3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

I generally stay away from drugstore shampoos, but here in Canada a lot of our drugstores can carry salon brands too. I have my favourites. But when I saw this on sale, I thought meh, why not try it. I have thin, super oily hair. And really there is not enough shampoos for people with greasy hair!! I can’t go more than two days without washing it. It’s very fragile and gets oily fast. This shampoo IMO did exactly what it said. It cleanses my scalp thoroughly and then conditions the ends. I can use this shampoo without a conditioner which is crazy! You’d totally think you’d need one, but no. It leaves my hair super soft and smooth and yet my scalp stays clean and oil free longer. I don’t think I would bother with the conditioner. But if you have oily hair, TRY this! It’s amazing for a drugstore shampoo! I’m getting my hair bleached and lifted soon so we will see how itbgoes with that. I will likely need a conditioner but if you have natural hair or colour treated hair that hasn’t been bleached, and is oily, give this a shot.ioiiîio

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

10 months ago

I used it for over a year but I've moved on. It sounded like it was made just for me, oily roots and dry ends, but it didn't do anything to solve the problem, my hair still got greasy in about 36 hours and the ends were still dry. Besides the fact that it didn't work, it was just a regular shampoo that cleansed hair well and not over-drying. The smell was alright, too. I used it for so long because I was just tired of searching for another one and this didn't give me any actual problems.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I thought that this product would exactly what is said, because I have oily roots and dry ends. It made my hair feel worse than ever before. My hair felt somewhat clean after I used it, but it still felt like there was build up in my roots. I felt like I had to wash my hair everyday and I wouldn't dare miss a day because my hair started to smell. I do not recommend this product, it does not do what it says! Pantene works much better.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

2 years ago

If I could give this shampoo a negative rating, I would. I have an oily scalp and color-treated hair, and was looking for a shampoo to help with greasiness. This! This is not it. It not only DESTROYED the ends of my hair over the period of two weeks, it made my scalp even oilier. Instead of my hair looking slick after about 24 hours, I had oily roots after about 4 hours. So, so, SO bad. The conditioner is better (not good, but better), but I really don't recommend this shampoo AT ALL.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I have a ton of fine hair with a scalp that can get oily and irritated. This made my scalp sore, and my hair was actually too stripped by it. I will admit my hair was still fluffy the next morning, but my roots seemed weirdly like they had some kind of buildup. Maybe this could work for someone with less finicky hair and skin.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I have tried so many shampoos. High end and drugstore. I have a lot of fine and slightly wavy hair. My roots tend to get oily while my ends are normal to dry. I do color my hair. I decided to try this shampoo. I’m glad I did. I’m on my 3 bottle and I hardly repurchase the same shampoo. The shampoo can leave my hair feeling a little dry in the shower. I use another more moisturizing conditioner from LOreal. When my hair is dry,my hair feels soft. Not frizzy or dried out. My roots stay normal. I can go 2 days without washing my hair. That’s saying a lot. I’ll continue to repurchase

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

This stuff leaves my long, fine hair so unbelievably flat I was sure it's loaded with silicones, surprised to find out in contains none. I mean it does the job, my hair feels "washed", but that's about it, I still need to shampoo every other day so the promise of keeping hair clean for 3 days is a bit exaggarated.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This is a great shampoo when used with the conditioner. - My hair is down to my hips/buttocks area, and I am growing out a balayage from 2 years ago (so moderate damage at the ends) - I have naturally straight fine/medium hair with greasy roots and somewhat dry ends (even drier at the tips, I need a trim). I don't use heat appliances on my hair - This shampoo has a lovely fresh scent to it, not too perfumey, but just right. - I wash my hair a couple times a week and my hair still feel soft at the ends, and only needs a little dry shampoo/baby powder on the roots after the 2nd to 3rd day (mostly around my hairline). - I don't feel the need to use a serum or leave in conditioner afterward and just let my hair air dry completely before brushing it. I highly recommend! I'm just sad I can't find the big bottles at Walmart anymore. :(

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

Elvive's Citrus.CR shampoo for oily hair was my holy grail shampoo for years, until it discontinued. It had a refreshing scent, gave extra volume to my hair and really cleaned off the excess oil from my scalp. I'm really sad Elvive got rid of it. But of course I wanted to try their new shampoo for oily hair and got this, although I didn't have much hope. I have flaking skin on my t-zone and it's on the oily side too. I use a clay mask on that area once a week. So when I saw 'clay' in this shampoo I thought it would do a good job cleaning the dandruff, just like my clay masks do on my t-zone. I wasn't wrong on that. But I also thought...clay masks don't really do anything on how oily my t-zone is. I can't generalize but for me personally imagine all the ingredients that clean off the excess oil like acidic stuff, alcohol, etc out of all, clay always did the poorest job. I would have my t-zone oil-free for MINUTES and then the oil would come back. This shampoo did exactly that on my scalp. With the Citrus.CR shampoo I could go days without washing my hair and still have volume and unless I touched my hair, my scalp wouldn't be THAT oily. With this clay shampoo the volume isn't even close to the result of Citrus.CR and the oil comes back pretty fast. I didn't like the scent either. I expect three things in a shampoo: give volume, control the oil on my scalp as much as possible, good scent. Sadly, this shampoo didn't provide any of that.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Where have you been all my life?!? My scalp is oily but my hair ends to be a bit dry due to the chemical processing and blow drying, etc. My scalp is totally oil free for nearly two days when I use this line. It does not make my ends feel drier. I do have frizz issues regardless of what I use (curly, fine hair). I can deal/combat frizz with other products but I hate using a shampoo or conditioner that makes me oilier or worse...greasy. This has been a God send. When I have time, I also use the mask in this line.

About reviewer (193 reviews)

Age44-55