L'Oreal Paris Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
L'Oreal Paris Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

3.5

AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM. AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM.

on 5/7/2018 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If I could give this shampoo a negative rating, I would. I have an oily scalp and color-treated hair, and was looking for a shampoo to help with greasiness. This! This is not it. It not only DESTROYED the ends of my hair over the period of two weeks, it made my scalp even oilier. Instead of my hair looking slick after about 24 hours, I had oily roots after about 4 hours. So, so, SO bad.

The conditioner is better (not good, but better), but I really don't recommend this shampoo AT ALL.

on 11/13/2017 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shampoo was made for my hair! I have a lot of straight, fine hair that’s naturally very oily (12 hours after washing it’s normally a greasy mess). With this shampoo, I can go all day without my scalp looking like a grease pit and it doesn’t weigh my hair down. It’s a miracle! I can also get away with washing my hair less (1 day, not a full 2 days). I feel and notice a visible difference in my hair whenever I use this. It doesn’t dry my hair out, either.

on 10/25/2017 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my back-up shampoo. The Aussie Moist is still my favorite- but this is close behind that.

Helps with oily roots (at least doesn't make them worse!), does not dry out my hair, and lathers easily. Cleans well.
Would repurchase if needed

Edit: I'm going to stick to my Aussie moist shampoo. Still the best. I won't be purchasing this again- not a bad shampoo, just not better in my opinion than Aussie

on 3/28/2017 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love this shampoo/conditioner. I have naturally oily hair and my ends do tend to get split ends and be dry because I usually "fix up" my natural waves in the morning with a curling iron. The scent is very fresh and clean, it reminds me of a shampoo scent my Nana would wash my hair with when I was little.

I do think this could weigh fine/thin hair down, I have thick, wavy hair and I have noticed that I do have a little less volume because of the added moisture. If that is a problem you think you'd be up against, I'd suggest only using the conditioner. (I used it with a clarifying shampoo and it worked fine)

Overall i would buy it again but I don't think it would work as well for someone that has very fine hair or thin hair.