L'Oreal Paris Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

L'Oreal Paris Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

3.3

AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM. AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM.

on 5/7/2018 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I thought that this product would exactly what is said, because I have oily roots and dry ends. It made my hair feel worse than ever before. My hair felt somewhat clean after I used it, but it still felt like there was build up in my roots. I felt like I had to wash my hair everyday and I wouldn't dare miss a day because my hair started to smell. I do not recommend this product, it does not do what it says! Pantene works much better.

on 5/7/2018 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If I could give this shampoo a negative rating, I would. I have an oily scalp and color-treated hair, and was looking for a shampoo to help with greasiness. This! This is not it. It not only DESTROYED the ends of my hair over the period of two weeks, it made my scalp even oilier. Instead of my hair looking slick after about 24 hours, I had oily roots after about 4 hours. So, so, SO bad.

The conditioner is better (not good, but better), but I really don't recommend this shampoo AT ALL.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a ton of fine hair with a scalp that can get oily and irritated. This made my scalp sore, and my hair was actually too stripped by it. I will admit my hair was still fluffy the next morning, but my roots seemed weirdly like they had some kind of buildup. Maybe this could work for someone with less finicky hair and skin.

on 3/15/2018 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This stuff leaves my long, fine hair so unbelievably flat I was sure it's loaded with silicones, surprised to find out in contains none. I mean it does the job, my hair feels "washed", but that's about it, I still need to shampoo every other day so the promise of keeping hair clean for 3 days is a bit exaggarated.

I really thought that this would work for me. I have fine hair; oily roots and dry ends. Lots of buildup. I bought this because my previous shampoo made my hair feel heavy and sticky. This somehow made it feel so much worse. I tried once with the mask beforehand, and once without. My hair feels horrible. 😓

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Elvive's Citrus.CR shampoo for oily hair was my holy grail shampoo for years, until it discontinued. It had a refreshing scent, gave extra volume to my hair and really cleaned off the excess oil from my scalp. I'm really sad Elvive got rid of it. But of course I wanted to try their new shampoo for oily hair and got this, although I didn't have much hope.

I have flaking skin on my t-zone and it's on the oily side too. I use a clay mask on that area once a week. So when I saw 'clay' in this shampoo I thought it would do a good job cleaning the dandruff, just like my clay masks do on my t-zone. I wasn't wrong on that. But I also thought...clay masks don't really do anything on how oily my t-zone is. I can't generalize but for me personally imagine all the ingredients that clean off the excess oil like acidic stuff, alcohol, etc out of all, clay always did the poorest job. I would have my t-zone oil-free for MINUTES and then the oil would come back. This shampoo did exactly that on my scalp. With the Citrus.CR shampoo I could go days without washing my hair and still have volume and unless I touched my hair, my scalp wouldn't be THAT oily. With this clay shampoo the volume isn't even close to the result of Citrus.CR and the oil comes back pretty fast. I didn't like the scent either.

I expect three things in a shampoo: give volume, control the oil on my scalp as much as possible, good scent. Sadly, this shampoo didn't provide any of that.

I bought this because I have oily roots and dry ends. And on the packaging it promise you to help you with that. It makes my hair very dry (frizzy) and flat. I would not recomend it to anyone.

on 3/5/2017 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Nope. This is crap. I was hopeful since I have fine hair that gets weighed down with scalp oils and struggles with keeping moisture in the ends. Sounded too good to be true because it is.

After the first use, my hair felt stripped of moisture. Go figure, clay . . . And the day after my hair was oilier than ever even inches away from the scalp. Nope, not buying your dry shampoo.

The best combo I've found for my hair type is Rusk Calm shampoo/conditioner and a biweekly deep conditioner on the ends. I'm not even going to try to keep this stuff so I can keep trying it again. Throwing it straight in the trash.

on 11/12/2016 11:37:00 PM

This is for the ANTI DANDRUFF VERSION, so if someone has tried both and found a difference between the 2, PLEASE PM me!

This sounded perfect. A shampoo for oily roots with DANDRUFF and dry ends! WOAH! It was like a gift direct from heaven... too bad it didn't work.

The scent is nice and clean. With frequent use, my scalp gets really sore and more hair starts falling out. Does not seem to control the oil or dandruff. I am really disappointed.

on 10/25/2017 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my back-up shampoo. The Aussie Moist is still my favorite- but this is close behind that.

Helps with oily roots (at least doesn't make them worse!), does not dry out my hair, and lathers easily. Cleans well.
Would repurchase if needed

Edit: I'm going to stick to my Aussie moist shampoo. Still the best. I won't be purchasing this again- not a bad shampoo, just not better in my opinion than Aussie