L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique Cushion Dewy Glow Foundation

3.5

on 9/19/2018 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This nude magique cushion foundation by L’Oréal was very sticky, very pale and more ££ than I normally spend on products (as I’m a discount makeup freak.)

I did buy it a slight discount from cosmeticsfairy.co.uk but this didn’t really soften the blow. I didn’t even get as far as using it on my face as I just know it would’ve resulted in an acne breakout, and it has less coverage than a cc cream. I’m sorry but NO!

watch me swatch it in the following video from my YouTube channel:

Just search for Ayish Zone on youtube :)

on 5/6/2018 6:05:00 AM

PROS:
- lightweight
- sheer, but definately buildable coverage
- lasts for a good 7 hours on my skin
- dewy, luminous finish
- nice package, travel-friendly!

CONS:
- it's a bit pricey considering you get only 14,6g of product

on 9/12/2017 10:38:00 PM

One of the best foundations I have ever used, on my 2nd one. Goes on so easily, smoothly and my skin looks flawless when I use it, and it last pretty much all day with a moisturiser underneath and a power on top.
Only downside it, it lasts me not much longer than 3-4 weeks. I wish they had this foundation in a bottle so it would last me longer and I wouldn't have to worry about using it and worrying about it running out.
I would purchase it again though, despite how quickly it runs out

on 5/22/2017 11:48:00 AM

I love it, the only thing is that it dries down super quick....

on 12/24/2016 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Having oily skin I must admit this was a surprise. Lovely dewy (not shiny/oily) finish that is buildable to medium coverage. Lasts approx 8 hours with powder and setting spray. Only down side it price to content for a drugstore foundation, and no separate refill available.

on 12/24/2016 5:01:00 AM

It is very sheer, if you are looking for foundation with high coverage, do not buy this, this is for good skin. The Packaging is plastic, not that good. but it is ok for me, I don't care about packaging. I don'tthink it is a long lasting foundation, and it is few product than normal bottle foundation. Overall, it is ok, but not that impressed with this one. Will not repurchase recently.

on 8/5/2016 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Positives;
Really like this foundation as it is lightweight, easy to use and produces a very very natural finish. It doesn't even feel like I'm wearing foundation! I love that it is so easy to use as well with the sponge pad provided. Coverage is light to medium and it's suitable for people who don't have many blemishes or scars who want to even their skintone and to look fresh. Dewy finish which I use powder to slightly reduce the dewiness.

The negatives are;
I've been using this for about 2 months now and it feels like it's running out already, I have to proper press down to get the product on to the pad :( ... I have washed the sponge pad probably about 4 times now and when you squeeze the edges, so much white gunk comes out through the holes...seriously, try it...it's gross and quite off-putting! I wish they have puffs which I can purchase separately.

Overall, if they can sell the pads separately and prolong the product then it would be great! Other than that I love the colour (I'm 03), the finish and application of this foundation! Price is £14.99 but I bought it for £10 on offer, think it's reasonable but should contain more product inside!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well, this one works for my dry skin. As a matter of fact, this is by far one the best drugstore foundations I've ever used. I tend to use a good moisturizer first, then a primer, and once it dries a bit I apply the foundation with a RT brush or beauty blender.

It gives a light (but totally buildable) coverage, doesn't flake or dry my skin at all, leaving it smooth and evenly covered. I like it how it looks "nude" and natural, giving just a hint of healthy glow. Normally I struggle with foundation looking flaky on my already some-dry patches (around the nose and chin), but this beauty doesn't do any of that! thumbs up

P.S. have you seen the packaging?? Sooo pretty.

I honestly don't think this foundation is worth the rave. I bought it because I was just curious about it and everyone was talking about it, but I was left disappointed.
Yes it did feel really nice on the skin, it was that sticky, it settle in nicely at the start and the coverage is medium but definitely buildable.
It is definitely not long lasting, after about 3-4 hours, it became patchy and it was creasing in my laughing lines.
My skin tone is quite pale and the foundation was too dark for me in the first place, but I didn't realise until I put it on for the first time.
Since it isn't in a bottle it really doesn't last long. I think it lasted me about 2 months and I wore it everyday (because I had no other foundation) and that isn't long for a foundation.
Also I really don't like the packaging, it's so unhygienic and I don't even know why I kept using it.
I will not be repurchasing this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was all over this foundation when it first came out - snatched it right out from a shelf at the airport duty free (we get things a couple of months after the rest of UK here in Scotland sometimes) and I was VERY keen to try it, to the extent that as there were no test esters available I bought 2 colours 01 and 03 sight unseen.

Lots of people complain about the packaging but I got a sunscreen in the same formula (way too pale and sparkly) from a very expensive Korean brand and the packaging is pretty much exactly the same. Just in case I've kept my plastic sticker still attached, despite the flip top cover that should, in theory protect the content from drying out.

My biggest gripe with this product is a waxy sheen it produces on the skin. I've tried to apply it with a Beauty Blender, several different stippling brushes, a flat foundation brush, a sponge... The result is the same - virtually no coverage and a sweaty, plastic sheen on my dry and dehydrated skin. Also all the tools are pretty much impossible to clean! Like it does not come off even with soap and water, the brushes and sponges have to be washed multiple times!

It is supposed to have spf 29 so I'll use all my three sponges (I have since bought a bronzing version which I actually like but I mainly use it to de-pale the 01 shade, otherwise I look like a wax death mask) this summer but I will not repurchase. So far it did not give me any spots, so at least that.

As to the people complaining about it running out quickly, one of my favourite YouTubers, Anna from Anna's Edit (formerly Viviannadoesmakeup) gave a very good tip - grab the sponge with the tweezers and turn it to the other side, you'll get some more mileage out of it that way.