finish was long past the dewy finish it promises; I looked like I had smeared a stick of butter across my face. I tried powdering it to make it less shiny - which worked, but unfortunately made it look very heavy. Took it off right away and set it aside, deciding at that moment that maybe it just was one of the foundations that doesn't look good on my skin.

However, I really wanted this to work. After paying $45 for this product, I wasn't satisfied with letting it sit on my vanity to eventually move down to my cabinet, which serves as a graveyard of rejected make up. A few days later I tried again, this time using my Real Techniques sponge. I was pleasantly surprised with how nicely this applied using the sponge. It did give me the dewy finish, it didn't look heavy anywhere, and it covered what I want covered. Imagine my breath of relief when I realized that I wouldn't have to toss $45 into a reject pile.

As for how it holds up throughout the day, it transfers. Very very easily. Wiping something off of your face will likely wipe it off, and even lightly touching your face transfers a tiny bit (I've mastered the art of tapping my cheeks to itch them, thanks to wearing this). At the end of the day when I wipe it off I do find that the perimeter of my face seems to have worn off, likely due to my hair constantly lightly rubbing against it, but nothing major. I didn't find any major creasing either.

I would definitely recommend this foundation for anyone else who has dry skin. It left a dewy finish and looked very smooth, however if you're looking for something transfer-proof, this would be a pass.

on 1/5/2018 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Don't understand why this has such low ratings, especially with people from dry skin
Finding a foundation for dry, acne prone skin is super hard for me yet this one pretty much topped the cake!
Leaves my skin looking so radiant and really glowy, whilst providing light coverage
It doesn't make my skin break out like crazy and lasts all day (providing you put setting powder)

Would recommend

on 11/19/2017 7:03:00 PM

Ugh, this stuff felt like grease paint - could not wait to get it off my face.

on 11/15/2017 2:41:00 PM

I'll start with the positives :) As others have mentioned the look of the packaging is gorgeous. It goes on so light and builds really nicely. The smell is nice enough and I find that it is great for dry skin as it is very moisturizing. After about an hour of wearing it though it becomes so cakey and spotty. I would look in the mirror and find that there were patches on my skin where the foundation seemed to accumulate. It made my skin feel sweaty after awhile. The pump for my bottle actually broke and when I told Sephora they basically said that it's common with that foundation (wtf?). The absolute worst thing for me is how EASILY it transfers....this alone is worth never ever buying again. Anything my face would even remotely brush up against would then have foundation on it. I'm very pale and my husband has dark brown skin and even a little peck would result in him having white foundation around his mouth (definitely not his shade ;)) and same thing with my daughter, any snuggles would leave her covered with foundation. I won't even get started on my jackets/clothes that got foundation all over it....Unfortunately this was a big miss for me.

on 11/15/2017 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I agree with others, the packaging is super nice. beautiful. When first applied it gives a nice finish, but after an hour it settles into tiny wrinkles I never knew having, and oxidates to orange. After 3 hours, it is gone.
it does moisturize, but that is all.

The best! G55 I won’t stray from it. Dewy...perfect shade...I love I love it!

on 6/20/2017 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very dry skin. I was colour matched to RG20 which is slightly too dark on my skin (midway between Mac NC15 - 20) but works fine because it's a nice warm shade, and my face is lighter than my body anyway. It applies beautifully initially, very smooth and easy to blend and looks incredible to start with. Very dewy and glowy. It then settles to a semi-matte finish with not really any dewiness or glow evident. I would love it if it stayed how it looks when first applied - all nice and glowy. It has zero lasting power, unfortunately. It's a light-medium coverage but the pigment does even out the complexion nicely initially until it disappears. If it had more staying power I would really like it but the fact that it's not is a real deal breaker for me. Wouldn't repurchase or recommend if you want lasting coverage.

on 7/5/2017 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Went to Sephora and asked first SA to talk to me to find me a liquid foundation with a dewy finish that wouldn't sink into fine lines and pores and make me look even older than my 57 years. She put some gizmo up to my face and ten seconds later pulled out a bottle of this foundation in "Euphoric" RG20 (I'm NC25 or thereabouts). Well, the texture is nice and it does leave a dewy finish, and the shade is a very good match for me, not too pink or yellow. Coverage is light to medium and buildable, to an extent. I found that it did sink into lines and wrinkles, not the worst offender that I've seen, but enough that I know this isn't my HG mature skin foundation. It also lacks any sunscreen, which I don't like. In the summer time, my combination skin is just oily enough to do without a layer of hydration under my foundation.

On to the next.