L'Oreal Paris Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

Filtered by age: 25-29
L'Oreal Paris Elvive - Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM. AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CI 42090, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PPG-5-CETETH-20, ARGILLA, SALICYLIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, MONTMORILLONITE, KAOLIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PARFUM.

This has lasted me a long time. I use it as one of my regular shampoos, but I have sampled a handful of different brands while using this, so my bottles of these have lasted 3+ months with probably a good month of use left! It's perfect for my hair type, the formula without silicones & protein work well for me. (Still contains sulfates but more on that below...)

The amount of product is A LOT. Many drugstore shampoos I use, even at higher prices, don't contain as much product - and additionally, I find this to be so much more concentrated than the others. (For instance, I only have to shampoo once with this vs twice or more with other drugstore shampoos.) So that's quite the bargain for a brand that I feel always has very quality products from hair to cosmetic items.

I like this shampoo and conditioner because at the moment my hair is really in it's normal state: which for me, "normal" is not over-processed or damaged, but really unbalanced. Having processed hair changes the texture of my hair a little (coarsens it), allowing me to use more heavily moisturizing products without having scalp issues. But when my hair is "healthy," my ends are difficult to keep soft since my natural hair oils have a hard time traveling down to my ends, due to my huge S-curl pattern, 2b-2c wavy hair.

Because right now my hair isn't dry from over-processing, I can use sulfates more easily because I still have a good amount of natural oil buildup to get rid of. (Whereas when my hair is bleached, it is less oily all over, so I tend to use sulfates much less.)

For me, it usually doesn't work to use different products on top and then an end treatment, because while my hair is of a medium strand thickness, it is also somewhat low density so usually every product I use migrates from root to tip, making buildup problems worse.

This formula without silicones contributes way less to buildup-prone hair and scalp. I'm not anti silicones at all times but usually when I see them in a shampoo, for my already oily scalp, it makes me feel like it's going to add more product that would need buildup removal vs what I want my shampoo to do: remove most all buildup.

The other thing I'd like to point out about my hair type, is that it's very low porosity when in a "healthy" state. Proteins that have some penetrating properties, basically overload the dryer parts of my hair shaft (those ends) without absorbing what is needed and rinsing the rest away. This causes me a really bad protein overload/buildup that makes my dry ends stiff like hay, very hard, brittle, and prickly. So one thing I appreciate about this formula is that it's protein free!

I would recommend this to someone without damaged or chemically lightened/processed hair. Because this is a sulfate shampoo, it would be best for someone who wants a shampoo that contributes to regular gentle clarifying, such as oily hair/scalp. This is especially good for people who also need moisture but don't want to use silicones, like curly or wavy haired people with protein sensitivity or buildup prone low porosity strands.

on 3/28/2017 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love this shampoo/conditioner. I have naturally oily hair and my ends do tend to get split ends and be dry because I usually "fix up" my natural waves in the morning with a curling iron. The scent is very fresh and clean, it reminds me of a shampoo scent my Nana would wash my hair with when I was little.

I do think this could weigh fine/thin hair down, I have thick, wavy hair and I have noticed that I do have a little less volume because of the added moisture. If that is a problem you think you'd be up against, I'd suggest only using the conditioner. (I used it with a clarifying shampoo and it worked fine)

Overall i would buy it again but I don't think it would work as well for someone that has very fine hair or thin hair.

on 11/12/2016 11:37:00 PM

This is for the ANTI DANDRUFF VERSION, so if someone has tried both and found a difference between the 2, PLEASE PM me!

This sounded perfect. A shampoo for oily roots with DANDRUFF and dry ends! WOAH! It was like a gift direct from heaven... too bad it didn't work.

The scent is nice and clean. With frequent use, my scalp gets really sore and more hair starts falling out. Does not seem to control the oil or dandruff. I am really disappointed.