Too Faced Peanut butter and jelly palette

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Too Faced Peanut butter and jelly palette
Peanut butter and jelly palette

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm "nutty" for Too Faced shadows and palettes. The shadows aren't always even in color payoff or texture, yet, they work so well on the eye and often, there is a basic color that works out to be something you wouldn't pick on your own but it's the best lid color you could find. That was "Peanut Butter" in the original chocolate palette, so they developed this palette based on that warm, medium tan brown. As in most of the Too Faced smaller palettes, the colors are arranged across with a larger base color and then lid and crease. Spread the Love, (Pink cream) Bananas (beige shimmer) and Extra Creamy (off white) are all useful colors on their own for base or brown bone. Peanut Butter is rather like MAC's Soft Brown (a warm mid tan) and works either base or transition in crease. Then there are some violets and purples (Jammin' and Jelly) which are the problem children of this palette. If you've owned any Too Faced palettes, you are familiar with the color payoff (or lack thereof) for their darker shades. Jammin' is a dark plum that applies unevenly, Jelly is a "Vibrant Orchid" that is dry and difficult to apply as well. The rest of the shades work fine (frosty neutrals and Nuts about You, a more orangy matte shade that works in crease well.) And there is the scent of peanut butter (sorta.) The metal case makes it a good travel set and if the colors worked better, you could go a week with one palette but the purples are kind of a miss. Nevertheless, it's a fun palette. Maybe not a "must", but a "nice to own."

on 7/11/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I was debating between either this palette or the Sweet Peach one. But then the Sweet Peach sold out making my decision a lot easier! And I'm glad because I love this palette! Like the majority of Too Faced E/S, these go on so smooth with no creasing. That along with beautiful shimmery orange/coopers and warm browns make this perfect palette for me. Unfortunately, the electric purple (Jelly??) wasn't as vibrant as I though but It's not a deal breaker, I have plenty of purples in my stash that can do the job if need be. Also, this does NOT smell like peanut butter nor does it have any peanuts in it. It's smells just like the Chocolate Bars so if you have a peanut allergy, not to worry. Great palette!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this palette the color peanut butter is slightly a little different intexure than in the semi sweet chocolate bar palette all of the colors are very pretty and good color pay off the only reason why I didn't give it 5 Stars is because I wish they had deep chocolate brown or even a deep matte purple in the palette since I am a woman of color a nc45 in Mac Foundation for reference I need something deeper for my outer v especially since I have hooded eyes to create a crease above my natural crease since there is no really deep enough matte color there's no way I could travel with this palette alone other than that I have no complaints

on 3/16/2016 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't like this palette at all. It was very orange, and the colors I was intrigued by had poor pigmentation - jammin' and the other darker purple shade. The color nuts about u is just not wearable. I also thought the larger pans (spread the love, bananas, and extra creamy) were not great for all over the lid colors. Totally not wearable without incorporating another palette or shadows into the mix. I should have gone with my gut and not bought this. I regret purchasing. If you like bright colors and warm tones like this you will like it. If you like natural neutrals you will not.