Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit
Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick was the first Kylie lip kit I bought, choosing between Kristen and Dazzle at the Kylie store in San Francisco. I wanted a pinkish-red color that wasn't too neutral but also not too dramatic. I used the lip liner and liquid lipstick according to package directions, but it never fully dried. Even after experimenting with a thick coat and a thin coat. It dried a little bit but still felt very wet. There also wasn't a "turn" thing on the liner so I almost threw it away after one week before realizing I could sharpen it. The pencil's tip didn't look like it could be sharpened, I thought the plastic material would break the sharpener. It didn't but twice the sharpener broke off little pieces of liner and I had to continue sharpening it.
On the positive side this never rubbed off on my teeth. On the negative side, it really emphasized the lines on the sides of my bottom lip. I also have injections, not as big as Kylie's but my lips definitely aren't thin and have more shape to them than average. Anytime I ate with this product, the lipstick would rub off onto the center of my chin, and when I would wipe it off it would also remove my foundation underneath. Sometimes it would rub onto the bottom of my nose and I'm not a messy eater. I couldn't share food or drinks with people either (everybody does it, lol) because there would be color rubbing off on the straw and food. I would have to reapply after eating or drinking because the color would be gone from the bottom portion of both of my top lip, and top portion of my bottom lip. I also kissed a person on a date and afterwards, the lipstick was GONE. It wasn't messed up, it was literally no longer there. As if I never applied the lipstick, even though there was color transferred on his lips. It was so embarrassing to have my lipstick disappear and whenever I would go out to coffee/food my friends would point out the color on my chin/nose or I would be constantly checking my phone camera to see if there was any smudging.
Since the store I bought this from didn't accept any returns (of course), I still wear this lipstick on campus days/casual days but I'm basically just using it until it runs out since the color isn't bad and it still costed three times the amount of my usual lipstick. However, this product was really disappointing and doesn't match with all of the hype surrounding it, my usual $10 Revlon colorstay liquid lipstick in the same color will last all day and involves no retouching at all, even if I'm eating or kissing. I understand Kylie Cosmetics has higher prices to avoid over saturation or going out of style, but I see this more as a brand for her fans and not those looking for quality makeup products. I recommend her highlighters and matte lipsticks but the velvet lip kit was just really embarassing for me to wear :(

on 5/6/2018 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Kylie Jenner autunm lip kit review:
Is a weird orange pink color. The box looks more burnt orange than swatches online, so I was worried. I mistakened the lipstick for a gloss at first.It is matte and verydrying. It has a weird artificial vanilla smell. The lipstick and lipliner do match.Don't know if it sharpens well yet.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Any and all of Kylie Jenner's make up is garbage. Customer service is horrible and she markets towards 7 year olds but y'all goofy people will still buy from her.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Got my kit in the shade Pumpkin. The colour suits me well. I have to say that this is one of my favourite liquid lipstick. It is thick and creamy yet it slides perfectly on my lips and dries fast. No bleeding, does not budge/transfer and it is long lasting. The lip liner helps the color to stay on longer. Lip liner is okay and I love it too. The only minus point of the lipstick is that after months using it, it gets drier. Like I can feel the difference between when I first used it and 10 months after. I have other lipstick that after months still felt the same. The price is okay, considering that you get a liner as well.

Honestly, I’m not a fan of the KarJenners. But after all the hype I had to buy a few and test them out. For the price point they are actually amazing and other brand charges over 40$ for these. They are long lasting and they are a bit drying like all matte liquid lipstick!!! But it is very comfortable to wear. I think her products are really good and the price point is lower since there not available in stores. Other brands are much more expensive and lower quality. I always order her products and I have never had a problem with shipping. It’s always quick.

OK, honestly, it is over priced. just think about, kylie cosmetics is the most profitable cometics out there, so do your maths.
the product itself is not bad in terms of it does have a few very nice colours. However it is a bit drying...the trade off is it does last long.
I didnt expect to receive any customer service, so i can't disappointed.
If it has promotion or the products are on sale, i will buy again. But at full retail price? No thank you.

on 12/6/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This review is more about the customer service and from what I seen on this company by analyzing it online. I bought two single lipsticks from Kylie Cosmetics on November 24 2017( which was Black Friday). They did said it would take 5 - 7 days to process my order. The 5th day I emailed her Customer Service team to ask where my order was, and they said it took 5 days to process although it was the 5th day I let it go. 2 day's after I emailed her team again very frustrated. I started that it is the 2nd week and I didn't even get a email saying my order is being shipped out. Again another person responded back by the name Yasmine telling me that it will be shipped out soon because they are busy. That is no excuse to be 2 weeks behind on orders especially without no compensation. I told her that it was not fair and she replied rudely saying " their company does not get freebies" and to wait an extra 3 days.16 messages later I was so angry I just wanted my money back. I heard other complaints where people online was saying they don't give refunds once you place your order. The most frustrated thing out of everything was that THEY TOOK THE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT without shipping out the product. I told Yasmine I would get my Credit Card company and Paypal involved if they were not going to refunded me the amount. FINALLY the manger got involved and said they refunded me. I would never buy from this company again because from the stress with he whole processing and shipping. A company shouldn't be able to take your money without shipping you the product first, it's not like a prepaid from the lipstick. Second thing about this company is that I never see on Kylie Cosmetics social media page or website switching her lipstick on darker skin complexions. That is unfair ! The only women of color I see rocking her products are Makeup by Shayla. Probably once every month you see her post a women of color wearing her product. I don't want to buy from her because of that reason as well. She date's predominantly black guy's but can never post switches for darker skin. SMH

on 12/2/2017 7:53:00 PM

The worst! I have tried evert matte liquid lipstick and this one is the worst - even comparing it to drug store brands. It is the most drying of any of the ones i've tried and it starts to crumble on my bottom lip within 10-15 minutes. Then it starts to loook all patchy and it wears off after 30 min. Even when i wear lip balm before hand it still starts to crumble. The only pluses are the colors. I love them. And then lip liners are TERRIBLE! they're the same shade, if not lighter, than the lipstick. Sometimes when I wear Candy K I look like a dead person. She really needs to change her formula. And why do ppl think the packaging is cute? It's so stupid looking. Kat Von D, Nars, & ABH are the GOAT!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is kinda an eh product. It works and I like it, but I can get liquid lipsticks for much better. I strongly prefer the KVD mattes, so like it's good, but I won't repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Amazing smell and they don't flake and crumble, they feel like nothing on your lips. I love the packaging. The only downfall is that the shipping is pricey and you have to pay high customs charges if you live abroad.