L'Oreal Paris Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

Filtered by age: 36-43
L'Oreal Paris Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

4.2

AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM. AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM.

on 4/27/2018 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried so many shampoos. High end and drugstore. I have a lot of fine and slightly wavy hair. My roots tend to get oily while my ends are normal to dry. I do color my hair. I decided to try this shampoo. I’m glad I did. I’m on my 3 bottle and I hardly repurchase the same shampoo. The shampoo can leave my hair feeling a little dry in the shower. I use another more moisturizing conditioner from LOreal. When my hair is dry,my hair feels soft. Not frizzy or dried out. My roots stay normal. I can go 2 days without washing my hair. That’s saying a lot. I’ll continue to repurchase

on 11/17/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Where have you been all my life?!? My scalp is oily but my hair ends to be a bit dry due to the chemical processing and blow drying, etc. My scalp is totally oil free for nearly two days when I use this line. It does not make my ends feel drier. I do have frizz issues regardless of what I use (curly, fine hair). I can deal/combat frizz with other products but I hate using a shampoo or conditioner that makes me oilier or worse...greasy. This has been a God send. When I have time, I also use the mask in this line.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I've been searching for a shampoo that will clean my roots properly without drying my scalp and hair out, and this is THE ONE. I used to have normal hair but it all changed after having kids. I found if I used shampoos that were slightly on the nourishing side, or didn't blow dry my hair completely my roots tended get oily again within the same day. It made me feel a lot happier not having to disguise greasy hair that's less than a day old. My wallet will love it too cos it's a supermarket product!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

1st thing: I've never gotten more compliments from people- fellas in particular- about how my hair smells. Someone hugged me and was like, “not to be creepy, but your hair smells great.” It's got a very clean, classic shampoo scent that lasts.

2nd thing: having an oily scalp and dry ends is my most persistent and annoying hair problem. This actually helps! I was pretty skeptical since that's a tall order to fill, but it worked.
I have very long (longer than mid back) dark brown, wavy, relatively thick hair. With this shampoo, I can go about 2 days before my hair feels like it needs washed because the roots get flat, but still not terribly greasy. If I have to go 3 days for some reason, it's a stretch but it's still not "I can't go out looking like this" unacceptable.

It's funny, if you have dry ends you think you should buy something moisturizing, right? Unfortunately the more moisturizing something claims to be, the more my scalp feels like it has build up on it; which is why I think the hair gets dry at the ends. The scalp's natural oils can't hydrate the hair they way they are supposed to because they are blocked by all that residue on the scalp. Since the buildup with this shampoo is minimal to none, my scalp feels clean and my ends stay smooth and soft. My usual shampoo is Prell of all things-which I use for this very reason- because it leaves my scalp feeling so great! However, I'm happy to have something different to use, just to switch it up.

I don't have to use too much to get a thick lather going even with long hair; and one bottle lasted me about 4 weeks usually shampooing 3-4 times a week. It rinses very clean yet my hair still feels smooth and not tangled, even when it's wet. I don't use any conditioner since they all make my skin break out, so I use Garnier Sleek and Shine serum on the ends just to keep it from being too big. Sometimes I don't even need that.

The only thing I noticed is that the second day, it does seem to lose a bit of volume but it's still not greasy. It's just that if I needed it to look wavier or fuller for some reason, I'd have to wash it again. It's not that bad though, because it looks nice when it's straightened on the second day.

If you have the oily scalp/ dry ends issue, I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. I believe it was under 5 bucks so no big loss if you don't like it. I think it works really well and have already bought another bottle.

on 4/25/2017 3:52:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product, but mostly positive. I love the smell. I love the amount of lather it produces. Used in conjunction with the conditioner, I do feel that my hair is more "balanced". My fried/dry ends are less fried in appearance, and my scalp is less oily. My only complaint is that I seem to have less volume at the roots. My hair appears flat immediately after washing, drying, & straightening. My hair texture is curly/wavy, not fine, so it's unusual for me to have flat hair at my roots immediately after washing & straightening. I'm not sure if this is a deal breaker for me yet, or not. I'm going to give it a few more weeks and see how I feel. Overall, the scent & hydration at the ends make me lean toward a positive opinion.

on 3/5/2017 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Nope. This is crap. I was hopeful since I have fine hair that gets weighed down with scalp oils and struggles with keeping moisture in the ends. Sounded too good to be true because it is.

After the first use, my hair felt stripped of moisture. Go figure, clay . . . And the day after my hair was oilier than ever even inches away from the scalp. Nope, not buying your dry shampoo.

The best combo I've found for my hair type is Rusk Calm shampoo/conditioner and a biweekly deep conditioner on the ends. I'm not even going to try to keep this stuff so I can keep trying it again. Throwing it straight in the trash.