L'Oreal Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
L'Oreal Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

2.9

AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM. AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM.

on 5/7/2018 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If I could give this shampoo a negative rating, I would. I have an oily scalp and color-treated hair, and was looking for a shampoo to help with greasiness. This! This is not it. It not only DESTROYED the ends of my hair over the period of two weeks, it made my scalp even oilier. Instead of my hair looking slick after about 24 hours, I had oily roots after about 4 hours. So, so, SO bad.

The conditioner is better (not good, but better), but I really don't recommend this shampoo AT ALL.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a ton of fine hair with a scalp that can get oily and irritated. This made my scalp sore, and my hair was actually too stripped by it. I will admit my hair was still fluffy the next morning, but my roots seemed weirdly like they had some kind of buildup. Maybe this could work for someone with less finicky hair and skin.

on 3/15/2018 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This stuff leaves my long, fine hair so unbelievably flat I was sure it's loaded with silicones, surprised to find out in contains none. I mean it does the job, my hair feels "washed", but that's about it, I still need to shampoo every other day so the promise of keeping hair clean for 3 days is a bit exaggarated.

on 2/7/2018 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great shampoo when used with the conditioner.

- My hair is down to my hips/buttocks area, and I am growing out a balayage from 2 years ago (so moderate damage at the ends)

- I have naturally straight fine/medium hair with greasy roots and somewhat dry ends (even drier at the tips, I need a trim). I don't use heat appliances on my hair

- This shampoo has a lovely fresh scent to it, not too perfumey, but just right.

- I wash my hair a couple times a week and my hair still feel soft at the ends, and only needs a little dry shampoo/baby powder on the roots after the 2nd to 3rd day (mostly around my hairline).

- I don't feel the need to use a serum or leave in conditioner afterward and just let my hair air dry completely before brushing it.

I highly recommend! I'm just sad I can't find the big bottles at Walmart anymore. :(

I really thought that this would work for me. I have fine hair; oily roots and dry ends. Lots of buildup. I bought this because my previous shampoo made my hair feel heavy and sticky. This somehow made it feel so much worse. I tried once with the mask beforehand, and once without. My hair feels horrible. 😓

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

1st thing: I've never gotten more compliments from people- fellas in particular- about how my hair smells. Someone hugged me and was like, “not to be creepy, but your hair smells great.” It's got a very clean, classic shampoo scent that lasts.

2nd thing: having an oily scalp and dry ends is my most persistent and annoying hair problem. This actually helps! I was pretty skeptical since that's a tall order to fill, but it worked.
I have very long (longer than mid back) dark brown, wavy, relatively thick hair. With this shampoo, I can go about 2 days before my hair feels like it needs washed because the roots get flat, but still not terribly greasy. If I have to go 3 days for some reason, it's a stretch but it's still not "I can't go out looking like this" unacceptable.

It's funny, if you have dry ends you think you should buy something moisturizing, right? Unfortunately the more moisturizing something claims to be, the more my scalp feels like it has build up on it; which is why I think the hair gets dry at the ends. The scalp's natural oils can't hydrate the hair they way they are supposed to because they are blocked by all that residue on the scalp. Since the buildup with this shampoo is minimal to none, my scalp feels clean and my ends stay smooth and soft. My usual shampoo is Prell of all things-which I use for this very reason- because it leaves my scalp feeling so great! However, I'm happy to have something different to use, just to switch it up.

I don't have to use too much to get a thick lather going even with long hair; and one bottle lasted me about 4 weeks usually shampooing 3-4 times a week. It rinses very clean yet my hair still feels smooth and not tangled, even when it's wet. I don't use any conditioner since they all make my skin break out, so I use Garnier Sleek and Shine serum on the ends just to keep it from being too big. Sometimes I don't even need that.

The only thing I noticed is that the second day, it does seem to lose a bit of volume but it's still not greasy. It's just that if I needed it to look wavier or fuller for some reason, I'd have to wash it again. It's not that bad though, because it looks nice when it's straightened on the second day.

If you have the oily scalp/ dry ends issue, I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. I believe it was under 5 bucks so no big loss if you don't like it. I think it works really well and have already bought another bottle.

I am surprised at how much I like this, I was afraid it was all gimmick and no results. I purchased only the shampoo - not the conditioner or pre-treatment. The shampoo is great though - lathers really well, cleans deeply without being drying, pleasant scent. My hair seems shinier after using this as well. I've followed it with my usual conditioner (Pureology Hydrate Light) so I can't attest to using the shampoo on its own - it may in fact be a bit drying. But with a good conditioner I'm really enjoying the results. Hair feels very light and clean.

I bought this because I have oily roots and dry ends. And on the packaging it promise you to help you with that. It makes my hair very dry (frizzy) and flat. I would not recomend it to anyone.

on 3/2/2017 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this shampoo! It makes my hair feel really clean and nice. It deeply cleanses my hair, so I don't use it every time I shampoo my hair, but it is good at removing buildup and such. The conditioner in this line is great too! The price can't be beat either, as far as I'm concerned! This is good for my hair which is kind of oily, but dry in areas too. The conditioner is a great product to use with this shampoo too! My hair feels really fresh and clean after using both.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

At first I tried the shampoo without a conditioner to see what results it produces on its own; whilst my scalp and hair has been tingly fresh and clean, while the lengths and ends appear less frizzy and dry. There are some really good bonus points to this shampoo too; not only does it give my hair a glossy finish, and has appeared to have had some prolonging anti-frizz effects on it too. My thick hair is still clean for around two days after being washed - but I've found that my hair can go three days between washes if needs be.

Using the shampoo alone did leave my hair feeling a bit rough to the touch, so I do recommend using the matching conditioner which makes up for the shampoo's harsh feeling effect by adding more softness to hair, as well as reducing the frizz.