MAC 196 Slanted flat top foundation brush

No Image

4.3

I've had great experience using a slanted flat top brush for foundation so I picked this MAC 196 since it's similar to my favourite Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush. The brush head is bigger in diameter and shorter than the Shiseido so it gets the job done faster.

The bristles are very tightly packed and feel velvety soft. I find it doesn't absorb much products as well. I love using this brush especially when applying a sheer to medium or medium coverage foundation. With a dabbing motion, this brush gives a full coverage finish.

Just like the Shiseido, I find that the best way to clean this dense brush is by using a Woolite-type of cleaner to deeply cleanse.

A new favourite.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this brush! It is the perfect stippling tool for applying foundation.

For the past year, I had been using a less expensive stippling brush from another maker. I actually found it in T J Maxx for less than $10. And I was happy with that brush. My BB cream would go on with an even, air-brushed effect.

But I'd had my eye on this MAC brush at a much higher price of about $30-something. I recently started using MAC's cream-based Studio Tech foundation again. I suspected that this MAC slanted brush would be a better stippler. Boy was I right about that!

This brush makes quick work out of turning the creamy foundation into an even, air-brushed thing on my skin. The dense bristles are soft and the stippling goes much quicker than the less expensive brush that I had been using. I feel like an efficient pro when I work this brush!

I agree with the previous reviewer who says that cleaning the brush takes more effort. You can see a little product settled in between the dense bristles once you use it. So I clean the brush everyday with the inexpensive ELF brush cleaner. After I spray a few pumps onto the brush head, I wipe the head with a tissue and then I use my finger to zig-zag another part of the tissue down through the dense bristles. I repeat this process every day for a second time. And then the ELF cleaner dries pretty quickly. Once a week, I give the brush a thorough cleaning through a soapy process.

I love this brush so much that I brought a second one this weekend. When the first brush is drying from a thorough cleaning, I have a second one to use. And I do all of this because it's great to have a brush that allows me to stipple foundation on quickly and beautifully!

Well i have a love hate relationship with this brush.It applies your foundation excellent. No strikes,no cakey, its perfect and you dont need much product. BUT the bristles are so tight that you cant clean it. I have tried e v e r y t h i n g.Whatever you will do you will see the foundation inside it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure