L'Oreal Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
L'Oreal Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

3.8

AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM. AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM.

on 4/27/2018 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried so many shampoos. High end and drugstore. I have a lot of fine and slightly wavy hair. My roots tend to get oily while my ends are normal to dry. I do color my hair. I decided to try this shampoo. I’m glad I did. I’m on my 3 bottle and I hardly repurchase the same shampoo. The shampoo can leave my hair feeling a little dry in the shower. I use another more moisturizing conditioner from LOreal. When my hair is dry,my hair feels soft. Not frizzy or dried out. My roots stay normal. I can go 2 days without washing my hair. That’s saying a lot. I’ll continue to repurchase

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Elvive's Citrus.CR shampoo for oily hair was my holy grail shampoo for years, until it discontinued. It had a refreshing scent, gave extra volume to my hair and really cleaned off the excess oil from my scalp. I'm really sad Elvive got rid of it. But of course I wanted to try their new shampoo for oily hair and got this, although I didn't have much hope.

I have flaking skin on my t-zone and it's on the oily side too. I use a clay mask on that area once a week. So when I saw 'clay' in this shampoo I thought it would do a good job cleaning the dandruff, just like my clay masks do on my t-zone. I wasn't wrong on that. But I also thought...clay masks don't really do anything on how oily my t-zone is. I can't generalize but for me personally imagine all the ingredients that clean off the excess oil like acidic stuff, alcohol, etc out of all, clay always did the poorest job. I would have my t-zone oil-free for MINUTES and then the oil would come back. This shampoo did exactly that on my scalp. With the Citrus.CR shampoo I could go days without washing my hair and still have volume and unless I touched my hair, my scalp wouldn't be THAT oily. With this clay shampoo the volume isn't even close to the result of Citrus.CR and the oil comes back pretty fast. I didn't like the scent either.

I expect three things in a shampoo: give volume, control the oil on my scalp as much as possible, good scent. Sadly, this shampoo didn't provide any of that.

on 11/17/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Where have you been all my life?!? My scalp is oily but my hair ends to be a bit dry due to the chemical processing and blow drying, etc. My scalp is totally oil free for nearly two days when I use this line. It does not make my ends feel drier. I do have frizz issues regardless of what I use (curly, fine hair). I can deal/combat frizz with other products but I hate using a shampoo or conditioner that makes me oilier or worse...greasy. This has been a God send. When I have time, I also use the mask in this line.

on 11/13/2017 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shampoo was made for my hair! I have a lot of straight, fine hair that’s naturally very oily (12 hours after washing it’s normally a greasy mess). With this shampoo, I can go all day without my scalp looking like a grease pit and it doesn’t weigh my hair down. It’s a miracle! I can also get away with washing my hair less (1 day, not a full 2 days). I feel and notice a visible difference in my hair whenever I use this. It doesn’t dry my hair out, either.

on 10/25/2017 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my back-up shampoo. The Aussie Moist is still my favorite- but this is close behind that.

Helps with oily roots (at least doesn't make them worse!), does not dry out my hair, and lathers easily. Cleans well.
Would repurchase if needed

Edit: I'm going to stick to my Aussie moist shampoo. Still the best. I won't be purchasing this again- not a bad shampoo, just not better in my opinion than Aussie

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I've been searching for a shampoo that will clean my roots properly without drying my scalp and hair out, and this is THE ONE. I used to have normal hair but it all changed after having kids. I found if I used shampoos that were slightly on the nourishing side, or didn't blow dry my hair completely my roots tended get oily again within the same day. It made me feel a lot happier not having to disguise greasy hair that's less than a day old. My wallet will love it too cos it's a supermarket product!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to try this shampoo to see if it would help with my hair which gets greasy by the evening but I was hesitant to purchase because I did not want it to dry out my hair.
The scent out of the bottle was okay but when I lathered it up oh my goodness I fell in love.
I absolutely love the scent of this! It is very nice and smells more high end.
It has a nice lather which I only focused on my scalp in order to avoid drying the length of my hair.
Your hair is left clean shiny, and smelling great!
Like others have mentioned I received compliments on my hair often.
It added some shine to my hair and after a couple of washes, I did notice that it did seem to keep my hair less oily. I could go a little longer without washing but not a full two days.
My hair has slightly more volume but it did not do anything to help smooth my frizz and if anything made it look worse.
Coming to an end of the bottle I still love the scent, however, my hair is still too dry (after using Tresemme smooth n silky which dried my hair out). It did help soften my hair but after the damage, the other shampoo and conditioner combo did I need something more nourishing.

I think this would be great if you do not have any frizz issues or dry damaged hair.
If you have normal hair or oily hair I think this would be great for you.
I may repurchase in the future but it is not very high on my list for repurchase as I need more smoothing for my hair.

on 4/25/2017 3:52:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product, but mostly positive. I love the smell. I love the amount of lather it produces. Used in conjunction with the conditioner, I do feel that my hair is more "balanced". My fried/dry ends are less fried in appearance, and my scalp is less oily. My only complaint is that I seem to have less volume at the roots. My hair appears flat immediately after washing, drying, & straightening. My hair texture is curly/wavy, not fine, so it's unusual for me to have flat hair at my roots immediately after washing & straightening. I'm not sure if this is a deal breaker for me yet, or not. I'm going to give it a few more weeks and see how I feel. Overall, the scent & hydration at the ends make me lean toward a positive opinion.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product! I'm a person who had extremely oily hair. I'm talking about hair that looks like I can fry an egg on it after only a few hours of showering. My hair would be weighed down cause of the oil and I tried everything to fix it. This shampoo really helps control my oil. I went two days without washing my hair and I had no oil breakthrough. It's been amazing! The smell is very pleasant and it lathers nicely. I was skeptical about it but I'm so glad I tried it! The only problem I see is that the packaging for the shampoo doesn't distinguish it apart from the conditioner so I'm constantly reaching for the wrong one! Lol

on 3/28/2017 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love this shampoo/conditioner. I have naturally oily hair and my ends do tend to get split ends and be dry because I usually "fix up" my natural waves in the morning with a curling iron. The scent is very fresh and clean, it reminds me of a shampoo scent my Nana would wash my hair with when I was little.

I do think this could weigh fine/thin hair down, I have thick, wavy hair and I have noticed that I do have a little less volume because of the added moisture. If that is a problem you think you'd be up against, I'd suggest only using the conditioner. (I used it with a clarifying shampoo and it worked fine)

Overall i would buy it again but I don't think it would work as well for someone that has very fine hair or thin hair.