Too Faced Peanut butter and jelly palette

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Too Faced Peanut butter and jelly palette
Peanut butter and jelly palette

4.2

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

The colors are kinda meh. But they are pigmented and blend nicely. But the smell of this is fun. They are a bit gimmicky but I got like that about them.

I was sooo excited to get this - the colors are just gorgeous!! I really love shimmery eye shadows, but most of these shadows were way too glittery for me.

on 1/6/2017 10:33:00 PM

I would buy this palette again in a heart beat. It's one of my all time favorites. I use this all the time and I love the quality of these shadows aside from the purples. Peanut Brittle is one of the most beautiful colors and I'd high recommend this to anyone! anyone who loves the orange/brownish type colors of course.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm "nutty" for Too Faced shadows and palettes. The shadows aren't always even in color payoff or texture, yet, they work so well on the eye and often, there is a basic color that works out to be something you wouldn't pick on your own but it's the best lid color you could find. That was "Peanut Butter" in the original chocolate palette, so they developed this palette based on that warm, medium tan brown. As in most of the Too Faced smaller palettes, the colors are arranged across with a larger base color and then lid and crease. Spread the Love, (Pink cream) Bananas (beige shimmer) and Extra Creamy (off white) are all useful colors on their own for base or brown bone. Peanut Butter is rather like MAC's Soft Brown (a warm mid tan) and works either base or transition in crease. Then there are some violets and purples (Jammin' and Jelly) which are the problem children of this palette. If you've owned any Too Faced palettes, you are familiar with the color payoff (or lack thereof) for their darker shades. Jammin' is a dark plum that applies unevenly, Jelly is a "Vibrant Orchid" that is dry and difficult to apply as well. The rest of the shades work fine (frosty neutrals and Nuts about You, a more orangy matte shade that works in crease well.) And there is the scent of peanut butter (sorta.) The metal case makes it a good travel set and if the colors worked better, you could go a week with one palette but the purples are kind of a miss. Nevertheless, it's a fun palette. Maybe not a "must", but a "nice to own."

on 6/26/2016 3:41:00 AM

I wanted to give this 10 lippies. Yes it is *that* good.

This is my magical HG perfect palette where every shade is highly pigmented, lasts all day long, blends beautifully and looks AMAZING. The yummy scent is a bonus, as is the adorable packaging. Those shades though - oh my freaking goodness they are spectacular!

If you can get your hands on this palette you will be super glad you did!

on 5/13/2016 12:24:00 AM

I like this palette for the novelty of it and because I am somewhat of a makeup collector. The quality of the shadows is very good, they are smooth, pigmented, and blend really well. There are 3 matte shades and the rest are shimmery. It is a very warm palette, and does not offer a variety of colors.

The Extra Creamy shade is one of my favorite brow bone colors EVER.

There is a limited amount of looks you can get with this palette. It's definitely not for every day. There is nothing basic about it.

Bottom line - Is it fun? Yes. Is it good quality? Yes. Can you get some unusual and fun looks with it? Yes. Is it a must-have? No.

on 4/8/2016 6:09:00 PM

I could not wait to buy this palette from the moment I saw it and am so glad I did get it! I do think $36 is a bit much, it could be a little cheaper since the pans are small but no real complaints. I have been really into the orange-y eye look lately so that's what drew me to this palette. The only color I am not a huge fan of is jammin', but I even love bananas and I usually hate gold. I have only used this a few times and used peanut butter, peanut brittle and nuts about U. I can't wait to get into jelly and also create a neutral look with bananas on the lid. The outside of the palette is adorable and the peanut butter smell is a cute touch! Overall super pleased with this and would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Right off the bat, the packaging is undeniably adorable, but to get down to brass tax, the shadows are the most important part of this palette, whether for the good or the somewhat bad. The majority of the palette consists of warm shades, which could scream trouble for those with cool skin tones, while the darkest color in the palette, "Jammin'", is a slightly dry shimmery shade and isn't the purple I expected it to be. On a much brighter note, the rest of the palette is fantastic, because the shadows are buttery, smooth, and apply like a dream with minimal fallout. The stand out shades for me were "Peanut Butter"; a matte medium orange with a brown undertone, "Nuts About U"; a matte brown with a red undertone, and "Bananas"; a soft gold with fine shimmer particles. To be fair, there wasn't a dud in the palette, just some better than others, but all of the shades have a nice peanut butter scent which isn't too overwhelming but undeniably there, so if you don't like scented products you might want to avoid this one. Overall, I enjoy this product and will continue to use it when I want to create a warm eye look, and I strongly recommend it to anyone interested in the shades and textures, but stay away if you don't use warm eyeshadows or hate peanut butter, but then again why would anyone hate peanut butter? Nevertheless, it's a great palette from a great brand.

I really love this palette. If you don't like warm shades, you should not get this. It's extremely warm toned. Nuts About U is a dangerous shade that you have to be careful with, a little goes a long way. Spread the Love or whatever it's called is soooooo beautiful. My fav shade from this palette. These shadows are extremely pigmented and blend so well on the lids, they're so soft and buttery. Just be careful with the darker shades if you're fair skinned like me!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This review is for the pale girls. The ones who, like me, were drawn to the cuteness but not sure if they could actually wear the colors inside.
On the plus side, I don't have any of these colors in any other palette or single. Lol. I don't have a huge stash by any stretch but seriously, nothing else even close.

When I first got it, I used the entire top row to create a look. That turned out way too warm.
But after that I tried all three of the larger shades(per ttsandra) and that was really pretty.
And then I decided to tackle the scary shade at the bottom, Nuts About U. I started with a base of the white, Extra Creamy, and then gradually added Nuts to the crease, blending the edge with my bronzer, like I always do (Too Faced Milk Chocolate). It was so wearable that I actually went back in with more Nuts to amp it up a bit.
And then today I did a wash of Peanut Butter Cup, which was just gorgeous with its golden shimmer.
Right before washing my face I played with Peanut Brittle on one eye and Jammin and Jelly on the other. Surprisingly wearable, although Brittle used heavily will require a warmer look on the rest of the face in order to pull it off.

Overall, it's a fun palette. I don't regret buying it. I might come back and adjust my rating if I continue to reach for it frequently.