Blistex DCT for lips - Daily Conditioning Treatment SPF 20

Blistex DCT for lips - Daily Conditioning Treatment SPF 20

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.3% Sunscreen, Oxybenzone 4.5% Sunscreen, Petrolatum 54.86% Skin Protectant. Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camphor, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Euphoria Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Flavor, Lanolin, Menthol, Meradimate, Ozokerite, Phenol, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Saccharin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Zea Mays (Corn) Oil.

on 7/15/2016 3:08:00 AM

I have one on my dresser, one in my purse, one in my cosmetic bag - so needless to say, I love this product. I especially get good results when I apply it before bed. I wake up to beautiful, supple lips that are lipstick ready. And - important to slather some on before taking a hot shower, since your lips can dehydrate. Fan for life!

I absolutely love this daily conditioning treatment. I've used since elementary school and now I'm brining it to college with me. I loved its older packaging; it also contained more lip product: .38-ounce as opposed to its current amount:.25-ounce. I was very disappointed with the packaging but nonetheless it does shy away from the fact that this is an amazing lip treatment. It will leave you lips feeling super soft and hydrated and the smell is wonderful, it doesn't smell so much like medicated lip treatments. Would always repurchase.

To Read all 247 Reviews, Login or Join

I liked using Carmex for SEVERELY chapped lips but I feel that is about all its good for. I learned that Carmex contains more acid to almost dissolve that dead layer of chapped skin on your lips. So that explained why after continuing use after I felt relief (for protection against the cold winter I figure its necessary) that my lips got really tight, thin skinned and slightly dry again and prone to cracking. I now use Carmex for only the period where my lips are really awfully chapped. Afterwards THIS is what I use. The Daily Condition Treatment name says it all. Granted I've only been using it for about a week now but I am finding this so much better for daily use than any other product I've used. I can apply it as many times as I like a day and I don't experience and negative side effects from over use. I live in Edmonton, AB and it is REALLY dry and cold so I can apply this upwards of 10 times a day sometimes and my lips are so soft. I highly recommend it. The pot is a little inconvenient for some people but I don't really mind it at all.

on 7/2/2015 9:09:00 AM

This product saved my lips. I was on the hunt for something low maintenance. My lips were dry, cracked and peeling and it was so embarrassing. I tried at home oil treatments and all kinds of naturism scrubs but nothing worked. I decided to try this based on reviews and it is the only product that has ever worked for me. I don't find myself needing to reapply much. In comparison I used to have to carry my chapstick with me everywhere I went. I do still feel like my lips could be moisturizers more but not sure what else can get me there. I love that this has SPF in it as well.

on 3/27/2015 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this little lip balm pot...it's been around forever but lately I can't find it anywhere except CVS. A lot of people don't like lip balm in a jar but I prefer it... I just make sure I wash my hands before I use it. This contains SPF which I guess is good but I really couldn't care less about that unless I'm at the pool or doing yard work in the summer. I like it because it goes on smooth, not gritty or waxy. My lips look great when I use this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

For fear of sounding overdramatic, I really disliked this stuff. Blistex's Medex is my favorite potted lip balm (which means it stays at home), so I figured I'd give this a whirl. DCT ended up making my lips feel sore and when I wore it under my lipsticks, they would ball up, which I've never experienced. I had to reapply regularly so my lips wouldn't be dry, so it was a vicious cycle. Thankfully, this is an inexpensive product, so I know to avoid it now with my wallet hurting.

on 12/13/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Standard lip balm. Works well for night time use. I would repurchase because it doesn't dry my lips out. I keep on my nightstand. Can be found almost anywhere.

*HG* I've been using this for about 20 years. I've tried dozens of others, but this is the one I keep coming back to. It stays on long enough to moisturize (unlike Kiehl's, Yes to Carrots, Soft Lips) and doesn't dry out my lips like the longer-wearing wax-based balms (chapstick, burt's bees, eos, rosebud, nivea).

Goes on slightly glossy, but leaves my lips feeling plump and protected even after the initial gloss subsides. SPF 20, smells subtly of vanilla but nothing obtrusive, and works nicely as a cuticle cream in a pinch. Love it.

on 8/1/2014 5:54:00 AM

I recently started using this again and noticed that my lips became even drier and more cracked so I googled the product and came across some pages saying that there is a drying agent in some lip products and that they can become addictive http://www.lipbalmanonymous.com/category/industry/blistex/
it's funny that when I used to use this product years ago I also had really painful cracked lips. It could be a coincidence. I'll stop using it and find out if my lips improve. It's supposed to take a while after stopping using it for your lips to improve.
i just looked at the ingredients list on the container and it says that it conatins the following drying agents: menthol and candelilla cera (which I believe is wax).
What works best for me is actually l'oreal's Glamshine 6hr gloss in fuchsia obsession. It's not a lip balm but keeps my lips soft and moisturised.
So I just put some aloe vera gel on my lips as they were really painful and then the gloss. Hopefully my lips will be in better shape soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Lip saving product! Lasts a very long time on my lips and it works! It just plain works!

Popular Lip Treatments